*** 2007 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

Thoughts on this idea? I love love love to bake for the holidays. I thought about baking some cookies and sending them to the person I have for SS (bagging them airtight very very well and sending them priority). This is in addition to the gift!

Would this be appropriate or would most of you throw it out for safety reasons? Hmm, and then there's health/allergy reasons.. but it'd be a basic cookie, nothing fancy shmancy.

good question...........

i guess you could go either way on that

I am one of those people who will not eat other people's cooking unless I know you well, been in your house or watched you make it for a million and 1 different reasons including pet hair, finger licking ect,lol. NOT saying you would do that but just honestly how I am.....I got it from my mama! lmao My husband on the other hand eat's anything people hand him!

im the same way but i find if i watch anyone............ well there always seems to be something:confused: maby it's just the wierd people i know,lol

so i do my best not to think about it much and just enjoy it.............. and btw i would love :D it if you sent me some

id like to know how everyone else feels about this.......... i was going to do the same and never would have guessed others feel the way i do about something someone else cooked. seems to me i was always the odd ball there

Well, if it helps the person I am sending too.. I am a total germaphobe. And yes, we have cats, but I'll be darned if any cat hair enters our food.. LOL! I'm really weird in the kitchen though. I wash my hands a million times while cooking dinner. DH always makes fun, because it adds probably ten minutes total to the prep time for whatever I am cooking.

And the dishwasher doesn't clean things well enough (even though it's brand new and works PERFECTLY!). I still have to rinse off and re-wash some things. Bad, eh? LOL.

Well, if it helps the person I am sending too.. I am a total germaphobe. And yes, we have cats, but I'll be darned if any cat hair enters our food.. LOL! I'm really weird in the kitchen though. I wash my hands a million times while cooking dinner. DH always makes fun, because it adds probably ten minutes total to the prep time for whatever I am cooking.

And the dishwasher doesn't clean things well enough (even though it's brand new and works PERFECTLY!). I still have to rinse off and re-wash some things. Bad, eh? LOL.

:D i hear you

Gee, maybe next year we should start a cookie exchange :gdlicklips:

Now I'm really motivated to bake this year!

a forth exchange:eek: :eyepoppin:bonk::gd_stars:

are you nuts:eyepoppin :insane:

lol all joking aside i think that's a great idea, :D i'd love to do that also

I think a recipe exchange would be great for next year. I'm just about done with my cards, otherwise I would include one this year! I think a cookie exchange would get kinda expensive, sending cookies to 51 people?? Unless I'm thinking about this wrong...

what about doing the cookie this as a recipe train. The first person bakes a cookie type(home many they want to send is up to them) and they include a copy of the recipe. The next person gets the package and to take the cookies the first made and a copy of the recipe and then make whatever cookie they want sends that to the next person and a recipe. As you get the point as the train went on the recipes would increase but you would only be sending on one type of cookie to the next person. Just an idea to put out there. We could even make it in the round so that everyone gets the package twice so that everyone gets to see all the recipes.

I'm trying to shop for my SS gift online and it's hard. I tried to cheat and see if the person had an Amazon wish list, lol. Life would be so easy if everyone had one! :tongue1:

I know what I want to buy for the ornament exchange but I want something very specific for the person and I haven't found one yet! This one is a challenge!

I'm trying to shop for my SS gift online and it's hard. I tried to cheat and see if the person had an Amazon wish list, lol. Life would be so easy if everyone had one! :tongue1:

Oh that is SNEAKY!! lol - too bad it didn't work. I didn't even know you could look up other people's. I found my SS and my brother on there. Too bad my SS hasn't added anything for a couple of years...that would've been super easy :yup:

I bought my SS gift, ornament and have all my cards ready. I just refuse to send anything having to do with Christmas until Thanksgiving is over!!

For the SS and ornament...are we supposed to say who we are or is this going to be revealed after Christmas?? Please help me figure out what to do!!!! :)