GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

February,  that means winter is going to be coming to a end soon =( but at least we get 6 more weeks of winter, just one good snowfall is all I want for where i live at!

Agree!!! I just love snow. I guess that’s what happens when you grow up in the snowy NJ and PA hills. 

And we rarely missed school cuz they put chains on our school buses. That’s just wrong ;)

This year all the good snow went north and south of us. My Sis got 12” downstate. Some ppl have all the luck ;)

If there was any way I could have gotten to OC before that blizzard.....

But I will admit, we are running thru some heating oil. Lotsa sweaters though. 

Keep warm or cool, whatever u need.

Happy February!! I'm so glad January went by so fast! My daughter is a national athlete, so we just returned from ice cold Lake Placid after a week of training, followed by the Empire State Winter Games, where she placed 3rd in her age division. We are off to Park City, Utah in 2.5 weeks for Youth Nationals. I need some good deals on warmer winter outerwear, for sure!!post-90721-164428506959_thumb.jpgpost-90721-164428508529_thumb.jpg
  • Like 4

Happy February!! I'm so glad January went by so fast! My daughter is a national athlete, so we just returned from ice cold Lake Placid after a week of training, followed by the Empire State Winter Games, where she placed 3rd in her age division. We are off to Park City, Utah in 2.5 weeks for Youth Nationals. I need some good deals on warmer winter outerwear, for sure!!attachicon.gifTMK_1416.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20220205_155117_372.jpg

Thats awesome. Congrats to your daughter. :)
  • Like 1

The nice weather we've been having here in the middle of the country is nice, though I would like one good snow.  

Amazon Prime is creepily fast sometimes.  I hate how much I enjoy it.  But I did try to look at other shopping options this Christmas, with some success.  Our prime just renewed.  

• Like 1

Amazon Prime is creepily fast sometimes.

This is what my Prime Orders look like right now...

ORDER PLACED February 5, 2022 Not yet shipped
ORDER PLACED February 5, 2022 Arriving Saturday
ORDER PLACED February 4, 2022 Arriving Feb 12 - Feb 13

On the way, but it's running late

Chances are three of these orders will be damaged or not what I ordered.  They may be left at my front door, at my back door, or at my mailbox.  Monday, I had a box left at my mailbox after I went to bed.  It was pouring out.  The box was not in a plastic bag.  When I grabbed the box, it disintegrated.  I was lucky the plastic wrapper on the merchandise was not damaged otherwise, another order back to Amazon.  

It is hit or miss.  I ordered some Valentine stickers last week; I wanted them before Sunday.  I selected something that was hopefully going to arrive Saturday.  Checked the order, nope, not coming until Monday.  I cancelled the order.  Found something that would arrive Friday; an option that I had not seen the previous day when I placed the first order.  So the second order did come in 2 days.  Hope you don't need that stuff too soon Len.  

Chances are three of these orders will be damaged or not what I ordered.  They may be left at my front door, at my back door, or at my mailbox.  Monday, I had a box left at my mailbox after I went to bed.  It was pouring out.  The box was not in a plastic bag.  When I grabbed the box, it disintegrated.  I was lucky the plastic wrapper on the merchandise was not damaged otherwise, another order back to Amazon.  

Hope you don't need that stuff too soon Len.  

I don't.  I think I am simply fed up with the online retailers and the warehouse stores.  I don't like to have to pay for the privilege of buying from a merchant.  I really do not like not getting what I am promised when I pay for the privilege of buying from a merchant.  And I REALLY, REALLY don't like waiting in a chat queue to fix their screwups.

If I find myself completely bored, I will break down my spending this holiday season.  I big chunk went to Best Buy and a bigger chunk went to merchants I never heard of before researching a purchase.  Walmart, Kohls, Staples, BB&B got nothing from me.  

I could have gotten 5% off my 75" TV had I bought it with my Prime card, but Paypal gave me 7% off the same price for using their Mastercard. 

I used to get my spices, nuts, and other cooking staples from Amazon, but now I use my OSJL Crazy Cash to buy those things.  

That really stinks.  I'm so sorry.  

That really stinks.  I'm so sorry.  

Thank you, but there's no need to be sorry.  I'm simply rethinking my retail relationships and returning to my B&M roots.  

People always said about Prime, "It's great that they have movies and music, but I mostly have it for the free shipping."  For me, the free shipping isn't that good.  Time to try something else.

Ouch. I almost always get my prime orders in 2 days or less, but that's mostly due to location - the more warehouses near you, the better odds you will get things on time. If you're not getting the prime service, I'd consider cancelling unless you make several small orders that do not meet the free ship minimum.

• Like 1

I received an interesting phone call from a scheduler at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance today.

Apparently eligible patients have been entered in to a lottery to receive the Evushield antibody therapy treatment, and my name was drawn. She was calling to schedule an appointment. Problem is, until then I had never heard of the program, and told them so. I didn't turn down an appointment, but I didn't book one, either. I asked them to talk with my two care teams, and have someone talk with me about the treatment.

After we disconnected, I then did some research and learned that this is a treatment offered under an FDA EUA, that there is limited amounts, and as I stated above, appointments are only offered via a lottery.

So...

Did I throw away my chance at getting this treatment by asking them to have someone explain it to me? Is it a treatment I should pursue? Or at this point should I "sour grapes" it and say it is so experimental I'm better off missing out anyway?

• Like 2

I would expect that is a normal reaction.  You ALWAYS want to discuss treatment options with your PCP as it could conflict with whatever they are trying to do for you.  Jumping on a seemingly random treatment that has never been mentioned by my Dr. seems like a bad move under most circumstances. 

I've also never been very trusting of random phone calls as scammers can easily spoof a phone number.  It is very sad that we have so many scammers out there that prey on the most vulnerable.

Considering what I have said, the hospital should expect that ANYONE who they call will (and probably should!) react the same way you did.  I don't think you necessarily "lost" the opportunity yet.  And if it was a "schedule now or lose the chance", I would have expected it to have been more of a loss if you DID schedule.

I think you did well to question it.

• Like 3

Checking in for the month.  I haven't used Amazon Prime in probably 3-4 years, but I hardly ever order anything on there, so it wasn't worth it for me.  The most use for me would be the TV series, and aside from catching up on Sneaky Pete (I think the last time I had Prime was during season 2), I can't think of anything else I'd want to watch.

I just finished up a trial to Discovery+ and was very disappointed.  I was hoping for a few more older shows from DIY Network, and to me it was odd that they had A&E programming but not City Confidential.  Had they had it I'd likely subscribe at least once a year to catch it.  Then again I hear it might be on Prime, so maybe I should check it out again.  Most of my TV time these days is spent on Pluto.  It would be nice if Pluto added Fox Weather Channel, so I don't have to watch it on Tubi or Roku Channel.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I'll say Rams win tonight, 29-17. Super Bowls are usually blowouts (I hope I'm wrong, this year).

I hope the rams win. Their QB used to me my teams QB and he’s a good guy. Bengals should be a good team for a while. Their QB seems to be the real deal.

I received an interesting phone call from a scheduler at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance today.

Apparently eligible patients have been entered in to a lottery to receive the Evushield antibody therapy treatment, and my name was drawn. She was calling to schedule an appointment. Problem is, until then I had never heard of the program, and told them so. I didn't turn down an appointment, but I didn't book one, either. I asked them to talk with my two care teams, and have someone talk with me about the treatment.

After we disconnected, I then did some research and learned that this is a treatment offered under an FDA EUA, that there is limited amounts, and as I stated above, appointments are only offered via a lottery.

So...

Did I throw away my chance at getting this treatment by asking them to have someone explain it to me? Is it a treatment I should pursue? Or at this point should I "sour grapes" it and say it is so experimental I'm better off missing out anyway?

Heard back from both my care team and scheduler. Antibodies injections scheduled for Thursday. Supposedly no reaction is expected, but they do want me to stick around for an hour after. I wasn't told I needed to be driven by anyone else, though.
  • Like 8