GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Wow! Luge how fun!

Yes...this site has changed a lot in 20 years!   And so has shopping!  I agree with others.....it's the friendships and posts with many of you that keep me coming back.   I still find a deal here and there.....but things are very different now a days. 

• Like 4

It’s beautiful out today with perfect weather so I tried to do some gift shopping but it got way too people-y out there for me.  LOL.  Lasting effects of the pandemic I suppose.  I was hoping the ads would inspire me because as per usual I’m clueless on what to buy my family for gifts but no such luck.  It seems it’s the same stuff over and over again so off I go to peruse Amazon gift ideas.  🙂

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, HanShotFirst said:

It’s beautiful out today with perfect weather so I tried to do some gift shopping but it got way too people-y out there for me.  LOL.  Lasting effects of the pandemic I suppose.  I was hoping the ads would inspire me because as per usual I’m clueless on what to buy my family for gifts but no such luck.  It seems it’s the same stuff over and over again so off I go to peruse Amazon gift ideas.  🙂

Is people-y a word? If not - it should be! I likes it! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/19/2023 at 10:41 AM, cllehto said:

This months long Black Friday sale is exhausting. lol

Yep, I already have ad-fatigue. Is that a thing?  lol

I also have nobody-will-tell-me-what-they-want-and-I-am-tired-of-asking-repeatedly-fatigue.  I have such a limited amount of time to get my shopping done, especially if I need to go to a store. This might be the year where people figure out that I meant business when I started asking them what they wanted for Christmas, in November.  Maybe it's the year of gift cards for everyone!  I buy gifts for fewer than 10 people, this shouldn't be so hard. 

• Like 2

On 11/4/2023 at 8:05 PM, len_mullen said:

I have lost interest to some extent.  Most of the participants I enjoyed discussing deals and tech with have dropped off.  All I ever really wanted were the cool GD t-shirts and they are getting more difficult to acquire.  Let's try to focus on deals, ads, and lines for 2024.

I know this is more difficult as BF deals and events wane, but there are still deals to be had and lines to be waited in.  I know ads are spread out and deals are disappointing, but we all need to shop for Christmas and there are always deals to be had.  

Personally, my kids have new PCs (last year) and new phones (year before) and I have no idea what to give them this year.  I am hopeful that this forum will inspire me.

Experiences.  I don't know where you live but iFly is a ton of fun and my granddaughter is getting to do it again this year.  I also bought my daughter a family pass to the zoo in their area.  just a thought

• Thanks 1

Oh gosh... iFly would be a total fail as a gift for me given my aversion to any sort of extended stay in the open at any significant height. LOL I do hear lots of folks enjoy that, though. 

That said, yes... Experiences. Those things make lasting memories. Example: Just took a young grad student friend of mine to her very first ever live concert. My best friend's dad bought us 4 tickets to a show we were super excited about as a gift for my birthday and told us each to bring another friend. Long story short, as I tried to decide who to ask to join me, this poor little grad student has been working her tail off this semester and suddenly I knew she should be the one to come with me (as long as her schedule would allow). I didn't know she'd never been to a concert until the day of the show. She had a great time and my bestie and I made sure she had some merch to commemorate her first concert trip. Lifetime memories made there. That's the good stuff. 🙂 

• Like 1