GottaDEAL 2018 Black Friday T-Shirt Club Posting Thread

Brad

Well it may be Spring but it sure feels like Summer in the midwest! Our neighbors opened their pool yesterday so now the kids are ready for ours. I guess we will try to work on opening it this weekend. Hope you all have a great May!!

Today’s expected high in South Jersey is 90 degrees [emoji1474] happy May!!

The flip side of that is when I left her house this morning, my car was covered in pollen. The school year is coming to an end and it feels like the kids just went back a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Looks like we lost hockeyfanamo and ogadoga last month so we're now down to 55 from the original 71 members.

So what are we thinking about t-shirts for club members?

As I mentioned last year, we're going to have a relatively simple "15 years" GD logo on the front and bring back the old "If you can read this..." slogan on the back.

We're going to do navy blue for the shirts this year with orange and white inks, but if enough of you want a special color shirt exclusively for club members, I can do that as well.

It would probably be something where we get a consensus on an alternate color but you'll each have the option of choosing if you'd rather have one of the club exclusive versions or one of the standard navy versions instead. We'd have to have enough people want the alternate color to make it happen because I don't want to annoy my printer with a special color for 3 people haha.

Another option would be to add something to the sleeve of the standard shirt (like a club "seal" for example) for club members only and keep them all navy.

So take this month to share your thoughts and maybe we'll have something decided by June so I can start getting these done with plenty of time to spare.

• Like 3

Looks like we lost hockeyfanamo and ogadoga last month so we're now down to 55 from the original 71 members.

So what are we thinking about t-shirts for club members?

As I mentioned last year, we're going to have a relatively simple "15 years" GD logo on the front and bring back the old "If you can read this..." slogan on the back.

We're going to do navy blue for the shirts this year with orange and white inks, but if enough of you want a special color shirt exclusively for club members, I can do that as well.

It would probably be something where we get a consensus on an alternate color but you'll each have the option of choosing if you'd rather have one of the club exclusive versions or one of the standard navy versions instead. We'd have to have enough people want the alternate color to make it happen because I don't want to annoy my printer with a special color for 3 people haha.

Another option would be to add something to the sleeve of the standard shirt (like a club "seal" for example) for club members only and keep them all navy.

So take this month to share your thoughts and maybe we'll have something decided by June so I can start getting these done with plenty of time to spare.

I think the alternate color one would be very cool. I would be all in for that. :)

I can't think of a story to tell this month, but going with the theme of meeting celebs at work, I was once upset that my coworkers didn't tell me "some rock band" stopped into the gas station connected to the Wendy's I worked at.  Turns out the rock band was Underoath, and at the time I was a huge fan of them and Christian Rock music.  I even was a news editor for a Christian Music website.  FYI, my avatar is a band logo for one of my all time favorite Christian Rock bands, The Benjamin Gate.

One other time I just missed out on a celebrity supposedly was a rumor that The Rock stopped in.  I just found it hard to believe so I wasn't too upset.  I'm not sure why he'd be anywhere near us at the time since he wasn't wrestling at the time and he was taking off in Hollywood.

As for the club member shirts, I'm okay with whatever.  I do like orange, but I was thinking more of a sky blue color, as long as the blue wouldn't interfere with any of the coloring on the shirt logos.