Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Targets here on Long Island, NY are still 50% off also. ( I stopped at one and called a few others) The girl told me maybe tomorrow it would be 75% off but she is not sure what they are doing. They were condensing the isles and putting out TONS of plastic bins in the isle they are condensing. I am surprised how much Christmas stuff is still left int he store I went to. Of course the one thing I wanted they had none left of, but I am going to check tomorrwo to see if they are 75%.

:)

Howdy neighbor.Where on the island are you?

A little frustrated with my Target here in Florida, there are hardly any toys on clearence and when I asked the manager she said it's because they sold so many toys they have none to put on clearence, lucky me! I never even saw any dollar spot things go on sale, they were just all of a sudden changed to Valentines day, I need a new Target here.

Not sure where you are in Florida, but the Orange Park FL (near Jacksonville) Target had tons of toys for 30% to 50% off.

Looked at my Target today in CT and they were 50% off but they had 5+ aisles PACKED full of stuff. I resisted because I knew they would go to 75% off soon. I did get a christmas dinnerware set for 4 for only $2.74... that was marked 75% off early. I got a cosmetic gift bag for myself for 50% off but they had tons so if it does go to 75% off tomorrow, I will return and rebuy another on the shelves. I also wanted to get a bunch of kid bath sets since they had well over 100 of these but I figured they would still be left at 75% off.

Now... the Polly Pockets! I was excited because they were good sales! Thats all my daughter wants so if they go a bit cheaper I will stock up for her bday in April and next Christmas. The blue box toys, my son got a cop dress up set for $1.24! I like Target better than WM's sale stuff!

I was at the Target in Erie, Pa and xmas stuff all at 50 percent off. They did have an aisle of blue box toys for 50 percent also. The dollar shelves at the beginning of the store is 75 percent off but only 1 row of that left. We had about 4 aisle left of xmas stuff. Last year our store went to 75 percent off on New years day I'm hoping they do the same this year because I requested off work that day;)

So I was at another Target last night and noticed that at this particular store, a lot of their seasonal clearance items weren't all together. They were spread out throughout the store by department. At my Target, we have all of the seasonal clearance items in one section to keep things organized. Here's a mini-list of items that aren't necessarily Christmasy but are (currently) 50% off. Just in case your store is like the one I visited last night.

Christmas Morning Barbie

Makeup Sets (the ones with the black packaging)

Some fragrance sets

Cosmetic stocking stuffers (these include grooming sets, eyeshadows, cosmetic bags, confetti balls)

Red and white dog bones (these were on a sidecap at my store so check your store to see if they're still on a sidecap or on a back clearance endcap instead of being with the seasonal clearance items)

Cascade gel packs (these are in small boxes with red and green packaging)

Ziploc/Glad bags/canisters

"Professional" Hair Care sets (these include RedKen and American Crew.. there are two bottles per set and one bottle alone regularly costs more than the current clearance price)

Candles

Stationary Department gift bags/wrapping paper/stickers/etc. (Little known fact.. some of the wrapping paper and gift bags in the stationary department are on clearance. We just didn't put clearance signs up because only SOME of it is on clearance. We couldn't move all of it to the seasonal department because then that aisle would be practically empty. We won't be moving them until we reset that aisle. There are Christmasy items and there are also PLAIN items (plain green, plain red) that are also on clearance. Be sure to scan them to check if they're on clearance)

Stationary Department plates and napkins (again, scan them to check if they're on clearance)

As far as candy goes, we carry two types of some candy. Only the packaging is different on them. For example, we carry two different bags of Lindor milk chocolate truffles. Same candy. Two different DPCIs. Two different prices. Be sure to check the non-seasonal candy aisle. Some team members stock these wrong because the packaging LOOKS the same. The only difference between the bags is that the seasonal ones have small white snowflakes on the packaging. Some of the bags are more noticeable than others.

Flavored chocolate chips (there are raspberry and mint ones)

Sports sets (there are sets of kickballs and other sports items in red boxes that are 50% off)

Christmas books (check the book department.. we didn't realize the Christmas books were on clearance until we scanned them)

HTH a little.

Thanks for the help! Where in the book dept. where the Christmas books located? What were some of the titles? I looked in the Children's section and didn't see any holiday ones except for Valentine's Day. Thanks! :)

One thing to keep an eye out for. If you been in Target's Xmas aisle, you probably have seen the little gift items (little grooming set, small desktop items, etc) in the red boxes. I picked up 3 of the Meguiars holiday gift sets at 50% off and check the automotive aisle for a couple of more.

They had up on the top shelf, those little 9 can travel coolers that can keep things warm or cool in the same holiday red box. Regular price is $30. They're packaged in the same box as the stuff in the Xmas aisle but they were over in automotive.

Here's a much nicer one if you don't quite know what I'm trying to describe

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1167448874/ref=sr_1_1/601-3925126-8656152?ie=UTF8&asin=B000BQOO0U

my target was pretty much a bust... there isn't much left and it is still at 50%.... there was no holiday household products at all (gladware, glade candles...) I made out pretty good with the holiday kissables and archerfarms salsa with the online coupons, but that is about it.. then again, I am broke and don't need much! blue box toys were still 30% off.

oh. I am in Phoenix, AZ (Ahwatukee store)

Thanks for the help! Where in the book dept. where the Christmas books located? What were some of the titles? I looked in the Children's section and didn't see any holiday ones except for Valentine's Day. Thanks! :)

Make sure you scan them first, but the Christmas book I was interested in was not on clearance at my store. Nor were the Christmas movies I scanned. :( I was so dissapointed too, as I know my daughter would have loved the book and I refuse to pay full price for books period and definetly not a holiday book after the holiday is over. :tongue1:

I saw a couple of toys (Polly Pocket and a National Geographic Beetle set) on 15% clearance. Nothing major.

Oh....A lady picked up another $75 Schwinn 24" bike for $40 (was $190). I'm glad I got my 3 last week.

I know it's really old, but does anybody know if the bike deal is still going? I could really use one to get around campus... but I'm broke!

I was surprised that my Target had so much left over when I was there yesterday. The only problem was that all of the scanners were down throughout the store! The few things that I took to the register were not marked down enough for me but there were TONS that I had wanted to scan. Oh well. I'll be there bright and early on Sunday.

They were located by the children's movies at my store but your store could be different. In fact, your store is probably sold out of them since the Valentine's Day ones are already out. I can't remember the titles but there was one that had little lights that blinked and there were several $1.00 ones as well.

goofy-Target doesn't put holiday movies on clearance. They go back to the manufacturer if we don't sell all of them.

Btw, in case anyone shops around the Tampa Bay area Targets, I was told that the Target stores in my district will go to 75% on Sunday.

Hi all! I went to our local Target today in Lake Wylie SC and Christmas stuff was still 50%, but I could not beleive the deal on toys! I got the Fuzzy brand art sets for $2.3_, my little walking pony for $6.7_, rose art 150 pc art set $4.9_, doodle monster $3.9_, and alot more! 37 nice toys for $93.10!! birthday gifts all year! lol!

For anyone in the Orlando area, I just called three Targets who confirmed seasonal is still at 50% off and will not change today. The wouldn't say if it would be 75% tomorrow but I'm going to be there bright and early in hopes it is!