Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

Our Target (Hillcrest, Chesapeake Va) has a few outdoor things still on clearance but on 30% off. I am mainly wanting the cover for patio furniture. I have a set on lay a way for mom and dad for Christmas and would love to get the cover. Any ideas when they mark this kind of thing. I saw it last Saturday, and checked it again today but no change.  

Picked up some bedding today at 70% off, a 5-piece twin comforter set, and a 450 thread-count sheet/pillowcase set. Also, some fall scent diffusers at 50% off, which I'm pretty excited about.  Pumpkin Buttercream and Amber Pumpkin. Saw a Nook at 50% off and a larger color Nook also at 50% off, along with some great cameras in the electronics clearance end cap.  

Are you guys using the new Target app called Cartwheel? If not you should be. My experience with it so far is great. Also even though some of the coupons say that it excludes clearance it has always worked on it for me.

It is okay. I despise Facebook, and don't like that using this app allows facebook more info on me that they turn around and sell. I also hate the fact that you are limited to 10 items. Just make the whole thing available or don't. I've been in the store and tried to change it, but then I can't get the app to work so I can't delete 1 item to add another if I find I need to. I've only saved about $4 in the 2 months I've had it. I've certainly gotten more out of Shopkick than I've saved on Cartwheel.

I don't have a facebook anymore, so Cartwheel has been off limits to me.  However, I just went and made a fake facebook so I could use the Cartwheel app, and today will be my first time trying it out.  If it works I'll stick with it.  My fake facebook name is Targeta Love.  Haha

• Like 1

Well, I saved $2.15 with Cartwheel today, so that's something. Does it really work with clearance items?  I'm asking because there's a TV stand on Clearance that I'm stalking until it goes down a little more, and there's a 20% off TV stands thingy on the Cartwheel. Would I be able to apply it to that?  I think it says not on clearance but have you guys been using it on clearance stuff?

Well, I saved $2.15 with Cartwheel today, so that's something. Does it really work with clearance items?  I'm asking because there's a TV stand on Clearance that I'm stalking until it goes down a little more, and there's a 20% off TV stands thingy on the Cartwheel. Would I be able to apply it to that?  I think it says not on clearance but have you guys been using it on clearance stuff?

I have bought 2 different TV stands at 70% off and both times the Cartwheel 20% off was automatically applied with no problem.

All together I have saved over $100 using cartwheel and now my cartwheel has, I think 20 different spots for deals.

A few Other Items I have recently gotten for 70% off plus the cartwheel discounts:

GE Light Bulbs,

Threshold Shelves (various styles),

Fisher-Price Baby Toys (Disney train),  

Up and Up Baby Wipes,

Various Bed sheets (Target Brand and the higher quality 600 thread count maybe field crest?),

pillow cases and comforter sets,

Nicoderm,

Mens Belts (I forgot the brand)

Couch Pillows

Shoes

GE Reveal Light Bulb Deal Alert:

+ Many 70% off

+ $2.00 off Target Coupon

+ $1.00 off manufacturer Coupon

+ 25% off Cartwheel

Great Deal!

Edited by SuperDad
  • Like 1

I've saved about $90 with Cartwheel so far and I have 21 spots to add discounts.  I have also found that it does work on clearance items.  It's great, but also tempting to buy things I don't need (like most clearance items!)  :D

so how is it you have 21 spots? I have 12. there is rarely anything worth my adding, but I check. The site is so badly organized and hard to use. Not a fan, particularly, but I have continued to try it.

Are you guys using the new Target app called Cartwheel? If not you should be. My experience with it so far is great. Also even though some of the coupons say that it excludes clearance it has always worked on it for me.

Might be a dumb question but why is it linked to facebook?  Do they post what you buy on facebook for all your friends to see? 

Just found the cartwheel help center. Seems you get 10 spots off the bat and then need to unlock badges to earn more spots. There appears to be a badges pages that gives you clues on how to unlock them.

thanks Tink. I see. They want you to get other people to join and the rest are pretty much for using it. The more you save overall, the more badges open up.

Edited by lovetoshopCA

Might be a dumb question but why is it linked to facebook?  Do they post what you buy on facebook for all your friends to see? 

That's a good question. I can't figure this out. Can anyone out there who uses it and facebook (I just have an account I use for junk like this) let us know? One of the badges you need to open up has to do with looking at what your friends have bought, but I can't figure out how to do that. I can see my own history in my activity, but I don't know how it shows up on someone else's page. Any help is welcome. I know this isn't a Cartwheel page, but not much else has been going on at Target lately....

It worked!!!  I just got home with my new TV stand! It was marked 70% off and then I used my 20% off TV media stands Cartwheel and my 5% Redcard and I only paid $41 for a $180 TV stand!!!  Eeeeeeee!! Thanks for the heads up about Cartwheel! 

I know this TV stand is on clearance at other stores, too.  So if you're looking for one it's a crazy good deal.  

That's a good question. I can't figure this out. Can anyone out there who uses it and facebook (I just have an account I use for junk like this) let us know? One of the badges you need to open up has to do with looking at what your friends have bought, but I can't figure out how to do that. I can see my own history in my activity, but I don't know how it shows up on someone else's page. Any help is welcome. I know this isn't a Cartwheel page, but not much else has been going on at Target lately....

Yes, it does show up as recent activity on facebook. I have a dummy facebook account that I use for all coupons or other promotional things that require a facebook account. I have saved about $60 using cartwheel after maybe 3 months. Occasionally target will throw out crazy offers like a 50% off all Halloween costumes and accessories that came out for a day or two a few weeks back. Those don't last long before they are pulled. Most things are just 5%-10% off and are frankly too tedious to search through.

I usually just scan online forums and blogs. There are plenty of people who get jazzed to find good couponing deals and then post about them. If there is something that I can make use of, I will go out and add it to my cartwheel. What can make the cartwheel a fairly decent deal is that it can be used in addition to manufacturers coupons AND Target coupons. I never use my phone to redeem the cartwheel. I printed out the bar code ONE time and continue to just show the cashier the printed bar code. She scans it and it will always pick up whatever recent additions I've made even though I printed it months ago.

Yes, it does show up as recent activity on facebook. I have a dummy facebook account that I use for all coupons or other promotional things that require a facebook account. I have saved about $60 using cartwheel after maybe 3 months. Occasionally target will throw out crazy offers like a 50% off all Halloween costumes and accessories that came out for a day or two a few weeks back. Those don't last long before they are pulled. Most things are just 5%-10% off and are frankly too tedious to search through.

I usually just scan online forums and blogs. There are plenty of people who get jazzed to find good couponing deals and then post about them. If there is something that I can make use of, I will go out and add it to my cartwheel. What can make the cartwheel a fairly decent deal is that it can be used in addition to manufacturers coupons AND Target coupons. I never use my phone to redeem the cartwheel. I printed out the bar code ONE time and continue to just show the cashier the printed bar code. She scans it and it will always pick up whatever recent additions I've made even though I printed it months ago.

From what I can see, though, I can only see my own activity. No idea how to see someone else's, which is what you need to be able to unlock the badge.

I'm not really facebook savvy. but when i go to my actual facebook page (not the newsfeed) it shows that I "recently added clementines to my Cartwheel by Target". I guess I'm just assuming that 'friends' would be able to see that, but maybe not? I think I started with 10 spots and now have 15. I really don't know exactly  how I got the additional 5 spots added, but this facebook account has no friends on it, so it wasn't from sharing anything with anyone. Maybe it has to do with how much I save??

Re: Cartwheel - yes, the spots open up as you spend and earn badges. I have all the badges except for those over the $100 limit.

They actually post what "coupons" you use on Facebook. I was surprised to see that, but I really don't care if people know what I'm buying. They do have options to add some more delicate things anonymously.

It's just another "coupon game" to play, like Cartwheel.

Re: Cartwheel - yes, the spots open up as you spend and earn badges. I have all the badges except for those over the $100 limit.

They actually post what "coupons" you use on Facebook. I was surprised to see that, but I really don't care if people know what I'm buying. They do have options to add some more delicate things anonymously.

It's just another "coupon game" to play, like Cartwheel.

Okay, the first 2 badges involve other people, though. Any idea how those are unlocked? I can't figure them out. The others are as you save. Unfortunately, I haven't had that many great deals that I wanted to use. I got a big bump on the Furby last  week, but otherwise it is hit or miss.

Text KIDSGIFTS to 827438 to get this years toys coupons on your cell phone.

Thanks!!

Okay, the first 2 badges involve other people, though. Any idea how those are unlocked? I can't figure them out. The others are as you save. Unfortunately, I haven't had that many great deals that I wanted to use. I got a big bump on the Furby last  week, but otherwise it is hit or miss.

Thanks!!

From the facebook page - To unlock the Star Collector, you must add an offer from one of the collection lists. In regards to the Social Saver badge, you add an offer from a friend's cartwheel. We hope this helps!

To learn more about the badges, check this page out and click each lock for more information: https://cartwheel-secure.target.com/milestone. The biggest tip we can give you is that the more you use Cartwheel, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more you save!