Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Traderbear - thanks! My only worry is that my daughter is only going to be two. She loves them in the store so I think she would be tickled even though it says 4+. I'm going to try the different Targets around the metro tomorrow to see who has what - I'm sure you are tired after hitting 5 stores - LOL - gonna have to suck it up and see what I can find :)

Traderbear - thanks! My only worry is that my daughter is only going to be two. She loves them in the store so I think she would be tickled even though it says 4+. I'm going to try the different Targets around the metro tomorrow to see who has what - I'm sure you are tired after hitting 5 stores - LOL - gonna have to suck it up and see what I can find :)

My son will be 3 in March and loves Butterscotch! we gave it to him for Christmas and it was hit! That is a great find for the price too! Our stores have had none in since Novemeber. Good Luck!

Where did all of the Christmas lights go this year??? It seems every year that there are lights around for at least a week....this year they were all gone at all 4 stores near me within hours. All of the Walmarts are out too.....

That is the same thing I was thinking. At first I thought maybe the store just sold them off to another company (overstock or such?), but perhaps which such a mild winter (at least in Ohio) a lot more people put lights up...

I don't know but I needed more lights and I wanted a couple deer and they are just GONE!

Some of our toys are still only 30% off I am really hoping they will go 75% off soon and I dont miss the sale!!! Ours had all their new dollar spot items out and they had lots of Curious George things (bought one of all of it for my 3 year old who loves him!!) had plates,bowls, spoons, bids, placemats set for boys and one for girls. They had some valentine's day craft stuff and some little princess like toys. That is all I remember right now.

Where did all of the Christmas lights go this year??? It seems every year that there are lights around for at least a week....this year they were all gone at all 4 stores near me within hours. All of the Walmarts are out too.....

Same here!!!! On the 26th I went out specifically for lights and couldn't find hardly any!!! Target was my first stop, but I also checked Walmart, Meijer and Kmart and they didn't have any either....weird

Christmas stuff was still only 50% off as were most of the toys. There were a lot of items marked 30% off in the baby section (strollers, gates, furniture and clothes). Also, the workers were marking down houseware items like spatulas and spoons 30% off. I also noticed some bakeware, cookware and knives marked down too.

May & mln51 - I was in the Butler Target on the 26th, toy sale prices were 30-50% off. Yesterday at Pine Creek (the one I usually go to), they were 75% off, and I got some great deals for my kids for next year (Polly Pockets, Barbie car + doll, Travel Lite Bright)... today, I was at the new one in Ross (hmmm, think I go to Target too much?) and their prices were 30-50%. I hate that Target does this. Freaking price it all the same!!!

have any of yins Pittsburgh people been to the Robinson store. I was thinking of heading out there today and was wondering if anyone had seen any good buys there yet.

have any of yins Pittsburgh people been to the Robinson store. I was thinking of heading out there today and was wondering if anyone had seen any good buys there yet.

I just got back from monroeville...nothing good. Christmas is still 50 off. I was thinking of maybe going to the waterfront store????? I really want the leap frog train for my nephew but it was still 24.98.

I was at Target today looking at the Christmas clearance. Still 50%, but they have TONS left. I asked the guy working in that dept when they would go to 75%, and he said he didn't know, it was up to the managers of each store. BUT he said he did hear them talking that "All this Christmas stuff will be GONE by this Saturday". I'm going back tomorrow evening to see what they mark down. I had my eye on a couple of things.

Here's the deal. It DOES depend on each store. If there's a lot left still and it doesn't seem like anyone is buying the seasonal stuff anymore, there's a better chance that it will go 75% than a store that doesn't have much left and is selling a lot of it. For example, as far as I know (I had yesterday off so I may not be 100% correct), my store had 4 aisles and the backwall left with Christmas clearance (however we probably could've condensed it into 3 aisles if we wanted to). It's moving pretty well. The Christmas part of the store has been the busiest part of the store over the last few days. So are we going to move to 75% soon? Maybe, maybe not. It depends on whether my manager wants everything gone NOW or if he wants more dough to trickle in. Makes sense. If it's selling well, why would we loss money just for the sake of getting rid of it all?

On Wednesday, we put out the value/bulk items in the aisles that had Christmas items in them (which we condensed into another aisle). Apparently, some of the value/bulk items are going on sale this Sunday so all of it has to be out by this Sunday. If other stores still have a lot of the Christmas stuff out, they HAVE to mark things down to 75% so they have room to put the value/bulk items out. And my guess is that they will go to 75% either today or tomorrow. If your store is selling a lot of Christmas items right now, they might not go to 75% until Sunday or a day or two after that.

Also, it depends on what the price change team is doing. As far as I know, the price change team at my store has a few more other markdowns to do in other departments before they can get to the Christmas stuff. Once they finish those markdowns, then they can move onto the Christmas markdowns.

I have kept track for two years the Target clearance and found that 7 days including the holiday Christmas 75% begins, that is Dec 31st, marked it on my calendar from last year. Other holidays its the 4th day including the holiday that 75% clearance had appeared. Now our store has not varied from this schedule

I went to a Super Target in Orlando, FL yesterday. All holiday merchandise was 50% off and the $1.00 section at the front of the store was 75% off. (I bought a bunch of kitchen play items for my daughter.) I asked the cashier if he knew when the 75% off holiday items sale would start and he said they were told it should start on Saturday.

We were there last night (GA), and still lots of Christmas stuff @ 50 % off. Waiting on 75%.. way over budget this year...

Nintendo DS lite.. and Acces broke the bank...

Interesting that Pj's(not holiday) and some other items I paid full price for on 12/24, still have not gone on sale. I was trying to get price-adjustments..

Thanks, for all the good info this year..

Still looking for a Cheap Roomba ... any ideas ?

I was @ my Target last night & they had tons of toys on clearance, a few things that stood out were Tickle me Elmo barbie marked down to $9.98, the interactive barbie was

$22.xx & almost all barbie stuff was 1/2 off. I was surprised to see the Tickle me Elmo barbie marked down, wasn't it hard to find not to long ago?? lol.......

I was @ my Target(hazlet,nj) today morning still lots of Christmas stuff @ 50 % off.but i got few toys @50%off.dollar spot was 75%off.i got some batteries for 25 cent each pack and kooltoyz laptop for $7.50 ori $14.99,ncf power ranger for $2.50,leap pad learning bus for$12.44 orig $24.99.

So I was at another Target last night and noticed that at this particular store, a lot of their seasonal clearance items weren't all together. They were spread out throughout the store by department. At my Target, we have all of the seasonal clearance items in one section to keep things organized. Here's a mini-list of items that aren't necessarily Christmasy but are (currently) 50% off. Just in case your store is like the one I visited last night.

Christmas Morning Barbie

Makeup Sets (the ones with the black packaging)

Some fragrance sets

Cosmetic stocking stuffers (these include grooming sets, eyeshadows, cosmetic bags, confetti balls)

Red and white dog bones (these were on a sidecap at my store so check your store to see if they're still on a sidecap or on a back clearance endcap instead of being with the seasonal clearance items)

Cascade gel packs (these are in small boxes with red and green packaging)

Ziploc/Glad bags/canisters

"Professional" Hair Care sets (these include RedKen and American Crew.. there are two bottles per set and one bottle alone regularly costs more than the current clearance price)

Candles

Stationary Department gift bags/wrapping paper/stickers/etc. (Little known fact.. some of the wrapping paper and gift bags in the stationary department are on clearance. We just didn't put clearance signs up because only SOME of it is on clearance. We couldn't move all of it to the seasonal department because then that aisle would be practically empty. We won't be moving them until we reset that aisle. There are Christmasy items and there are also PLAIN items (plain green, plain red) that are also on clearance. Be sure to scan them to check if they're on clearance)

Stationary Department plates and napkins (again, scan them to check if they're on clearance)

As far as candy goes, we carry two types of some candy. Only the packaging is different on them. For example, we carry two different bags of Lindor milk chocolate truffles. Same candy. Two different DPCIs. Two different prices. Be sure to check the non-seasonal candy aisle. Some team members stock these wrong because the packaging LOOKS the same. The only difference between the bags is that the seasonal ones have small white snowflakes on the packaging. Some of the bags are more noticeable than others.

Flavored chocolate chips (there are raspberry and mint ones)

Sports sets (there are sets of kickballs and other sports items in red boxes that are 50% off)

Christmas books (check the book department.. we didn't realize the Christmas books were on clearance until we scanned them)

HTH a little.

Which Target in Minnesota did you go to please? I went to the Mpls downtown, Lake St, St. Paul, Bloomington,and Brooklyn Center.

I'd love to know too! I can say that Midway was still 50% for sure. I was so annoyed, I called to ask if they were 75% and the lady said yes...so I went and nope...all still 50.

My Target was only 50% off yet. But I don't plan on being back there until next Friday, so I got the last Shania Stetson and Celine Dion perfume gift sets they had. Went to Sears for some sweaters that were 60% off, and found the exact same gift sets at only 20% off!!

At Target I'd also got some garland and wrapping paper (that could be used all year 'round). Fair deal.

Went to Staples and got great deals on candy and Starbuck's coffee sets and another roll of wrapping paper. (I really did run out of ALL my paper this year.)

BTW Target dollar spot only had valentine stuff out, everything else gone.

I got my find of the year yesterday. I found the superman gloves for 4.94 (you put them on and they make punching and breaking sounds....to show of your strength). Well on the package was a manufacturers coupon for $5 off....so I got it for free...needless to say all the little boys are getting these for their birthdays!! :D

A little frustrated with my Target here in Florida, there are hardly any toys on clearence and when I asked the manager she said it's because they sold so many toys they have none to put on clearence, lucky me! I never even saw any dollar spot things go on sale, they were just all of a sudden changed to Valentines day, I need a new Target here.