Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

My Target had the dollar spot 50% off today. They were starting to put out Valentines stuff in the dollar spot. My big deal there was the 2 pack Panasonic alkaline batteries for 50cents. Found a couple things in the Christmas clearance. I do really well last year at 75% off but as many people that were out shopping today. I don't know how much will be left.

I had quite the experience at Target this afternoon. I tried using the $1 off coupons on the shredded cheese. When I walked up to the register I had about 100.00 worth of merchandise in my cart and had 7 bags of the cheese at 1.52 each after coupon would have been .52. The cashier who was probably not a day over 16 proceeded to tell me I wasnt going to like what he had to say but he could only accept one coupon per visit. I looked at him and said you take it all the time and please don't make me argue with him in front of all these people because I would. He said I will have to call a manager. He did and she told him to honor the coupons. He was furious! He proceeded to throw my items into the bag and when the coupon would not scan he was slamming his fingers on the keypad to put them in manually. He gave me the total and when I handed him the cash he "grabbed" it out of my hand. I just looked at him and said Target needs to get a policy in place to either accept coupons each time or not...but they should have a policy in line. He said yeah so people like you don't take it out on the cashier. He then gave me back my change that he "slammed" into my hand....No thank you or anything. I said sarcasticly thanks for being so kind you little smart ass. He was shocked... It actually came out of my mouth before I thought because he made me so angry. I normally do not blow up on people like that but the last straw was slamming the money back in my hand and not even a thank you. I may have made my last trip into Target because the coupons are not worth the hassle you get trying to use them.

:D :D :D Sorry you had a bad time, but I'm glad he got put in his place. I've had managers at Traget act just as rude to me as that cashier did. I agree, they should have a written policy in place for coupons. One time, they accept four, the next time only one. It's a gamble. So it's got to be a really good deal w/coupon for me to gamble on a cashier at Target anymore...:gdparanoid:

I had quite the experience at Target this afternoon. I tried using the $1 off coupons on the shredded cheese. When I walked up to the register I had about 100.00 worth of merchandise in my cart and had 7 bags of the cheese at 1.52 each after coupon would have been .52. The cashier who was probably not a day over 16 proceeded to tell me I wasnt going to like what he had to say but he could only accept one coupon per visit. I looked at him and said you take it all the time and please don't make me argue with him in front of all these people because I would. He said I will have to call a manager. He did and she told him to honor the coupons. He was furious! He proceeded to throw my items into the bag and when the coupon would not scan he was slamming his fingers on the keypad to put them in manually. He gave me the total and when I handed him the cash he "grabbed" it out of my hand. I just looked at him and said Target needs to get a policy in place to either accept coupons each time or not...but they should have a policy in line. He said yeah so people like you don't take it out on the cashier. He then gave me back my change that he "slammed" into my hand....No thank you or anything. I said sarcasticly thanks for being so kind you little smart ass. He was shocked... It actually came out of my mouth before I thought because he made me so angry. I normally do not blow up on people like that but the last straw was slamming the money back in my hand and not even a thank you. I may have made my last trip into Target because the coupons are not worth the hassle you get trying to use them.

I agree about Target and their coupon issue. I just never know if they will accept them, how much I have to argue, etc. I'm beginning to think maybe it's not worth it either, because they are so inconsistent. This is a great example....I had coupons and Targets coupons say "1 item per coupon." So I had several of the same coupon with the correct number of products and they call a manager over because the register is not accepting them for some reason and she tells me I can't use them because it's only 1 item per coupon. So I have to irritate all of the people behind me to point out in my best "try to explain to a Kindergartner voice" here is ONE box of mac n cheese and here is ONE coupon. And she still argued with me, but then got annoyed and entered in all of the coupons manually.

It's not so much the arguing with the employees that makes me want to forget it, it's the number of people behind me in line that I've annoyed that makes me want to forget it.

But then I will bring a pile and get a cashier that boom, boom, boom takes everything, so Target gets me back. :eyepoppin

You're nicer than me ;) I have had similar issues but am a firm believer that if you don't say anything they will continue to act that way.

My Target's Holiday merchandise is 50%, can I buy something today and get price adjustment when it drops to 75%?

My target is pretty strict. If you buy an item on clearance and return it later you can only get the price that it is at currently. So if I buy a Christmas item today for $10 regular price at 50% off and return it when it is 75% off they will give me only $2.50 and not the $5.00 I paid (and no it doesn't matter if I have the receipt or not). They apply this to all clearance items, so I watch what I buy now.

Went to my Target yesterday around 4pm and every single toy aisle was completely empty! WTH?! Anyone experience this? There's no way every toy sold, so why did they clear every aisle? I mean there was absolutely NADA, ZILCH! Thankfully we were there for the electronics, but my daughter did have a few dollars she wanted to spend but not one toy to choose from? What was that about?

I was just at my Target and they had the Bratz Ice Champions marked down 75% off for $4.98! I bought all 3 of them even though I already paid full price for them for my daughter's birthday last week, but we have other birthday's to go to! Also the bride and groom were marked down to $9.98, hoping those come down to $4.98 as well so I'll need to keep watching them. When do they do the mark downs that I should check back?

My Target also will refund the price I paid regardless of what the clearance price is at the time. Technically you can't get a price adjustment though. You will have to return the item and repurchase another out on the floor or wait for them to process your return and put it back out on the sales floor to get the current clearance price.

any boy or baby toys on sale?:confused:

I didnt really pay too much attention to that, since I have two girls that are 3 and 8, but I browsed thru and didnt notice too much on sale for little babies or boys. There were a couple of clearance signs dow the aisle with spider man toys and stuff like that. The blue boxes were also on clearance, again didnt pay too much attention to what! HTH

My Target had the dollar spot 50% off today. They were starting to put out Valentines stuff in the dollar spot. My big deal there was the 2 pack Panasonic alkaline batteries for 50cents. Found a couple things in the Christmas clearance. I do really well last year at 75% off but as many people that were out shopping today. I don't know how much will be left.

The Dollar Spot was completely BARE at my Target yesterday (12/26). It'll be overflowing with Valentine's stuff before you can blink!

What about returning gifts? If the gift set has gone on clearance, since I have no receipt does that mean I only get the clearance price on it?

Typically, yep! Which is why they do give gift receipts. My understanding is if you have a receipt and it is within their time frame of returns, you will then get what you paid for it or what the gifter paid for it.

I didnt really pay too much attention to that, since I have two girls that are 3 and 8, but I browsed thru and didnt notice too much on sale for little babies or boys. There were a couple of clearance signs dow the aisle with spider man toys and stuff like that. The blue boxes were also on clearance, again didnt pay too much attention to what! HTH

Thanks! Maybe I'll get out and go look tomorrow.

hmmmmm....so why is my Target so anal? They said corporate passed a new policy (well about a year ago now) and that they are following it. Does anyone know if this is a correct policy? To give the current price on a return, with or without a receipt on clearance items.

any boy or baby toys on sale?:confused:

I glanced through...they had an army play set (blue box) on clearance, and I also noticed a big Fisher Price baby toy. It was either an activity tunnel or one of the baby gyms. I only looked enough to see it was too young for my little guy. There were also some art/craft sets in the wooden toy/play kitchen aisle.

hmmmmm....so why is my Target so anal? They said corporate passed a new policy (well about a year ago now) and that they are following it. Does anyone know if this is a correct policy? To give the current price on a return, with or without a receipt on clearance items.

I would ask them for a copy of the return policy and read it thoroughly to see where it states this issue.

Here is an online link to their return policy:

http://www.target.com.au/html/refund/refund.htm

I would ask them for a copy of the return policy and read it thoroughly to see where it states this issue.

Here is an online link to their return policy:

http://www.target.com.au/html/refund/refund.htm

Usually there is a return policy posted either near the register or hanging on a big sign above Guest Service. I would check and see if it states this new return policy because I've never heard of it before. As long as you have a gift receipt or a regular receipt you should get back what you paid. If you do not have a receipt, you will get back current learance price.

Just wanted to add,We went to 2 targets on Sunday Christmas Eve and both dollar spots were 50% off then. But only one was marked,and both were pretty slim pickings. But I figured it had to be since they already had Valentines mixed in. Then I got back to Christmas stuff and it was already bursting with Valentines LOL!

D

Oh I just realized...I do think they have a policy that if you buy a SEASONAL item and then return it after the season, ie, during clearance of the Christmas items, they do only give back the clearance price. This would prevent those people who buy things at the beginning of the season and use the product and then try to return it at the end of the season.

If this was happening at your store, I would assume that your store is having a problem with people doing just that and they had to do something across the board. I personally have never had an issue returning a seasonal issue because I have never tried it.

If you purchased something that was defective or was still sealed in box and it was obvious, you could perhaps plead your case. Otherwise there is always the great art of regifting. :cool: