Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

alot of makeup was just marked down at my local store but I was in a hurry so I only did a 1/2 way job of checking the clearance...

when i went i had plenty of time so i wrote a bunch of it down, im sure the security ppl thought i was a corporate spy or something lol

note i scribbled this on the back of a receipt so i wont swear to any of the exact prices (might be 4.28 instead of 4.26, etc)

almay...something (looks like i wrote t? kt..help me out?) was $8.54 now $4.27

revlon colorstay nailpolish sets was $4.99 now $2.48

revlon eyeglide creme eyeshadow pens was 5.99 now 2.84

revlon colorstay concealer was 8.29 now 4.14

all caboodles & bonne bell (looks like they're getting rid of em) 50% off (both make great eyeshadows!)

all max factor 30% off

lots of foundations, incl maybelline shine free, everfresh, true illusion, neutrogena clean tint & compact ones, & 1 or 2 from other brands 30% off

lots of physicians formula 50% off

sonia kashuk white train case (very cute!) was 16.99 now 4.24

sonia kashuk travel skincare set was 29.99 now 7.48

tommy & tommygirl perfume sampler sets 50% off (now ~$8 & 11)

lucky whatever, sunflowers, bod man, red door, curious, drakkar noir, orange county choppers, & a bunch of other fragrance sets cheap (at least 50% off)

1000 cotton swabs bag was 2.49 now 1.47

i scored a set w/ almay onecoat mascara & eyeliner for like $1.50!! there was also a bunch more random stuff on an endcap but i couldnt write it all down...i remember there were 2 or 3 shades of loreal color pulse for like $3 (i know lively auburn & copper something were 2 of them), & a few sally hansen nail prisms also for like $3

I go to the Duarte one off the 210 and the Pasadena ones on Colorado - the one story-one and the two-story one. I think I've been at all three in the past week and none had the makeup marked down much. Is the West Hollywood one the two story one with the parking structure you have to pay to park in?

ahh.

yeah it is, but target validates for an hour. i'm used to it - it's LA.

I went at lunch time yesterday and found myself the pink frosting that I wanted for dd's birthday cake and a mini heart springform set of 3, an outfit for dd, and hubby found some chocolate that he "just had to have"! LOL Valentine's stuff didn't impress me much this year. I'm holding out for the global oils and pasta's to be marked down. The lady that I asked yesterday said that it's rumored to be marked to 50% on sunday or monday!

I got a bunch of stationery stuff, like the Parker Vector pen for $3 and clear plastic rulers for .18 and protractors for .20 along with a few of the valentine stuffs and a couple of outfits for my daughter. They also had the CPK outfit sets with the toys for half price now, so I picked the last 2 up. I didn't think they'd be there for 75% off and I got my niece a CPK last year for her birthday and she probably needs some new clothes by now LOL

when i went i had plenty of time so i wrote a bunch of it down, im sure the security ppl thought i was a corporate spy or something lol

Ha ha, I've gotten my share of weird looks in stores. Usually I'm staring at the prices trying to figure out unit pricing that isn't listed.

Target had a Boots, British drugstore cosmetics line, clearance two weeks ago on the East Coast.

It looked like all the makeup was on sale but only about half of the bath and moisturizer products. I scored a nice little set of sample sizes of Asian formulations in a take-out food box-- perfect for saving for one of those "oops, it's your birthday tomorrow" acquaintances.

Also scored an aromatherapy oil burner for $8.

I got some awesome deals at my Target today:D

I bought a sony walkman/cd/mp3/am/fm/tv/weatherband it is

the "deluxe" one...original price was $119. they were on clearance for

$22, I bought 2 as my ADD child tends to lose things:(

I also got a polaroid 3.2 MP digital camera with the whole digital kit

marked down to $33. which was great as ours "died" the other day.

Also Gain 125 oz was $3.00 for various scents.

I also got Tao body spray for 90cents.

I also perused at my local Walmart...nothing impressive at all, lots

of junk. Target had lots of V-Day stuff all at 50% off.

MEM

Does anyone know what the schedule is for the Dollar Spot items? i.e., how often do they change it up and put the old items on clearance? I was able to get in on the 2/$1 items last week thanks to this forum, but was just curious if anyone has figured out a schedule. Seems like they completely redo it every so often. I love gottadeal but specifically this target thread!! :D

Welcome sewwise!

I wish i could answer your question about The One Spot, but I haven't figured it out myself. There is a Target employee on the AOL board I frequent who works The One Spot at his store, and while he will not tell us ahead of time when items will be clearanced, he gives us a heads up about them usually the evening they go clearance.

Many times other posters who stumbled across the items will have posted about them first, but there have been occasions where he told us and no one had posted about them.

I'll be happy to post whe he tells us about further clearance, if no one else posts about it first, whenever he tells us.

I finally ventured into target tonight and did find the VD discounted to 50%. Of course I scanned a few items to make sure it wasn't really 75, but no such luck. Actually they had an entire isle crammed full with stuff, Even a few gift sets that weren;t really too valentine themed to use any holiday or birthday of the year. I bought a few things, but as we all know, they become much more attractive at 75% and can't pass up too much at 90% I will wait again, have fun. Kristyn

I got a lot of the goody bag type stuff the day it went to 50%. DD b day is next month and it is much better to get the stuff at 50% than pay full price. I am also thinking of sending in goody bags to school just before Easter for both of the kids and if i can get the fillers discounted more then better!

I got a lot of the goody bag type stuff the day it went to 50%. DD b day is next month and it is much better to get the stuff at 50% than pay full price. I am also thinking of sending in goody bags to school just before Easter for both of the kids and if i can get the fillers discounted more then better!

My now 12 year old aspie son, Beorn, always had well attended birthday parties until we stopped having them Not because he was popular, as with his AS his social skills are what suffer, but because of the goody baskets I gave out every year.

On 90% off Easter merchandise day, I bought as many baskets as I could, and Easter grass. Throughout the year I bought small toys and games at 75% off or more, and saved them for the goody baskets.

I would say all told I never spent more than $2.00 per basket, but at retail price each was probably worth about $25. The kids loved them and the moms always asked how I did it.

I didn't realize that there is a whole thread just about Target, I just keep finding new things that I like about this site everyday! You've got it down to a science, much better than my 2 friends and I taking turns after each holiday going to Target every day waiting for them to go down to 75% off and calling eachother.

Some things that I've figured out in case they haven't been previously posted are that even though the display signs say 50% off holiday items I would still scan a couple of items to make sure that they haven't gone down and the signs haven't been changed yet because that happens, and I have asked an employee when they were going to lower the price and the prices went down 2 days before she said so it's useless to ask the employees anything. Luckily I went to the store and checked for myself instead of listening to what she said.

We do it for only holiday items, but I see that there are also tips to the clearance merchandise as well and since I saw a couple of things on clearance that I wanted I will wait for them now. I mostly buy the holiday paper plates... for my kids parties at school and save them for the next year, and I always buy my kids easter basket toys and stocking stuffers and little valentine goodies and halloween costumes... after the holiday and save them for next year.

Yesterday I got a bunch of Polly Pockets in a heart case with a clip to hang it on something (they say nothing about valentines on them and I bought all of them in my store) for $1.24 each, they were in the toy section not the valentines isle and 2 pairs of jeans for my daughter with hearts on the pockets for $2.99 each, and solid pink and red skorts for her for $1.50 that will be perfect for this summer, plus packs of valentines cards for next year for 25 and 74 cents and silk boxers for $2.49 plus other goodies for next V-day. I think that I will use the Polly Pockets as thank you gifts instead of bags of candy for my daughters birthday party this year.

Gator Pam thanks for being a perimiter peruser and sharing all of your wisdom with us!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on Valentine's items. We had a little ice storm this weekend, so I was kinda out of the loop. Scored quite a few bags of candy for the office lounge, a My Little Pony, M&M gift set, and some heart PEZ dispensers (my daughter loves these things).

Guest Deals4Me

Welcome sewwise!

I wish i could answer your question about The One Spot, but I haven't figured it out myself.

Mark on a calender...but I can tell you... 6 weeks

Guest Deals4Me

Went to Target in hopes of one of the 40 dollar cameras...no luck. Has anyone bought the 88 dollar one?

Anyone, I scored! BIG!

At least I thought so!

2 pack underwear 1.98 DPCI#022 04 7832 )(thong)

3 pack underwear 2.48 DPCI#022 05 2434 (thong, but not the flossy style ones)

and my son pj's 4.48 DPCI 075 01 4921