Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

They were finally marking down the stationary/arts/crafts stuff today when I stopped into the Ward Pkwy Mall store.  Got lots of art/craft kits for $2-6 including "Disgusting Science" and some Melissa & Doug stamps.  Some will be for Christmas presents and some for the birthday closet!

They had 30% off Black Dot dollar spot today, and there's a 10% off dollar spot on Cartwheel, so I got a bunch of cute wrapping paper for 63 cents each. Also, it's not clearance but a great deal on boys' pajamas, they have the sets with shirt and pants at $7 and there's a Cartwheel for 20% off kids pajamas so it was only $5.60 for the pajama set.

How to I find the barcode for my Cartwheel acct so I can print it out? I'm new at this and I don't really understand it. How do I get the dollar spot percentage off? Thanks for any help.

How can I access Cartwheel?

You can access Cartwheel from your desktop or mobile browser at Cartwheel.com, or download the apps from the App Store or Google Play.

How do I add an offer?

You can add an offer to your Cartwheel anywhere an offer card appears! Find an offer you want in your Cartwheel activity feed, on a friend's Cartwheel, or if you're looking for something specific just search or browse our categories. Every offer card you see, you just click or tap to flip. Then select the add button. It's that easy!

How do I redeem the offers I find on Cartwheel?

First, add your favorite offers to your Cartwheel. You'll know when an offer is on your Cartwheel when a red check appears in the corner of the card. When you're ready to purchase your items at a Target store, you can either print your Cartwheel barcode from your desktop at home, or just use the app on your smartphone. When checking out, present your barcode located on the My Cartwheel screen in the app or your printed barcode to the cashier just as you would any other coupon. Make sure you scan all other coupons first. The cashier will scan your Cartwheel barcode and you'll automatically receive your savings on all of the Cartwheel offers on your list!

It worked!!!  I just got home with my new TV stand! It was marked 70% off and then I used my 20% off TV media stands Cartwheel and my 5% Redcard and I only paid $41 for a $180 TV stand!!!  Eeeeeeee!! Thanks for the heads up about Cartwheel! 

I know this TV stand is on clearance at other stores, too.  So if you're looking for one it's a crazy good deal.  

so do you have to use Cartwheel coupons with a RedCard? I tried using the 5% Fisher Price Cartwheel and it didn't come off my order.

From the facebook page - To unlock the Star Collector, you must add an offer from one of the collection lists. In regards to the Social Saver badge, you add an offer from a friend's cartwheel. We hope this helps!

To learn more about the badges, check this page out and click each lock for more information: https://cartwheel-secure.target.com/milestone. The biggest tip we can give you is that the more you use Cartwheel, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more you save!

Thanks. I guess I can't do the friend thing since I don't have any friends using it. I don't use facebook for much more than this kind of junk, so I am not very savvy or very connected. I did get the Star badge, though. THanks!

so do you have to use Cartwheel coupons with a RedCard? I tried using the 5% Fisher Price Cartwheel and it didn't come off my order.

No. More likely the item you bought wasn't part of the promo. It excludes Little People and is only for "select" items, so that is probably the issue. It looks like it is primarily for the teethers and the little baby toys.

I think I have the Cartwheel figured out now thanks. I printed my coupon and it says up to 4 items for The One Spot. Is that right? Is that for the dollar spot? Can a person get more? Thanks.

I just got on today for the first time and wondered this too.  If I was reading correctly it looks like you can use it for 4 items per transaction, up to 6 transactions a day, but I haven't tried it yet.  Can anyone confirm?

Edited by boredbread

Well at least target still had the usual paper products 50% off. I was concerned they would start with 30% with everything this year. Paper products for 50% off, candy was 30% off along with the snacks in bulk, this is all the Halloween clearance of course. I did not scan them, but there were some pyrex glass bowls with orange and black tops in the Halloween section. I hope they are part of the Halloween clearance so that maybe I could snag some later. The only glitch was that a couple of my target web coupons for not scanning for the clearance items. The cashier said some of the web coupons are not good on seasonal items? Is that correct, that is the first time it's happened to me

All the Halloween candy/snacks/cereals/food 30% here in DFW.  Bummed, as I usually stock up on the bulk snacks at 50%.  Paper products 50% here too.  Yup, I hope this isn't the last year we see 50% off on Nov 1st, but it doesn't look good.  I did manage to get the disposable coffee cups, solo cups and kleenex.

First time I've ever seen more than a couple people at store opening.  There had to have been 8 or 9 women running to the clearance!!  I guess my days of leisure shopping are over.  One of the runners snagged all the paper towels and the other runners were a little vocal.  I couldn't help but giggle a little.  Why do I find that so amusing?? :gdgirlfight3ol:

I'm sooooo confused by Cartwheel. The dude at Target today said if I have an app I can use it for the clearance dollar spot. So we tried to get it downloaded but we couldn't. I logged onto my facebook cartwheel acct on my phone but that won't work. So when I got home I got onto the site via Facebook and I didn't see anything for the one spot area. Does anyone else see it? Do I not know what I'm doing (probably)?

All the Halloween candy/snacks/cereals/food 30% here in DFW.  Bummed, as I usually stock up on the bulk snacks at 50%.  Paper products 50% here too.  Yup, I hope this isn't the last year we see 50% off on Nov 1st, but it doesn't look good.  I did manage to get the disposable coffee cups, solo cups and kleenex.

First time I've ever seen more than a couple people at store opening.  There had to have been 8 or 9 women running to the clearance!!  I guess my days of leisure shopping are over.  One of the runners snagged all the paper towels and the other runners were a little vocal.  I couldn't help but giggle a little.  Why do I find that so amusing?? :gdgirlfight3ol:

Why doesn't it look good for future 50% off paper goods? Did you hear something?

We always have people there when the store opens. They HUSTLE back for the paper products. I forgot about that until I watched them grabbing so I got 6 or 8 too. I mainly wanted lights which I got. I also hit the dollar spot area-signs say 30% off but it's 50% off. :)

I'm sooooo confused by Cartwheel. The dude at Target today said if I have an app I can use it for the clearance dollar spot. So we tried to get it downloaded but we couldn't. I logged onto my facebook cartwheel acct on my phone but that won't work. So when I got home I got onto the site via Facebook and I didn't see anything for the one spot area. Does anyone else see it? Do I not know what I'm doing (probably)?

I'm pretty sure that coupon for the  $ spot expired yesterday.

Same here...like 10 ppl waiting for the store to open (the manager sent the security guard back when he saw the crowd heading to the seasonal area). Two ladies cleared out the paper towels, napkins, and paper plates in a few minutes. I don't get it! It is not even that good of a deal at 50% off! I bought a couple of napkins and Glad bags b/c I know they will be gone at 70% but the prices are definitely not "stock up" prices at 50%.

Anyway...got a few stocking stuffer toys (Lego packs, cabbage patch tiny dolls), a Barbie, and some snacks. Fyi...the Halloween Goldfish huge boxes were 30% but they did not prompt the $5 gift card like the non-clearance boxes.

The dollar spot Cartwheel expired, that's why you couldn't use it.

I was amazed at how picked over the Halloween section already was when I got up there at 12:45 today! But I managed to get some great stuff.  I always try to get as much as I can for next year's Halloween party, so I concentrate on decorations, tableware, and prizes. Then when it finally hits 90% at either Target or Kmart I get pumpkin carving supplies. 

So today I got 2 boxes of lights at $1.75 each, 5 packs of paper party plates (pumpkins) $1.25 each, a ton of glow things for 50 cents, stretchy spiders and crayon rings for 50 cents, 2 Lego Star Wars things at $1.99 each, hand towels for the bathrooms 1.99 each, wall art bats (these are going to look so cool) $5, invitations for next year's party 8-pk for 50 cents, spooky labels for drinks 8-pk 50 cents, and some pumpkin placemats at 98 cents each.  Also grabbed some cute little 2-packs of Thanksgiving bowls for the kids at 50 cents each.  As far as snacks I got one of the boxes of Pirate Booty, a bag of candy corn pretzels, one of the big Goldfish boxes, and 2 of the Jones Soda 4-packs. Oh,and I got a Yoda pumpkin decorating push-in thing for my Star Wars obsessed 9-year-old for our pumpkin carving party next year.

Also, for the Cartwheel users, there are some Spritz party supply discounts on Cartwheel today that can be used with the clearance party supplies. I got some packs of napkins for 55 cents a pack! Also, there are so cute Melissa and Doug sets and Crayola stuff at 70% off in stationary. 

There's also a Cartwheel for 15% off Halloween totes that expires today, so if you can find any left that's a great deal! I managed to find 2 of the 56-quart size and got them for $4.66 each! Look for the orange and purple lids. 

I has consistently been only 30% on the candy and big name brand snacks for the last couple of years now. Some of the snacks were ringing up 50%, just not stuff like Goldfish. Some, like Cheez its weren't even on sale.  Fortunately, my best store didn't stock the cups yesterday, and I had the DPCI. I was able to get them pulled from the back and didn't have to fight for them. Saw an unusual amount of napkins on the shelves at stores.

So weird, this is the first year I can remember when there wasn't a big group waiting. There were, maybe 4-5 of us, and all were polite. I took most of the napkins, but not all. Someone asked if I got them all when the shelves were empty,and I did point out the others who had them. She was just late....Fortunately for her, I directed her to the paper products area, and they had another shelf full. :-)

For those in SoCal, the San Dimas store had far and away the most left. Followed by West Covina (off the 10).

Also, in case anyone missed it, the Halloween Barbie & Chelsea dolls are BOGO 50% in addition to the 50% of. Also, there are a few PJs in the kids dept. I found the one pair that would fit my son, and was able to stack the Cartwheel 20% off, so they were $3.99. A lady in front of me at another store was buying several pairs of boys PJs, so I was telling her about Cartwheel. I offered to let them scan mine for her, and she saved $9. She said she'd be downloading it. :-) Happy to share if I am not using them.

Is this CARTWHEEL only for phones? or can you get it from a regular computer?? if so - how? Thanks!

You can create an account, load the deals, and then print the coupon.  It's easier if you have a smartphone because you can add deals easier and not worry about printing.

• Like 1

I bought 3 of the glass quart size pyrex with lids for $2.50 each, I bought 2 purple light for 2.25 and 2 multi lights for 1.75.  I bought a few serving tools from the 50% off dollar spot for Thanksgiving and a few Star Wars Play and Go sets for the next couple of car trips.

I doubt the solar stuff is going to last, but I will try back Monday morning and then also check out the remaining cake pans.  

I has consistently been only 30% on the candy and big name brand snacks for the last couple of years now. Some of the snacks were ringing up 50%, just not stuff like Goldfish. Some, like Cheez its weren't even on sale.

Here, the bagged candy used to go down to 30%, but the rest (boxed candy, candy in tubs, cheezits, rice crispies, fruit by the foot, monster cereal snacks, etc) would all go 50%.  Goldfish cartons have usually been excluded and put back on regular shelves.  This year, anything food related was only 30% and I did scan the items I wanted to double check.  Not too hopeful for the snacks making it to 50% since the weekend is upon us and I'm sure most will be sold.  I will be checking just in case, and I'm sure the markdown schedule will keep me guessing.

Edited by txsupermom

Not 70% here. I scanned. The weird thing is they still haven't put up the 50% off dollar spot signs yet! Our store has really slipped with their signage.

Same here, they still have the 30% signs up but it's 50. I'm running up there today for a couple of things and I'm curious to see if we've gone 70%. I might be at 2 Targets today (one sells more food than the other but the other has more clearance, so why not hit both?), and I will report back.