Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

Someone set one of the coveted packs of paper towels down in another aisle! I got a 2-pk for 89 cents! Also found some Halloween pajamas in the baby/toddler section at 70% and they're adorable. I went to two Targets and both were at 70 for costumes/decorations and 50 for food. Signs all said 30% though. Weird huh? Dollar spot 70% black dot.

There's a Cartwheel for Pillsbury cake mix that works on the clearance too, btw.

Any thoughts on when Halloween will go 90% if it was 70% already on Saturday?  I realize it probably just a guessing game at this point.  They really changed the game with this clearance!

I think it could be as early as tomorrow. They are all desperate to get Christmas set because they have a week less between Thanksgiving & Christmas this year. They were setting most everything the last few days.

• Like 1

I don't recall the dollar spot ever going 90%, even though many of the items are seasonal themed.  Only items which are specifically seasonal, even if spread throughout other departments.

I know that's not very clear, but I mean although the dollar spot carries seasonally themed merchandise, it is not classified in Target's system as seasonal items...

• Like 1

I don't recall the dollar spot ever going 90%, even though many of the items are seasonal themed. Only items which are specifically seasonal, even if spread throughout other departments.

I know that's not very clear, but I mean although the dollar spot carries seasonally themed merchandise, it is not classified in Target's system as seasonal items...

Mine would go 90% after certain holidays. That's when I would stock up for things like Christmas operation shoebox.

• Like 1

I don't recall the dollar spot ever going 90%, even though many of the items are seasonal themed.  Only items which are specifically seasonal, even if spread throughout other departments.

There have been very few times that the dollar spot has gone 90% off but it has a few times. I know it did at Easter once.

I think it could be as early as tomorrow. They are all desperate to get Christmas set because they have a week less between Thanksgiving & Christmas this year. They were setting most everything the last few days.

SInce it went to 70% off a day early I'm going tomorrow. I also think it might go tomorrow so they can get the Christmas stuff out. I'll be there at 8:00 just in case! And scan, scan scan! :)

I went to the Glenbrook store on Sunday and signs were posted at 70% and 50% (candy and food). Dollar Spot was 70%.

Today,I went to the same store and all the signs read 50%. Candy and food were still scanning at 50% but I found a few paper products (plates and napkins) and some odds and ends that rang up at 90%. Black dot Dollar Spot was gone.

There was a ton of candy and lots of bags of pretzels,etc. left.

I read that the Christmas two pack of Puffs were ringing up with the Halloween clearance.  Somebody commented on Allthingstarget's FB pages that they got them for .29!  I wonder what else might ring up that way?  Sounds like the Easter/Valentines mix up from earlier this year!

I read that the Christmas two pack of Puffs were ringing up with the Halloween clearance. Somebody commented on Allthingstarget's FB pages that they got them for .29! I wonder what else might ring up that way? Sounds like the Easter/Valentines mix up from earlier this year!

Confirmed. Am at Target now and they are ringing up 29¢!

Someone must have been at the exact same Target as I was while I was confirming the Christmas Puffs! I went to look at Halloween and came back to find the Puffs cleaned out!

Don't forget to look for these. They are ringing up as part of Halloween clearance.

post-157645-0-53039800-1383676241_thumb.jpg

Edited by Christine1227

Thanks for posting this.  I wasn't even going to go this morning and am glad I did b/c it was 90.

Some good finds were the little lego packs of witches, and little lego packs of "umbaran MHC" ringing up 90%.  Also disney princess "star wands" (all different colors/princesses) also in reg aisle 90%.

I got a pack of halloween hot wheels at 70% but forgot to look for those today in the regular aisle.  I actually found 3 packs of the bounty paper towels on 90%!!  There were none two days ago and I had pawed through the entire paper towels shelves, so that was a nice surprise.

Some people are posting about halloween pajamas... are they obviously haloween-y like orange/pumpkins, etc? I didn't see any.

Lots of costumes left here but only big kids sizes.

I also found some crayola stuff marked 70% in the stationary aisle that wasn't there 2 days ago.

If anyone sees food drop below 50% I'd appreciate a post.  There was a decent amount of food left, but not worth it for me at only 50%.

http://img0047.popscreencdn.com/129213356_disney-princess-magical-star-wand---aurora.jpg

http://toysnbricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/LEGO-Halloween-2012-Witch-Polybag-40032-.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/LEGO-Star-Wars-30243-Umbaran-MHC-Mini-Robot-Promo-Exclusive-Bag-NEW-Free-Ship-/00/s/MTQ2OFgxNjAw/z/sIAAAOxy-sRSVhlL/$T2eC16V,%21ysE9sy0iO+UBSVhlK25hQ~~60_57.JPG

Edited by boredbread
  • Like 1

<p>I read that the Christmas two pack of Puffs were ringing up with the Halloween clearance. Somebody commented on Allthingstarget's FB pages that they got them for .29! I wonder what else might ring up that way? Sounds like the Easter/Valentines mix up from earlier this year!</p>

Wow, a big thank you to those who posted the Christmas puffs tissues ringing up clearance! My store is still ringing 70% off, but I've never gotten puffs at that clearance price so thank you very much! I only took about 10 packs because maybe I can go back tomorrow and get some for 90% off if they did not reset that yet

<p>I read that the Christmas two pack of Puffs were ringing up with the Halloween clearance. Somebody commented on Allthingstarget's FB pages that they got them for .29! I wonder what else might ring up that way? Sounds like the Easter/Valentines mix up from earlier this year!</p>

Thank you for posting about the Puffs Christmas tissue clearance! My store is still at 70% off, but that was worth it to me buying it at $.89 a pack. I only took about 10 packs just in case there is still some left at 90% off and they did not reset that mistake

I scored Halloween paper towels for .29 for a two pack. I took 10, but there were probably 30 left. I also got the snowman/reindeer puffs tissues for .29/2 pack. I took 20 of those and barely made a dent on the shelf. Thank you so incredibly much to whoever posted that gem! I also got Halloween treat bags for .19 and Halloween night lights (reg $6.99) for .69.

All in all a great Target evening!!!

Edited by shaneberry21

Here's my haul from the 90% sale today!  Add this to my 70% off haul from the other day and I am all set for next Halloween! I don't have pics of the 70% off stuff and now it's all in totes in the basement.  We've got all the prizes, tablecloths, cups, plates, etc for our party.  My kids each have their costumes for next year, I've got enough wigs to make costumes for the next few years, and I got some new pumpkin lights, a light-up crow for the front porch, and some stemless wine glasses with a spider design. My mom cleaned up too! I saved $368 but SHE saved $510!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/jakesmommy403/image.jpeg

• Like 1

Some people are posting about halloween pajamas... are they obviously haloween-y like orange/pumpkins, etc? I didn't see any.

They're Carters brand and they come in a two-pack.The boys' set has black pants with orange stripes and a top that says Blame it on the Sugar and has a monster trick or treating, and the 2nd set in the pack has all monsters on the pants and top.  I saw a lot of them still hanging in our baby/toddlers section today, but I had already bought some for my little guy the other day so I passed.  I did find him a Mickey Mouse pumpkin shirt for 90 cents.  It's long sleeved and he can wear it to play in, I don't care that it has pumpkins on it.  The pajamas I got are the boys ones but they have a set for girls too, I think they had kitties on them or something like that. 

I ran back over to our Target at 5:00 and it's still 70/50. I'll be there tomorrow. But I also stopped at Walmart and it's 75% off now so I got some stuff there. Those little bags of rings, etc... for .24 for the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. I found Hello Kitty balloon thing for outside down to $14+.