GottaDEAL 2022 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

About 10 PM last night a neighbor randomly started shooting off fireworks.  For about 5 minutes non-stop.  At first I was worried it might have been gunshots (then realized there were too many so it had to be fireworks).  Then I got worried it was Independence Day and I missed 3 months of posting in this thread.  Luckily the show was over quick and realized it was only April.  Then I remembered I had to check in for the month.  Hope all is well with everyone.

• Like 3

Happy April! So ready for all the flowers to bloom, the hummingbirds to make their annual appearance. I’m not ready for the hot weather yet though but our weather has been so rollercoaster-y I wouldn’t be surprised to see hot weather by next week.  

Love hummingbirds! Have not put feeders out yet. 

• Like 1

This Florida girl visited LP one summer and was talked in to doing the wheeled single luge down the track. I had a slight crash at the end, as I couldn't get it to stop...

Ha, I won't do that, lol. I'm old enough to be aware of my own mortality, lol...

Gosh darn it… That Vegas trip I went on at start of March caused me to miss my monthly post, I think. Sad face!!! Anyway, happy April folks. I’m still here. Just apparently not in the club anymore for this year? (Brad could confirm if my reminders failed me.)

Hope my GD fam is well. Been crazy busy on this end and losing track of time far too often as a result. Days are running together. I’ll finish another trip around the sun and start a fresh one next Thursday. [emoji4][emoji106]

• Like 2

Gosh darn it… That Vegas trip I went on at start of March caused me to miss my monthly post, I think. Sad face!!! Anyway, happy April folks. I’m still here. Just apparently not in the club anymore for this year? (Brad could confirm if my reminders failed me.)

Hope my GD fam is well. Been crazy busy on this end and losing track of time far too often as a result. Days are running together. I’ll finish another trip around the sun and start a fresh one next Thursday. [emoji4][emoji106]

In case I don't remember next Thursday, Happy Birthday!  :bday3:

Ya I just looked at your profile and in Posts I've Made it doesn't show a post for March. :(

Today was mulch day. Usually we do 20 bags, and that wears me out. We moved this past fall, and today we put out 60 bags. I am so sore and exhausted!

Yay spring?

I need mulch too, but not that much! Lord have mercy that makes my poor back hurt just thinking about that “60” number! 

• Like 1

I need mulch too, but not that much! Lord have mercy that makes my poor back hurt just thinking about that “60” number!

So the saddest part? That was only one area that needs mulch! Luckily their big sale started yesterday, so this weekend we'll go get another 60 bags. Ugh.

But this is the weekend to get your mulch, it's $2.50 a bag at Home Depot, or $2.25 for 30 or more.

• Like 1

We need to get some also. We have some areas in the front that really need it. I wish the weather would get nice here. We moved this past winter also and I REALLY need to pressure wash the sidewalk leading to the front door, the porch, the retaining wall all around the front of the house where the plants and bushes are. I also need to trim all the bushes.

• Like 1

We need to get some also. We have some areas in the front that really need it. I wish the weather would get nice here. We moved this past winter also and I REALLY need to pressure wash the sidewalk leading to the front door, the porch, the retaining wall all around the front of the house where the plants and bushes are. I also need to trim all the bushes.

I have some pressure washing to do to our new house too. I had hoped to do it this week while on spring break, but my grandson was visiting , and we had a few days of bad weather.

• Like 2

So the saddest part? That was only one area that needs mulch! Luckily their big sale started yesterday, so this weekend we'll go get another 60 bags. Ugh.

But this is the weekend to get your mulch, it's $2.50 a bag at Home Depot, or $2.25 for 30 or more.

By me it's easier to go to a landscaping business and buy it by the truckload.  Our yard is too soggy yet, though.  We still had a dusting of snow when I woke up this morning.  I want "real" spring!

By me it's easier to go to a landscaping business and buy it by the truckload. Our yard is too soggy yet, though. We still had a dusting of snow when I woke up this morning. I want "real" spring!

We considered that, but we really don't have enough a great place to have it dumped here.

We got 60 more bags today, so I guess tomorrow we'll start spreading it.

No snow here, but it was really cold overnight, and will be again tonight. We've had to protect the plants that are already blooming from the frost. Fun times.