GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

I can't believe how fast the year has gone! My shopping is almost done. Hubby and I went shopping yesterday and got our grandcats a couple toys. When we got home we just put the bag they were in on the table while we put other stuff away. We were sitting in the living room and our stinker of a cat comes walking in with one of the toys for the grandcats in his mouth. 🙄 Guess it's back to the store to get one for him too.

• Haha 2

On 12/4/2023 at 2:01 PM, ilikefree said:

I can't believe how fast the year has gone! My shopping is almost done. Hubby and I went shopping yesterday and got our grandcats a couple toys. When we got home we just put the bag they were in on the table while we put other stuff away. We were sitting in the living room and our stinker of a cat comes walking in with one of the toys for the grandcats in his mouth. 🙄 Guess it's back to the store to get one for him too.

Lol!   What toy did you get that has got all those cats excited?

7 hours ago, ilikefree said:

It was something with a lot of feathers on it. 😆

Oh my! I had a cat like that once. Born blind. Loved those flutter balls. Every time he'd get one, he'd walk around with it in his mouth for hours -  making those noises a cat makes when they catch a bird. And then he would climb under the easy chair and pluck it.  Feathers everywhere!   Dumb cat!  LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After dealing with a bit of stress with a redemption site, I finally got a gift card to work last night, and ordered some Christmas gifts.  Had to clear my computers cookies, and almost forgot about checking in on here for the month of December.  I'm just glad the one BF item I wanted was still on sale and didn't have to spend much on it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, freesia39 said:

Allright, it's holiday baking time. 

Quite literally was just taking inventory of my supplies this morning to figure out what I need to get this week. I can get started with some things already with what I currently have but definitely need to fill in a few gaps in order to finish everything. Got homemade baked gifts that need to get made and shipped! 🙂 

I can’t believe it’s almost the middle of December already.   It doesn’t seem like it’s already been almost three weeks since the worst Black Friday shopping I think I’ve ever experienced!!   It just really didn’t feel like Black Friday at all.  I went in Kohl’s first and was in there for about 15 minutes, grabbed the pan set I was after and went to check out and didn’t even have to wait in a line AT ALL!!  That was a first for Black Friday at Kohl’s. No line at Walmart or Target either.  Yeah, sounds weird to gripe because there were no lines to wait in, but that’s how I judge how good the deals are that day!!  LOL!!  The only things I bought that day were the men’s Wrangler jeans at Walmart for a gift for my dad, the pan set at Kohl’s because they were needed to replace a set of 20 year old pans on their last breath and a lightning cable that I needed.  THAT WAS ALL!!!  The saddest shopping day ever😭

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kanyon71 said:

Crazy that Christmas Day is one week from today. 

And apparently we're going out for Chinese for dinner that day? Maybe one of these days Dad will actually let me cook for him...? Ah well... At least the weather forecast for Christmas looks like making the drive to said restaurant won't be overly difficult. (Basically equates to meeting halfway between our homes)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, wittenlover said:

And apparently we're going out for Chinese for dinner that day? Maybe one of these days Dad will actually let me cook for him...? Ah well... At least the weather forecast for Christmas looks like making the drive to said restaurant won't be overly difficult. (Basically equates to meeting halfway between our homes)

Any chance you could make something that travels well for him and have him take it home after the meal at the restaurant?

• Like 1