Pregnant on BF anyone? [Official "Black Friday & Pregnancy" Thread]

wnc_mom

I will be 28 weeks this BF :) Im nervous but excited about this year. I have a 3 yr old son who i want to make sure this is a big christmas since it will be his last as an only child. Should i skip my usual "BIG" stores? Should i not go at all? I usually go in this order : TRU,Khols,BRU,KMart.(those are my essentials lol) I will have a few ppl with me to help. I just dont want to go into preterm labor or anything lol Anyone else pregnant? or have been pregnant on BF? Thanks!!:D

I have been pg on BF twice before.... once with my dd and with my ds. Just make sure to bring a snack and possibly a drink that will be able to fit in your purse. I was 34 weeks pg with my DS and was walking into Fred's and fell, right there before the doorway, lol. so be careful. I would think most people will be courteous to a pg person.

I will be 28 weeks this BF :) Im nervous but excited about this year. I have a 3 yr old son who i want to make sure this is a big christmas since it will be his last as an only child. Should i skip my usual "BIG" stores? Should i not go at all? I usually go in this order : TRU,Khols,BRU,KMart.(those are my essentials lol) I will have a few ppl with me to help. I just dont want to go into preterm labor or anything lol Anyone else pregnant? or have been pregnant on BF? Thanks!!:D

First of all Congrats on your new addition to the family!!! I have personally never been preggers on BF. But I do remember 2 years ago waiting in line at the electronics dept. in Walmart, there was a lady behind me who was 1 week overdue...lol. Poor thing was miserable. Luckily we were very close to the front of the line, when the madness started, a group of us sort of formed a circle around her so she didn't hurt. Our electronics dept was a war zone before they put the new procedure in place last year.

I was out first thing when I was pg with ds #1 (I was about 30 weeks on BF that year), and was pg two years ago, too, but was only about 12 weeks then, so I wasn't showing yet...you'll see a LOT of pg people out that morning, trust me!!

I wouldn't worry about preterm labor unless you have a reason to - if you have been having a difficult or unsual pregnancy. Have you been BF shopping before in the city you will be shopping this year? Do you live in one of those towns where people tend to get rough? If so, you may want to sit it out. Otherwise just make sure you are taking care of youself and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I will be 28 weeks as well! It should be interesting with how my hormones are already! No one better get in my way!! :D

So i guess you are due around Feb 19th ish ? :) thats awesome! Im fairly warming up to the idea! Its not ever really "rough" its just busy esp TRU in the wee morning hours lol im usually first in the store! so we shall see how it goes! :)

I was 34ish weeks pregnant with my ydd on Black Friday. I started shopping the outlet mall @ midnight & continued through until 9am in the morning. While I did have some braxton hicks later in the day, everything was fine. Just make sure to bring some water with you & take breaks when you can.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, I'm due in mid February too! :) First one, so I plan to try and buy as much online as possible. Last year one of my big things was to go to Michael's when it opened, and honestly, the crowd was not that bad there, and we were all pretty respectful. I remember that we were digging through Cricut cartridges, and if we found a "rare" one we didn't want, we'd announce it and put it on the top of the pile so someone else could have it, and there was no pushing and shoving; though there were only about, less than 10 of us waiting for that store to open. I'm also lucky that around here I have multiple Targets and other stores, so I can plan to go to the less crowded ones, but hopefully, like I said, I'll get most of the shopping done online.

• 2 weeks later...

I was 36 weeks pregnant on BF a few years back, and the people around me in line were amazing! I went by myself, and there were people in every line that held my spot so I could run to the gas station for potty breaks! There was a sweet little old lady who dived into a pile of DVD's and threw out the ones I wanted for me...

That's the reason I love BF - for every person you see in a bad mood, you can find 10 more in a great one if you look hard enough!

I'll be 38 weeks on BF this year. I have been pregnant on BF before but never so close to my DD. My last chidl was 9 days early so I'm hoping to make it through the day. I will be almost 2 hours from my hospital but only 10-15 minutes from a local hospital :) 2 Years ago my youngest was only 2 months old and I brought her BF shopping. Although our area deffinately isn't as croweded as some areas, I won't go to walmart either. Last year I went there for the first time and checkout was over 2 hours. I go to the mall. Very nice there :)

I went BF shopping at 39 weeks several years ago. It was fine - I didn't brave TRU right at store open (went at 10 when it was EMPTY), but I did go to WalMart right at the sale start - though the WM I went to wasn't one of the "crazy" ones. Aside from the standing in lines part, everything was fine. Standing was the hardest thing for me, by a long shot. I was just careful of the stores and times I picked - didn't go to the crazy stores right at opening time. Crowded is one thing, but getting trampled is quite another.

I have done it while pregnant with both of my kids.....just be prepared. Have a couple helpers to get the "hot stuff" so you don't get pushed around. I found most people to be very polite/courteous to me both times. It wasn't bad at all. Then go out to a big breakfast afterward!

Hey, I will be 26 weeks pregnant on BF this year. I am excited bc I haven't really done up bf properly in quite a while. I am hoping to have enough funds this year to really do it right. I don't think I'd given TOO much thought to the awkwardness of bf pregnancy but I am already tired a lot and find it very hard to stand up for long periods of time (read as over 10 minutes). Sooooooo....I'm not really sure how I'll do, but I plan to go out and do it anyway. :)

• 2 weeks later...