GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

2 hours ago, Gator Pam said:

Any chance you could make something that travels well for him and have him take it home after the meal at the restaurant?

Maybe... But the idea (I hoped) was once I was in my own house, he would finally come over and let me cook a holiday dinner for us, especially since there are no longer stairs involved that could prevent him from coming in and out easily. Just a daughter's wishful thinking, I guess... 

• Sad 1

An early Merry Christmas! I am in the northeast, and we have had a ton of rain since last night. My daughter, the luge athlete, is currently at a training camp in Lake Placid, and it is even worse there. I'm supposed to travel up there Wednesday evening to bring her home on Friday, and there are road closures and damage to roads as well, which will make it a bit of an ordeal to get there if unresolved before then. On the upside, it has been cold enough that she's been able to get on the track this camp, and she is sporting her new jacket for this season. My daughter is on the left, with her teammate bestie, walking through Lake Placid last night.

IMG_20231218_072353.jpg

img_2261.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, wittenlover said:

And apparently we're going out for Chinese for dinner that day? Maybe one of these days Dad will actually let me cook for him...? Ah well... At least the weather forecast for Christmas looks like making the drive to said restaurant won't be overly difficult. (Basically equates to meeting halfway between our homes)

It could be the year you’re introduced to Chinese turkey (one of my fave movies quote) 🙂