Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I just got back from Target and it seemed like everything was on clearance! All the Christmas stuff was at least 50% off. I didn't find any of the blue box toys (all sold probably, I saw a big empty space in the toy department). However, there were random toys with clearance tags all through the toy section and all kinds of random clearance through the rest of the store. I had to get to work, so I don't really have specifics. There was tons of stuff, but I am hoping for 75% off soon.

Back from Target--don't forget to check for the Glad storage bundle (freezer bags, gallon bags and cling wrap) now $2.49 because the bags have holiday print. Glad freezer to oven baking pans (2 9x12 and one 8x8) are $2.49--and it's so much easier to take stuff to potlucks, etc when I don't have to worry about getting the pans back. Also Clorox wipes, 3 in a package for $3 and Palmolive 3 25oz bottles for $3.

Oh, almost forgot, the silicone baking sheets (you put them in the cookie sheets, etc) are also 1/2 off. I love baking with those so I picked up two.

Back from Target--don't forget to check for the Glad storage bundle (freezer bags, gallon bags and cling wrap) now $2.49 because the bags have holiday print. Glad freezer to oven baking pans (2 9x12 and one 8x8) are $2.49--and it's so much easier to take stuff to potlucks, etc when I don't have to worry about getting the pans back. Also Clorox wipes, 3 in a package for $3 and Palmolive 3 25oz bottles for $3.

Oh, almost forgot, the silicone baking sheets (you put them in the cookie sheets, etc) are also 1/2 off. I love baking with those so I picked up two.

Thanks for the reminder! I wasn't going to go, but now I might really have to! ;) Esp since I have a Clorox wipe coupon!

Thanks, KC-Traderbear! My sister and her husband sent Beorn a Fly Pen for Hanukah (the one without the charger base), and I was hoping to find the Notebook, Algebra software, and chager on clearance somewhere.

No Costco's around here at FIL's or Gator Town, that I know of...

BTW, if you haven't read the thread about Extra Care Bucks at CVS, you need to get over there. Crissy's a great teacher on a method of bargain shopping I had never heard of before she started that thread.

Based on everything I wrote above from information on the past three years, I personally think 75% off will be Saturday, December 30th. But again, with other stores opening tomorrow with seasonal clearance already at 75% off, that could all change.

Pam you might want to check out Toys R Us they have a lot of the Fly products on clearance. Plus if you signed up for their 12 days of Christmas you should have received a special email that contained a link to get an extra 15% off any purchases today and tomorrow.

Plus you are right about Chrissys thread. It really has some awesome deals in it.

Pam you might want to check out Toys R Us they have a lot of the Fly products on clearance. Plus if you signed up for their 12 days of Christmas you should have received a special email that contained a link to get an extra 15% off any purchases today and tomorrow.

I did not sing up for the Toy R Us 12 Days, as I hardly ever shop there. Is the link for online purchases or in-store? I don't have enough on my debit card to order online, there's no local branch of my bank here for me to make a deposit, and if in-store, I don't have a printer to print out a coupon. :-(

We're 'doing Chr-stmas' tomorrow, but maybe if the Fly proucts remain on clearance after we get home, I can get some of it for Beorn's birthday.

Sorry, the coupon is for online only plus its only throught a special link. But I do think that they should be on sale at the store too. I might head out there later today for the VSmile cartridges which are BOGO. Unfortunetly they are sold out online.

Plus you are right about Chrissys thread. It really has some awesome deals in it.

Do you have the link for Toys R US 15% discount? Thanks!

I can't get to my Target until Friday....I hope they start 75% off by then.

I'm checking Dollar General today for wrapping paper, etc.

Dollar General had ZERO! Some candy, tablecoths, and gift bags. I left with a couple of pillows.:(

Family Dollar was limited on paper and bows and stuff, but I cleaned up most of what was left, only because it had been shoved behind some aisle boxes. Everyone was looking for it, I was the only one that asked.

How was Target today? I heard rumours of people going in to Kohls and macy's at 6 am today for 75% off.....

Drove by my Target, the parking lot looked like Black Friday, so I think I'll wait a few more days. Did go to Home Depot and score some Christmas Decor at 50% off though!

Our Kohls was crowded, but even on the 24th, there was nothing left in the seasonal stuff, so I didn't even bother.

Hope there are still some deals at Target when I can finally get in there! ;)

Gator Pam-There were no Fly products on clearance at my Target.

Back on topic.. Be sure to check out the little makeup stocking stuffer items in the cosmetics department. I bought a cute eyeshadow duo as well as a personal care set for 99 cents each. Also the black boxed makeup sets are 50% off. Some are on clearance for $4.99 and some are $7.49. Also, I put out a bunch of new electronics clearance items today. There were several kinds of book lights (saw one for as low as $2.98). Also, the Disney video mp3 players are on clearance as well as the clips for them. There were also cd players and clocks. Also, some of the dog collections are on clearance (the Woolrich collection which includes sweaters, moose toys, and pet beds in red/orange/green colors and the purple/blue collection (brand name is escaping me right now) with the little dresses, peacock toys, pet beds, and carrying bags). As far as toys go, I saw some National Geographic toys on clearance (we had a lot of the dinosaur excavation sets) some sort of Spongebob Video Now item, My Little Pony castle, and lego sets.

If anyone wants to know anything else, let me know because I work tomorrow morning again.

Gator Pam-There were no Fly products on clearance at my Target.

Back on topic.. Be sure to check out the little makeup stocking stuffer items in the cosmetics department. I bought a cute eyeshadow duo as well as a personal care set for 99 cents each. Also the black boxed makeup sets are 50% off. Some are on clearance for $4.99 and some are $7.49. Also, I put out a bunch of new electronics clearance items today. There were several kinds of book lights (saw one for as low as $2.98). Also, the Disney video mp3 players are on clearance as well as the clips for them. There were also cd players and clocks. Also, some of the dog collections are on clearance (the Woolrich collection which includes sweaters, moose toys, and pet beds in red/orange/green colors and the purple/blue collection (brand name is escaping me right now) with the little dresses, peacock toys, pet beds, and carrying bags). As far as toys go, I saw some National Geographic toys on clearance (we had a lot of the dinosaur excavation sets) some sort of Spongebob Video Now item, My Little Pony castle, and lego sets.

If anyone wants to know anything else, let me know because I work tomorrow morning again.

Do you happen to know how much the Disney Mix Clips were? My kids got the players for Christmas, and I'd like to get them more music for them :)

Do you happen to know how much the Disney Mix Clips were? My kids got the players for Christmas, and I'd like to get them more music for them :)

I dont know how much they were, but when I was at Target today, they were on clearance sale.

The Target I went to today was packed. People were grabbing stuff in the Christmas clearance so fast it was crazy. There were hardly any outdoor decorations left at all - I doubt any of that will make it to 75%. The aisle that sits over by the stationary that has more of the outdoorsy type of decor was also 50% off. I got two very cool urns for 50% off of $30. They don't even look like holiday decor so I think we can use them all year long.

The toys were clearanced throughout the aisles. The my little pony castle was clearanced to $30 (50%). There were other my little pony products on clearance as well as Bratz and some baby dolls. My son got the Spongebob PVD pack for his video now for $17 which was probably a 30% savings. Pretty much every toy aisle you walked down had some sort of clearance items on it.

I had quite the experience at Target this afternoon. I tried using the $1 off coupons on the shredded cheese. When I walked up to the register I had about 100.00 worth of merchandise in my cart and had 7 bags of the cheese at 1.52 each after coupon would have been .52. The cashier who was probably not a day over 16 proceeded to tell me I wasnt going to like what he had to say but he could only accept one coupon per visit. I looked at him and said you take it all the time and please don't make me argue with him in front of all these people because I would. He said I will have to call a manager. He did and she told him to honor the coupons. He was furious! He proceeded to throw my items into the bag and when the coupon would not scan he was slamming his fingers on the keypad to put them in manually. He gave me the total and when I handed him the cash he "grabbed" it out of my hand. I just looked at him and said Target needs to get a policy in place to either accept coupons each time or not...but they should have a policy in line. He said yeah so people like you don't take it out on the cashier. He then gave me back my change that he "slammed" into my hand....No thank you or anything. I said sarcasticly thanks for being so kind you little smart ass. He was shocked... It actually came out of my mouth before I thought because he made me so angry. I normally do not blow up on people like that but the last straw was slamming the money back in my hand and not even a thank you. I may have made my last trip into Target because the coupons are not worth the hassle you get trying to use them.

You should report that manager-he definitely has a higher authority. Maybe you should have opened the shredded cheese and poured it over his head and said HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I had a bad experience w/a Target employee a few months ago. I had gone in with my 4 kids and mom to do some shopping in electronics. Needless to say I was a little frazzled. Anyway, we had done our shopping and left the store. On our way home, my mom said she overheard on of the employees tell another employee to "Watch that lady with the 4 kids." It was implied in manner as if I was going to steal.

When my mom told me that, I was annoyed which turned into anger. I spend about $400 a month at Target and have had a Target card for years and I've never thought about stealing from the stores. So I called an spoke with the store manager and expressed my frustration with the employee. The manager was very kind and apologized, however, I didn't think he took me seriously.

So, I went back to the store and spoke with the manager who went to speak with the employee right then and there. The manager again apologized and explained that Target does not carry out their security in such a manner that bothers or interferes with customers.

After speaking with the store manager in person, I truly felt that my issue was understood and cared for. Target was once again in my good graces and I've never had a problem like that again.

PS - I have been back to Target many times since then and I haven't seen that employee again. My guess was that he was let go because I understood from the manager that mine was not the first complaint against him.

Do you have the link for Toys R US 15% discount? Thanks!

I just used my link they sent me and when I was checking out I noticed that they put "15OFFTRU" as the promo code. I don't know if it will work without using the email link they sent you but it's worth a shot.