Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Oh I just realized...I do think they have a policy that if you buy a SEASONAL item and then return it after the season, ie, during clearance of the Christmas items, they do only give back the clearance price. This would prevent those people who buy things at the beginning of the season and use the product and then try to return it at the end of the season.

If this was happening at your store, I would assume that your store is having a problem with people doing just that and they had to do something across the board. I personally have never had an issue returning a seasonal issue because I have never tried it.

If you purchased something that was defective or was still sealed in box and it was obvious, you could perhaps plead your case. Otherwise there is always the great art of regifting. :cool:

Duh! Of course I wasn't thinking seasonal/holiday clearance. Yes they do only return the current clearance price when you return seasonal/holiday clearance.

Took the kids to Target to spend the Christmas money they had received from Grandparents. The older two had $30 each to spend. Katy, the oldest, is 11 years old. She is truly a frugal shopper like myself. Regularly priced it all would have cost: $67.97. She only paid $23.91. And for those that like to shop like myself, I walked out without buying a single thing!!!

Here is what she bought:

Fuzzy Bright Pink Slippers

She paid: $4.18 Regularly $5.99

3 Cosmetic/Travel Bag Set

She Paid $8.49 Regularly $16.99

Barbie B-Book Learning Laptop

She paid $11.24 Was $44.99

Here is a link to Amazon's Barbie B-Book Learning Laptop so you know what I am talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Barbie-B%252dBook-%252d-Pink/dp/B000EULXWA/sr=8-1/qid=1167269587/ref=sr_1_1/002-8792257-3980064?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

And here is a pic from that site also, http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/5f/e3/6c86820dd7a0d8ad711be010._AA250_.L.jpg

hmmmmm....so why is my Target so anal? They said corporate passed a new policy (well about a year ago now) and that they are following it. Does anyone know if this is a correct policy? To give the current price on a return, with or without a receipt on clearance items.

Target...ANAL ? it's worse than that. I returned one of those TV/Radio/Flashlight things that my 90 year old father got for Christmas. $30 cost, but no receipt. The clerk informed me that it was now worth $15, but being that it was over $9.99 she could not offer a gift card, and that I would have to get something from the AUTOMOTIVE department.... D'oh! WHAT ? I was told if you return shoes, ya gotta get shoes. D'oh! Considering that my 90 yr old father who does not drive nor own a car, I was in a bit of a pickle to find something in AUTOMOTIVE. Ended up trading the TV thing for three $5 AUTOMOTIVE items, then returned those individially for gift cards. D'oh ! Frankly, I got hosed at Target. Nevermore. Nevermore

Long live Wally World !!

found several good deals today at Target. our holiday stuff was pretty much wiped out but I did manage to get Pirates of the Caribbean light-up sword for 75% off. TMX Elmo Barbie was 30% off plus the other holiday barbies 50% off as well as the dress-up Barbie clothes for kids. Polly Pockets for $1.98. I was a happy camper when I left that place today! Stocked up for next year!

I went yesterday to our Target but there wasnt much left. I'm sure there will be good sales when I'm gone over the next week. I'll have to check out OC to see if there is a Target there.

Closest one to OC MD is in Salisbury Mall which isnt close at all.

Sorry

This morning, Target had the Fisher Price Spark Art easel 50% off for 29.98. Also, the spark art accessories were 30% off. Take along Thomas Fergus and Arthur were 30% off, $3.35 each. The Red Target idog was 50% off and $11.xx. 30% off some magnetix sets. I got one of the play parachutes for 50% off, $14.98. A 4 pack of hot wheels cars (one says "Season's Greetings" on it) 50% off for $1.24. The little aquadoodle sets that are normally $7.94 were 30% off $5.58. I saw Elmo and Pooh in these. There were a lot of other things like games, etc. The videonow Target exclusive Spongebob was 50% off, but I can't remember the price. I also saw the Hello Kitty phone and boombox were 50% off too. Leap Pad and Little Touch leap pad were 50% off, $14.9x. Some of the software was marked down too.

Dollar spot was 75% off, not much left. Christmas still 50%, but they still have tons of the 2 items I want. lol

Our dollar spot was still packed full of stuff. I got about 50 gift bags that are so cute for 25 cents each and got some of the holiday plates and such for teacher gifts for next year. I heard the same thing about holiday stuff going to 75% tomorrow (12/29). I'll be there bright and early too!

I was there last night, and the toys were marked 30%, but most of them were tagged/scanning at the 50% off price.

I got:

2 Christmas Morning Barbies ($4.99 ea.)

2 Barbies that come with a few outfits ($4.98 ea.)

We found the Glade Apple Cinnamon / French Vanilla / Pumpkin Pie scented candles scanning at $1.39 (reg. $2.79), so we picked up a bunch of the AC and FV ones, and a bunch of the $.50 batteries from the 1/2 off dollar spot.

Has anyone noticed if any Fisher Price toys are on sale? TIA

Mine had a FP Little People treasure chest playset for ~ $2.72 or so (came with maybe 2 LP and a treasure chest, not sure if there was anything else). The LP circus was also half off it looked like, to about $13.xx . I don't remember seeing much else of FP's on clearance.

Dollar spot was 75% off, not much left. Christmas still 50%, but they still have tons of the 2 items I want. lol

Ack!!

By the time I'm home and near a Target, and Beorn is finished with his doctor's appointment, I'll probaby miss out on those 25 cent DVD's I wanted for trick-or-treat.

I'll still stop at Target on our way home from the doctor's though, especially if seasonal goes 75% off.

Oh well, hopefully they'll put out another set with old time t.v. shows/movies that will be kid appropriate before Halloween next year.

I always forget the See Spot Save area pretty much goes on clearance and changes clearance percentages on Thursdays...

At my Target (in Indiana) I got a Leap's Phonics Railroad that was original $49.99 for $12.48!!!!!!!!! I also got the Barbie Laptop for $22.48 (was $44.99) and a Secret Stylin Doodle Bear for $6.98 (was $9.99)!!!!

They had some of the trains at mine yesterday, but we didn't need one, so we didn't check the price.

We did also get the Hide n Seek Care Bear for $14.xx (50% off), it was the last one on the shelf.

They also had a bunch of the Gross-Out Doodle Monsters on 50% off for $7.xx . Since they still had a bunch, I'm hoping they'll be able to hit 75% off, but we'll see.

Lots of toys 1/2 price today:

1. 12 Dancing Princess carriage $17.xx

2. Ariel carriage with dolphins $17.xx (less $10 coupon that came in pre Thanksgiving toy catalog)-- made it $7.xx

3. Fisher Price Sparkel Art easal $32.xx; -plus a major score on ALL the software that goes with it for 1/2 price as well.

4. Fur Real Butterscotch Pony (giant size horse) 1/2 price- $125

5. 12 Dancing Princesses Barbie dolls AND Barbie Mermaidia dolls 1/2 price-- $8.xx

6. Playskol (I think) Air Action Hockey 1/2 price - also used pre Thanksgiving toy coupon for $10 off; made it $9.xx

7. Polly Pocket Amusement Park- 1/2 price ($17.xx)- used pre Thanksgiving coupon for $10 off m-- made it $7.xx

8. 50 packs of AA (4 pack) and 9 Volt batteries (2 pack) for $12.50.

9. Those nice Schleich toy animals-- some of the horses are 75% off-- $1.24; also a gift pack of jungle animals is 1/2 price -- $9.98. These were in their main aisle and I kind of had to dig for them. There are only two kinds of horses on sale... appolossa (sp??) and a solid brown.

10. Giant John Deere Remote control tractor 1/2 price- $64.xx

Also used my Target rewards today so 10% additional off it all!! It was a good day of gift buying for my kiddos. ;) I went to 5 stores. I am tired. :tired:

Just got back from the Target in Centerville OH and they had some of the games at 75% off. Got connect 4 travel for $4.xx and they had Twister moves for the same price, a DvD kids trivia game for $6.xx and some others I don't remember. There were other games for about 50% or 30%, didn't scan any but the two I bought came up priced as marked. Didn't really check any of the other toys or items!