Pregnant on BF anyone? [Official "Black Friday & Pregnancy" Thread]

wnc_mom

I still plan on going and being first in line at tru as always...ive never gotten trampled before(knock on wood) so if it was gonna happen it wouldve when the worst tru bf experince was last year (over dern zhu zhu pets) I just worry about getting to much of an adrenialine rush and going into preterm labor...i have "body guards" going with me lol just worry about getting too excited! We shall see how its goes!!!

I'm due January 23 so I will be 31 weeks. I'ts become a tradition that I go out with my mom, sister, and 2 cousins and I love it! My 2 year old daughter will hopefully be staying home with her daddy. I'm hoping to make this a very special Christmas for her because it's her last one as an only child and because she is just starting to figure out what Christmas is. Yesterday she was actually sitting in her tub of books and she found a Christmas one and starts yelling "look mommy, christmas, christmas" She is so excited! I actually took her BF shopping when she was 2 months old, she did great and that night was the first time she slept through the night. I have so many great memories of black Friday shopping and even though I complain every year about waking up that early and my husband can't understand why I do it, I look forward to it every year and I can't wait!

• 1 month later...
I am 28 weeks now, but I finished shopping last weekend. If I wasn't done, then I would not have a problem going out on BF to shop. I would just be aware of others around you, to make sure you don't get bumped too many times. (but remember our little ones are well protected in there).

I am 18 weeks but I'm not showing a whole lot so I don't know if I would go given the chance, I skipped concerts my last pregnancy because I didn't want to be trampled lol. I won't be going out this year anyway because my husband is going to be working during the good sales so I will be ordering most stuff online.

I was 33 weeks pregnant with surrogate twins a couple years ago and went BF shopping. My first stop was Menards, and anyone who's been there at opening knows it pure chaos! The worst was waiting inline for 3 hours that year at Best Buy to get a really cheap computer (guy at Menards had gotten a ticket for it and didn't want it so gave it to me), nowhere to sit except on the floor, no water nor food and super hot. Looking back not my best idea but I got some great ideas and no harm to the babies!

I have done Black Friday 30ish weeks pregnant. Two years ago,I did it three days after having my youngest (I did just hit a few stores that year since I was nursing, but one of them was Wal-Mart), so I wouldn't think twice about doing it pregnant, unless you have to travel over an hour away and are at the very end of your pregnancy or are at increased risk for preterm labor (which I was with all of mine).

Most people don't notice your belly, they are running and fighting for the deals. I have been pg for BF, just be careful and don't go with the preconceived notion that people will be kinder because you're pregnant.

i agree. if you can get the items online i'd say go for that... I'd personally be worried, but thats just me! I'm very early on in my pregnancy and I wouldn't go for any big items because of this. One of my girlfriends got punched over a tv, A TV!!, 2 years ago.... there is no material item worth the risk IMO.