GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

It was 90 today. Bluck. We had one week of Spring and now it's full blown Summer. And the AC in my car is out, and probably not getting fixed. It costs as much to fix it as the car is worth. Trying to tough it out if we can. But yuck. We're selling an extra vehicle and once it sells we're going to find me a better car/suv. Then the hubby gets to drive my old very fuel efficient car to work instead of his gas guzzler truck. :) Just wish the old truck would sell, no AC in the Midwest sucks. And the toddler gets too hot really easy if we're stuck in traffic, I can't roll his window down or he'd be throwing toys out the window. He'd think it was a fun game. Toddlers.

Just got told I need to have my cube packed up for a move before I leave for Charlotte next week. Nothing like short notice...  :gdcensored: Happy Monday everybody! smh lol

you going to be at the race? i wont be there for the All Star race but i will be there for the week after

Enjoying the warm (and warmish) weather and spring flowers here in New York City.

Belated Happy May Day (5/1, International Workers Day), May the Fourth (be with you) , and viva el Cinco de Mayo  :howdy: .

I am OK with the basic blue shirt, but might go for another color combo (depending on what it is). 

Brad, you could create a survey thread with some color choices for people to indicate which ones they would choose if offered, including the standard blue, then put a link in this thread.   :gdtshirt:

Edited by mcwalker

Yes! Both race weekends, actually. That's why I'm headed that way! :)

we will driver up on the 23, will be at all the races on that weekend, just didnt have the money to do both weekends.

was just trying to think on how I can get some GD gear on me and try to get it on TV lol,

• Like 1

we will driver up on the 23, will be at all the races on that weekend, just didnt have the money to do both weekends.

was just trying to think on how I can get some GD gear on me and try to get it on TV lol,

Find Michael Waltrip during his infamous "grid walk"? lol 

• Like 1

I really don't have a strong feeling one way or another on patch or color. As I have never seen, met, or heard any others( except those I have told) who would recognize the shirt or meaning of a patch. Sorry to say a bunch of non GDer's around here so it would be meaningful to only me. It gets lonely being the only one around who KNOWS what a good deal is(hehe).

• Like 1

I am for a special color. Orange or Red. That way it can stand out in a crowd. Red would work for Christmas shopping as well. Brad, you could always bring back a hat or scully cap

Red could be nice, it is Christmasy.... Brad, you may need to have an actual poll and make us vote on shirt colors. LOL.

• Like 1

I am ok with either a different color or something on sleeve.

My Daughter is finished with her school, summer has officially started.

My Son (Sailor) is on deployment somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea I think. That is where he was going 4/27 when we last saw posts from ship. Who knows

Well off to start Spring cleaning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using GottaDEAL mobile app

DD finished her master’s, DS1 started his summer job today in Mackinaw and DS2 got to stay on at his student job in the Soo until the budget runs out...its my 1st summer without any kids! Unfortunately, that means I have to travel to them if I want to see them. Boo.

Sent from my iPad using GottaDEAL

• Like 3

Looks like we lost hockeyfanamo and ogadoga last month so we're now down to 55 from the original 71 members.

So what are we thinking about t-shirts for club members?

As I mentioned last year, we're going to have a relatively simple "15 years" GD logo on the front and bring back the old "If you can read this..." slogan on the back.

We're going to do navy blue for the shirts this year with orange and white inks, but if enough of you want a special color shirt exclusively for club members, I can do that as well.

It would probably be something where we get a consensus on an alternate color but you'll each have the option of choosing if you'd rather have one of the club exclusive versions or one of the standard navy versions instead. We'd have to have enough people want the alternate color to make it happen because I don't want to annoy my printer with a special color for 3 people haha.

Another option would be to add something to the sleeve of the standard shirt (like a club "seal" for example) for club members only and keep them all navy.

So take this month to share your thoughts and maybe we'll have something decided by June so I can start getting these done with plenty of time to spare.

I like the idea of the club seal.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL