GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone stays healthy and that loved ones are back on the mend.  Time is short.  

We had a very nice Christmas, and I didn't even have to take anyone to urgent care, so that was nice LOL - for the past few years, someone has been sick on Christmas Day but we managed to miss out on it this year.  

I put over 1000 miles on my vehicle in the last few days but it was all worth it.  Lots of sports activities and a last minute decision to drive all day to my younger son's hockey team NYE party as soon as my older son's tournament ended.  

Our weather is starting to turn colder, which makes me think about summer vacation ideas, so I'll be researching that just as soon as I buy a new winter coat (gotta have my priorities straight lol). I still haven't taken down any Christmas decorations but I'm hoping DS12 will help out with that since he doesn't go back to school until Thursday.  Here for 2024!

Happy New Year, folks! Had a nice turnout at the annual church NYE party I host. A fun evening of Telestrations, Euchre, UNO, Phase 10 and other games was had as we counted down the hours to midnight. Yesterday, had my nerves shot by my Wolverines as they fought with Alabama for a chance to go to the national championship.

Fun fact - my friend's freshman son is a part of the Michigan Marching Band and was chosen to be in the traveling band that went to the B1G Championship, the Rose Bowl, and now the National Championship games. I understand this is not an honor frequently bestowed on freshmen band members so I am truly proud and thrilled for him. Such an amazing opportunity for a pretty cool young man with some incredible musical talents. 😁

As this year begins, I hope and pray my GD family enjoys good health and many blessings throughout the year. (And hopefully we all keep up with our check ins this year! 😆)

• Like 2
  • Hot 1

On 1/4/2024 at 8:35 PM, Gator Pam said:

EAAA5F29-90E7-454B-9969-4EE4C5EEBC78.thumb.jpeg.928af86aedbd27216acee14fa6a0409f.jpeg

I love me as I am.  I do not care what others think.  Or at least I have not run into an individual who could make me care what others think.  Go ahead and be yourself in 2024.  Happy New Year!

• Like 2

I'm never as glad to work from home as I am when the forecast starts calling for arctic air!  Hopefully it doesn't come with much precip, and the lines stay clear and the power stays on.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 1:45 PM, jstluvem said:

Forecast is calling for our first actual accumulation.... ready for a snow day only been back for 2 days 😁

I'm right there with you! I went back to work last Wednesday and was so ready for the weekend! I don't know what I'm going to do with 5 whole days this week!

• Like 1