GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

My holiday shopping is done.

Hanukkah gifts for 5 people.

Stocking stuffers for 3 people, 2 the same as the Hanukkah gifts 

Birthday present for 1 person (actually 2, but the second birthday isn’t until March)

Christmas gifts for 8 people, 5 the same as Hanukkah gifts

Happy December!!

I managed to get Covid over Thanksgiving, but didn't realize I was positive until Saturday night.  It's been kicking my butt, but I think I've finally found a combination of things that might help me knock some of the symptoms down a notch.  Miraculously, none of my family members seem to have caught it from me.  This is by far the nastiest virus I have ever dealt with. 

Most of my shopping is done, but I'm still waiting on two people to tell me what they want for Christmas. grrrrrrrrr

• Sad 3

11 hours ago, lucyismycat said:

Happy December!!

I managed to get Covid over Thanksgiving, but didn't realize I was positive until Saturday night.  It's been kicking my butt, but I think I've finally found a combination of things that might help me knock some of the symptoms down a notch.  Miraculously, none of my family members seem to have caught it from me.  This is by far the nastiest virus I have ever dealt with. 

Most of my shopping is done, but I'm still waiting on two people to tell me what they want for Christmas. grrrrrrrrr

20231202060002x250x250.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lucyismycat said:

https://pin.it/4vKpY99

15 hours ago, lucyismycat said:

Happy December!!

Same here, hopefully your version isn't awful. Sister in Law spread it to everyone and I was the last to truly feel it, didn't really succumb till Monday night. I DID learn today that the post office started the free tests again in September I think (ordered eight ) AND they'd extended expiration dates for older tests (not sure how that works) so most of ours are still good. I guess it pays not to keep up with exp dates or we'd have trashed them all 

It's my third go around and possibly my least favorite, I learned about Covid tongue yesterday after originally blaming the pain on stress/ auto immune issues. Fun times not being able to exist, eat or drink without feeling like portions of my tongue are on fire. Pharmacist bff said Covid attacks nerves and B Complex should help, we'll see. I feel like yesterday's may have dulled/ lessened the pain/ annoyance some but I could also just be tired of it and ignoring it. 

Otherwise my nasal rinse bottle keep me breathing/ semi comfortable until someone dumps my pot of water and forces me to boil more and have to wait for it to cool. A friend did suggest Simply Saline as an over the counter quick solution so I've got some on order too

• Sad 3

Happy December!  Had some heavy duty oral surgery Thursday so I’ve been down for the count all weekend, existing on jello, pudding and mashed potatoes.  Through the haze of Rx pain meds I think I have  finished shopping for gifts thanks to Amazon. Now to wait on it all to arrive and go through it…….said haze may have caused some interesting choices to be made.  LOL.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HanShotFirst said:

Happy December!  Had some heavy duty oral surgery Thursday so I’ve been down for the count all weekend, existing on jello, pudding and mashed potatoes.  Through the haze of Rx pain meds I think I have  finished shopping for gifts thanks to Amazon. Now to wait on it all to arrive and go through it…….said haze may have caused some interesting choices to be made.  LOL.  

I don't know whether to sad react or laugh react. 

Seriously, praying you feel better soon. Be sure and let us know if you get some interesting packages from Amazon! 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 7:55 AM, len_mullen said:

Yesterday was my first day out since before Black Friday.  Needed to do a UPS drop at Staples.  Still looked like BF in the store.  Girl that helped me said BF was nothing special.  Walked through Home Depot on my way to Walmart.  Piles of BF merch crowded the front aisle.  Walmart didn't look picked over either, but I didn't notice if the piles were from the BF ad.  Last stop was Verizon where I got iPhone 15s for $200.  That felt like BF...at Walmart.

I wasn't quite ready for a phone, but I had been hearing the 'turn in any in any condition for a free 15' so I stopped in to see the fine print.  They charged me $1/month 36 months plus $40 activation fee for a new 128GB iPhone 15 for a new line and upgraded the two existing iPhone 13s for $75 each in fees.

Last night we returned to the Verizon store to close the deal on my new phone.  They let my two kids trade in their iPhone 13s for 15s for $0 each.  I had to pay off the balance of the 13s to do this and there were fees amounting to $120 for the pair, but I did get three iPhone 15s for ~$200 with no commitment.  So, three new phones and lower monthly bill -- despite adding a third line/phone.  Thank you, Mr. Cook.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 11:43 AM, tinkrbel said:

Same here, hopefully your version isn't awful. Sister in Law spread it to everyone and I was the last to truly feel it, didn't really succumb till Monday night. I DID learn today that the post office started the free tests again in September I think (ordered eight ) AND they'd extended expiration dates for older tests (not sure how that works) so most of ours are still good. I guess it pays not to keep up with exp dates or we'd have trashed them all 

It's my third go around and possibly my least favorite, I learned about Covid tongue yesterday after originally blaming the pain on stress/ auto immune issues. Fun times not being able to exist, eat or drink without feeling like portions of my tongue are on fire. Pharmacist bff said Covid attacks nerves and B Complex should help, we'll see. I feel like yesterday's may have dulled/ lessened the pain/ annoyance some but I could also just be tired of it and ignoring it. 

Otherwise my nasal rinse bottle keep me breathing/ semi comfortable until someone dumps my pot of water and forces me to boil more and have to wait for it to cool. A friend did suggest Simply Saline as an over the counter quick solution so I've got some on order too

20231203122722x195x250.jpg

• Like 1

Yay December! 

This weekend I went to a friend's house and we made Christmas cookies and candy.  No way it's going to make it to Christmas!!

My buckeyes recipe makes between 14-19 dozen, depending on the size.  We made 15 dozen.  It sure goes faster with 2 people doing them!

• Like 2