GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Greetings 2024. You best be better than your predecessor. 🥳

To kick things off this year, my spinal surgeon is giving me a special New Year's present. Two surgeries, ALIF and LSF, to help fix the issues I've been dealing with in the lower part of my spine. Also going to move a nerve that's being pinched and causing my sciatica down my leg. Therefore, I'll be down and out for a while in the hospital, then likely in a spinal rehab facility.
But the good news is I'll have my brand new laptop I got for Christmas! I'll be able to Duo and Facetime all my friends and family. And I'll still be around the internet here and there.

2024 is coming in with a blast!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stationchief said:

To kick things off this year, my spinal surgeon is giving me a special New Year's present. Two surgeries, ALIF and LSF, to help fix the issues I've been dealing with in the lower part of my spine. Also going to move a nerve that's being pinched and causing my sciatica down my leg. Therefore, I'll be down and out for a while in the hospital, then likely in a spinal rehab facility.
But the good news is I'll have my brand new laptop I got for Christmas! I'll be able to Duo and Facetime all my friends and family. And I'll still be around the internet here and there.

At least it’s a blast that can come with some relief for you. 🙂

1 hour ago, stationchief said:

Good luck! I hope this fixes your pain/problems. 

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year all!   Sorry I haven't been around much in December.  Mom became critically ill and she and I spent the last 3 weeks together in the hospital.  She just got released and came home in time to ring in the New Year.  (not that she cares that it is the New Year.)  She is still very weak and fragile.  But *if* I can convince her to eat/drink and she gets plenty of rest her doctor feels she can recover.  

Just a reminder as we start this new year....be grateful for those you love,  and remember to give thanks for those things we often take for granted... Such as good health.  All the other good things the New Years' brings you is pure blessing.  Don't forget to give thanks for the extra blessings too!  And the best way to give thanks is to take time to mindfully enjoy all the family/friends/good things in your life.

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Reinholt1 said:

Happy New Year all!   Sorry I haven't been around much in December.  Mom became critically ill and she and I spent the last 3 weeks together in the hospital.  She just got released and came home in time to ring in the New Year.  (not that she cares that it is the New Year.)  She is still very weak and fragile.  But *if* I can convince her to eat/drink and she gets plenty of rest her doctor feels she can recover.  

Just a reminder as we start this new year....be grateful for those you love,  and remember to give thanks for those things we often take for granted... Such as good health.  All the other good things the New Years' brings you is pure blessing.  Don't forget to give thanks for the extra blessings too!  And the best way to give thanks is to take time to mindfully enjoy all the family/friends/good things in your life.

Hopefully your mom listens to you and eats, drinks and rests.

I always thought I was grateful for my loved ones, that I never took them for granted, until my dad got sick a couple weeks ago. He hasn't been feeling well so he took 2 home covid tests about a week apart and they both came back negative. He called me the Saturday morning before Christmas and asked if I could come over and sit with him for a while. That's when I knew something was wrong because he never asks for anything, he's always the one who is there for you or doing something for anyone. Being a Saturday there were no doctors in so he asked if I could take him to the local emergency room (we don't have an urgent care near us). They did a covid test, flu test, x-rays and other tests and everything came back negative. They said it was probably just a virus but since he had prior heart issues they suggested he go to the main hospital. This was 2 days before Christmas but he went (he lives alone). They said everything looks good but ordered an echocardiogram and released him the next day with a heart monitor he has to wear for a month. Lots of confusion with the echo and still waiting to hear back, but for the most part he's feeling better and we had a great family Christmas. Like your mom, he also has to drink more water.

• Like 1
  • Love 1