Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

Dollar spot still 50% here.  Fans were 30% or not marked at all here.  Summer stuff still holding at 30%---patio/toys/swim/etc.   School stuff not marked down at all yet.  Only found Coppertone sunblock marked down 30%.  Lots in kids clothes marked 30-70%.  Some unique flavor Dunkin Donuts packaged coffees 50%.  Some men's Braun electric shavers either 30 or 50%.  Some summer hard plastic tableware 30-50%.  That's all I can remember.

• Like 1

dollar spot still 50%, an item here & there in school supplies was 30% but they are resetting and starting to put out Halloween candy

not much found other than the batteries that I needed (full price) and a package of cupcake stickers from party supplies area 70%

Yeah, I was fairly disappointed with the BTS clearance so far. Not what the manager thought, either.

Cannot use coupons on clearance items?!!!!

That's what the store manager/assistant manager told me. Yesterday I bought two coppertone at 50% off but did not have my coupons with me, so I went back today to either get the price adjusted (as I have done it before) or return and buy it again. To my surprise, the person behind the CS counter that the store (High Point, NC) had the right to decline coupons to be used on clearance items. She told me it's not a corporate policy, only a store decision. It blew my mind, I hardly buy anything that is not on clearance, and without Target coupons too.

Has anyone had a similar experience?  I guess they don't want my business!!

On a separate note, yesterday they had some Legos Lord of the Rings at 70% off (these went from 30 to 70), the ones that just came out; and as always, I missed them (except for one).

Cannot use coupons on clearance items?!!!!

It is my experience Target makes stuff up as they go along. I don't mind clearance shopping there but will not ever buy anything full price there. I'll take my business elsewhere where I know the policies are clearly posted/followed etc.

It is my experience Target makes stuff up as they go along. I don't mind clearance shopping there but will not ever buy anything full price there. I'll take my business elsewhere where I know the policies are clearly posted/followed etc.

That is definitely whacky. Never had that happen, and I shop at about 12 Target stores in my area. If you have a 2nd store available to you, I'd go there. There's no reason for a store manager to have that policy. It isn't like they don't get reimbursed for the coupons. I'd also complain to corporate. Most stores have the same policies, but they are given some leeway. Around here it is Walmart that plays fast and loose with "policies." I hate the stores anyway since they are always so nasty, and I go there as infrequently as I can (though some things I can't always find elsewhere), so I hear what you are saying Tink.

Back to school dollar spot was gone this morning and they are re-setting for Halloween. BTS was still 50% off last night so I guess they skipped the 70% off altogether. :( Manager said it was sold to Salvation Army. I know they do sell stuff to them. I wonder if it will stop going 70% off or if this is just a one time thing.

I was so dissappointed to find that the black star dollar spot items were sent to salvage. I questioned one of the members of the reset/presentation team and he seemed as confused as I was and didn't know if this was gonna be the new practice. We lost the 90%...so my fingers are crossed, hoping that we are not gonna lose the 70% discount.

Edited by flpelly

I haven't been keeping up with clearance enough lately. Anyone know what is going on with BTS clearance? I'm not sure if it varries widely from store to store or not. There was some 30%, a few things at 50%, and some at full price. I'm stalking the Thermos stuff that is at 30% right now. I have no idea when to check back for 50% and checking daily isn't an option right now. :(

Yesterday they were rearranging the stationary dept and the clerk (who's been there awhile) told me Wednesday would be the next mark down. I'm checking tomorrow and if it's not lower I'm checking Thursday. I think it was Thursday last week for all the BTS in the seasonal area but not sure if the clerk was including this or not when he said Wednesday.

Yesterday they were rearranging the stationary dept and the clerk (who's been there awhile) told me Wednesday would be the next mark down. I'm checking tomorrow and if it's not lower I'm checking Thursday. I think it was Thursday last week for all the BTS in the seasonal area but not sure if the clerk was including this or not when he said Wednesday.

It looks like a lot of it will just go back into inventory. Stuff they carry anyway. Kind of like they do with bulk sometimes. Items they don't carry regularly will go down, the rest will get pulled. They are going to have to do it pretty quickly now as the Halloween stuff is coming in and they are supposed to set costumes this week/weekend. They need the space.

Lots of activity in lamps/domestics.  Saw some serving platters, plastic cups (4pack) marked down 70%.  Mostly summer looking stuff that didn't go down with the big 90%.

BTS mostly 30% with a few scattered 50%.

BBQ 50%

Remaining summer patio type items all 50% (seems to be lasting 50% much longer than any previous year)

Mens jeans marked down 50% along with a lot of champion athletic wear (if you get the register coupons, check them because last week I got $5 off $20 mens clothing, $5 off $20 champion purchase, $5 off $20 mens accessories including underwear)

I can't keep track of the clearance schedule anymore.  Very sporadic and I must be loosing interest, didn't even venture to toys today.

Lots of markdowns in stationery today. They pulled pretty much all the BTS that was regular merchandise and marked the rest down manually. Gone are the days of the whole section going.... Mens markdowns too. Got several nice tank tops for DH. Since we have another 4-6 weeks of summer weather, they'll be welcome.

Also stalking the Back to school items... live an hour away from our closest Target. We try to get backpacks at 75% off for a mission project that our church does. Last year we gave away over 500 backpacks filled with school supplies. The Target clearance really helps us supply items for this project.

Would appreciate any help and information! Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

So.Fl...Seasonal Lawn and Garden was 70% off...some beach towels, barbeque items and outdoor rugs and chairs were also included at 70% off.

Lots of activity in BTS area...everything being moved to make room for Halloween. Many items were marked to

70% but other items remained at full price, 30% or 50%...very confusing. I'll go tomorrow hoping for further markdowns.

Jackpot!!  Lawn and Garden, BTS (with the exception of backpacks) 70%.

Found Trapper Keepers for $3, 1 1/2" binders .70, boxes of glue sticks (30 count) $2, post it notes .30, gallon round up 4.xx, roundup multi use sprayer 5.xx, cooler carrier w/wheels, 5.xx.  Saw hoses, planters, folding lawn chairs, umbrellas, bbq stuff, watering cans, off bug spray, clip on bug repellent, solar path lights all 70%.

Also found 20 count Betty Crocker Scooby fruit snacks 2.48 (50% off) and loads of crayola items (sidewalk chalk packs, travel color sets w/lap desk) at 70% off too.

Some stationery/party supplies marked 70%.

Edited by txsupermom

All school supplies (except lunch boxes and backpacks) went 70% off today. They were also in stationary marking some things down like the Dry Erase crayons, the square chalk, etc.... Got some really, really good deals. They weren't done marking yet so one of the clerks was rather snotty about people "getting too close to her space". lol You want to sell it or not? :) They also did garden stuff. I wonder when the swim stuff goes-will it be tomorrow?