GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Hooray, February! And it's 2/2/22. :)

Grandson turns 7 today, wow! I guess I'm getting old!

Happy Happy to your grandson!

I'm also looking forward to 2/22/22.

But, no full on Palindrome Day again like February 2nd, 2020 until March 03, 3030. Which I guess will be the last?

FB-IMG-1643818679186.jpg

• Like 1

Hmmm...not sure what happened to my post from yesterday. I thought maybe I didn't hit the "Post" button when I was done with it,but then I realized that some of other peoples' posts that I had "Liked" aren't showing up either. Hopefully something isn't going wrong with my computer. Anyway, I'm here for February.

Checking in from safe at home here in SE MI. Had to go into my office today in spite of the predicted snow. Cleared out of there just before 2, usually takes 25 mins to get home - not today. Roads felt like some giant spilled his supersized slushie all over them. Made it home in just under an hour. Not going back out tonight.

Counting the days till Vegas trip (3/1). So ready to be away from this weather. lol

• Like 2

Just finished using the snow blower and then the shovel. Super heavy snow today so it didn’t go as well as I wanted with the new snow blower. It did well but I had to go back over some places a few times. My last big one I didn’t have to do that. :)

Still beats shoveling everything.

Just finished using the snow blower and then the shovel. Super heavy snow today so it didn’t go as well as I wanted with the new snow blower. It did well but I had to go back over some places a few times. My last big one I didn’t have to do that. :)

Still beats shoveling everything.

Bring it back.  Try something else.

Sadly enough that’s harder than it sounds right now. Only ones in stock anywhere here are the $1000+ ones. I’m not looking to spend that much.

Note the 'return for any reason' terms and return it at the end of the return period.  Buy a new snow blower when the rest of the world is shopping for bathing suits.

• Like 2

Note the 'return for any reason' terms and return it at the end of the return period.  Buy a new snow blower when the rest of the world is shopping for bathing suits.

I may need to do that. I think if all we got here was the light powdery snow it would be great but its a crap shoot as to which type will arrive. I mean it worked, just took me far longer than it should. That and I think I'm getting too old to not have a self propelled one any longer. :sidesplit

• Like 1

Checking in from safe at home here in SE MI. Had to go into my office today in spite of the predicted snow. Cleared out of there just before 2, usually takes 25 mins to get home - not today. Roads felt like some giant spilled his supersized slushie all over them. Made it home in just under an hour. Not going back out tonight.

Counting the days till Vegas trip (3/1). So ready to be away from this weather. lol

Last night after finishing snow blowing and then having dinner, I decided I had worked off the calories so it was time to have some bumpy cake that we had bought this past weekend when we had family over. For anyone who isn't MI based Bumpy Cake is from a place here called Sanders and it's a devils food cake topped with mounds of their buttercream and then completely topped with a fudge ganache. I am not a chocolate person but this is the one thing I will always have some of.

• Like 4

For anyone who isn't MI based Bumpy Cake is from a place here called Sanders and it's a devils food cake topped with mounds of their buttercream and then completely topped with a fudge ganache. I am not a chocolate person but this is the one thing I will always have some of.

That sounds amazing! Edited by Gator Pam

The poor weather guessers got this storm correct.  Got 1.5 to 2 inches of ice overnight and this morning.  My job was determined to be open but at 7:30 this morning they had a change of heart…..I was dressed and ready, had some food packed and the car packed for emergencies and had just started the car to warm up a bit when I got the news.  SMH but I sure have enjoyed being lazy today.  

• Like 3

from Amazon Prime’s price is going up to $139 per year - The Verge

Amazon is raising the price of Prime in the US to $139 per year, up from the $119 annual fee that was instated four years ago. The price hike is meant to address higher costs Amazon is facing across the board, from shipping to labor to construction, according to analysts.

The price change will go into effect for new members on February 18th and for current members after March 25th. The price for a monthly membership to Prime is also going up to $14.99 per month from $12.99 per month.

Prime passed 200 million subscribers last year. Amazon has continued to expand the service’s offering, growing from quick shipping speeds to also include access to Prime Video, music streaming, Twitch perks, and more.

Prime lost one member this year -- me.  After years of student freebies and discounts, I am terminating Prime.  I have not found value in Prime even at $4.92 per year.  No way they retail me at $11.58/month (starting March 7).

In other news...

All of these guys are suffering from competition.  For the entertainers, Pluto, broadcast television, and other FREE streaming services are 'good enough' for many.  With every price increase and increasing fragmentation, the free options become 'more good enough'...at least for me.  

Where are you spending your entertainment money?  Where are you talking about it?  Have recent price increases changed your consumption?

FYI if you want to lock in the current $119 Prime price you can buy their "gift of Prime" gift cards. Then let your current Prime membership expire and apply one of those gift cards to get another year. You can do this for as many years as you'd like by buying multiple gift cards.

But if you are like me and grandfathered into the old Prime family plan which lets you share your membership with 4 other people/households, you don't want to do this as you'll lose your old plan if you let your current Prime membership expire.

Having that grandfathered plan means I'm pretty much locked in even with price increases. With 5 different households on the plan, the cost for each of us is much less.

Prize club down to 49 members after January.

• Like 3

I went through my list of orders for 2021, and figured $5 for every order under $25. I came up about $10 short of the new Prime price. For me, it's worth $10 a year to keep my music in Amazon Prime so I will renew this year. When they increase it again in a couple years, I might rethink it.

• Like 1

I barely get any value out of Prime anyway; I belong mostly for access to gold box deals, etc.

I went through my list of orders for 2021, and figured $5 for every order under $25. I came up about $10 short of the new Prime price. For me, it's worth $10 a year to keep my music in Amazon Prime so I will renew this year. When they increase it again in a couple years, I might rethink it.

This is my situation.  Prime Days sucked this year.  Over Christmas, I found better deals at Target and Best Buy than Amazon.  Yes, I do tend to order single items because shipping is free, but I don't need to.  I struggle to find value in Subscribe and Save.  In general, Amazon has not lived up to shipping promises and a LOT of my orders have arrived damaged.  While there is a lot of great programming included with Prime, I own my favorite shows, movies, and music.  I'm really too lazy to look for something I want anyway.  For the most part I fall asleep to the 'best available' 'by appointment' programming.  Besides my antenna, the FireTV program guide includes OTT services like Plex, Sling, Pluto, Tubi, News by Fire TV, and others.  There's always something on.  I also have a Roku attached and the Roku TV app includes a lot of free on demand and live programming.

I'm on the reduced rate for those on EBT for Prime. Has there been any mention of those rates increasing?

from %5BConfirmed%5D Price for Amazon Prime Membership Will Increase To $139 (Up From $119) - Doctor Of Credit

The EBT price goes up from $5.99/month to $6.99/month.

Let me know if you need help with FREE TV  :gdbouquet1:

• Like 1