GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

I found something besides Black Friday that will get me up at 3:30 in the morning. I watched the royal wedding til coverage ended at 8:30. ;) Then I babysat my nephew, took him and my toddler to the park, the store, and out to eat. And then ended up with the other three nieces/nephew for an hour. Still have to Sunday School prep and clean DS room. Running on coffee. :)
  • Like 2

was not sure if i posted in may.. i think i did .. but i know i have been busy planning a project graduation party for kids so instead of searching i am just posting ... or posting again.. it has been a very busy month.. and mother nature is NOT very nice.

OK, don't know how my reminder got away from me, but glad I realized I hadn't posted yet! Trying to plan movie day for memorial day. My daughters and my granddaughter and I go see about 4 movies in one day. We have breakfast before and dinner after. We usually do it on a holiday when not that many folks go to the movies. It's a lot of fun. But it takes planning so you can schedule the movies and not overlap. Then my 26th anniversary is on June 6th. trying to make plans for that as well. 5 or 6 months to go, then we will be special t-shirt recipients. Everybody keep going, let's all make it through the months!

• Like 1

OK, don't know how my reminder got away from me, but glad I realized I hadn't posted yet! Trying to plan movie day for memorial day. My daughters and my granddaughter and I go see about 4 movies in one day. We have breakfast before and dinner after. We usually do it on a holiday when not that many folks go to the movies. It's a lot of fun. But it takes planning so you can schedule the movies and not overlap. Then my 26th anniversary is on June 6th. trying to make plans for that as well. 5 or 6 months to go, then we will be special t-shirt recipients. Everybody keep going, let's all make it through the months!

I love spending all day at the movie theater,  Only problem is that they have such comfy chairs nowadays I tend to fall asleep!!!  LOL    :)  

• Like 1

I love spending all day at the movie theater,  Only problem is that they have such comfy chairs nowadays I tend to fall asleep!!!  LOL    :)

The theater we go to here is called Emagine. All the chairs are huge comfy power reclining. SOOOOO comfortable, has ruined us for going places that don't have them now.

• Like 1

Well, the end of May is here, my son graduated high school and his party is this Saturday. I thought I started planning and cleaning early enough, but the days are just flying by and I'm hoping I can get everything done by party day! Luckily I work at our school and have my summers off so that's a good thing! :)

I like the different color shirt idea, but I don't care for orange. Pretty much any other color, LOL...well OK, not a fan of red or yellow, either...but seriously, any color other than those 3, I can make work...

Oh my word I’m so last minute with my post! May has been filled with yard work and garage sales (that’s how I get my bargain hunting fix at this time of year). The thrill of Black Friday can’t come soon enough for me [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 1

Happy June 1st!  Rabbit, rabbit!  

Last November, I replaced my washer and dryer.  This year, I am contemplating replacement of a refrigerator and stove.  Yesterday, Sears released a list of closing stores.  None of the New Hampshire stores are on the list.  Frankly, I am surprised Sears has not closed the Salem New Hampshire store.  It has reduced floor space by 50% and there are no customers or employees anywhere to be found when I pass through the store on my way to other retailers.  Of course, there is a lot of time between now and Black Friday and many more stores could be added to the list Sears claims is 'being updated as appropriate'.

On the one hand, it seems to me that this could be an opportunity to get a very good deal on appliances.  On the other, I am concerned about support of these appliances once the stores close.

Anyone considering a major purchase at Sears as the store fades?  Are you concerned about support for Sears brand products?

Edited by len_mullen

Ugh, what a sad day.  I realized today that I was sooooo busy in May that I totally forgot to post! Congrats to the rest of you who are still in it!!

P.S. can I still keep posting in here even though I messed up??? lol

Ugh, what a sad day.  I realized today that I was sooooo busy in May that I totally forgot to post! Congrats to the rest of you who are still in it!!

P.S. can I still keep posting in here even though I messed up??? lol

Post away :)

We are all here to BS with each other. :)

Last November, I replaced my washer and dryer.  This year, I am contemplating replacement of a refrigerator and stove.  Yesterday, Sears released a list of closing stores.  None of the New Hampshire stores are on the list.  Frankly, I am surprised Sears has not closed the Salem New Hampshire store.  It has reduced floor space by 50% and there are no customers or employees anywhere to be found when I pass through the store on my way to other retailers.  Of course, there is a lot of time between now and Black Friday and many more stores could be added to the list Sears claims is 'being updated as appropriate'.

On the one hand, it seems to me that this could be an opportunity to get a very good deal on appliances.  On the other, I am concerned about support of these appliances once the stores close.

Anyone considering a major purchase at Sears as the store fades?  Are you concerned about support for Sears brand products?

Funny you should mention that.  The control board on my Frigidaire refrigerator died a couple of weeks ago.  I am trying to get the main board repaired as no compatible replacement is available, but I have also been looking at new refrigerators the past couple of weeks to find one that fit's my very specific requirements.  I stopped in a Sears to look at the Kenmores and some other brands they carry (as well as other stores).  I am likewise concerned with the long term viability of service for Kenmore's if Sears goes under.  Ironically, my favorite online appliance parts source is Sears Parts Central and I wonder what would happen to them as well.  If you buy another brand from Sears, then the basic warranty would be with that brand anyway.  Note that all Kenmore appliances are actually made by other companies, so compatible parts should still be available.

• Like 1