Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Lots of toys 1/2 price today:

1. 12 Dancing Princess carriage $17.xx

2. Ariel carriage with dolphins $17.xx (less $10 coupon that came in pre Thanksgiving toy catalog)-- made it $7.xx

3. Fisher Price Sparkel Art easal $32.xx; -plus a major score on ALL the software that goes with it for 1/2 price as well.

4. Fur Real Butterscotch Pony (giant size horse) 1/2 price- $125

5. 12 Dancing Princesses Barbie dolls AND Barbie Mermaidia dolls 1/2 price-- $8.xx

6. Playskol (I think) Air Action Hockey 1/2 price - also used pre Thanksgiving toy coupon for $10 off; made it $9.xx

7. Polly Pocket Amusement Park- 1/2 price ($17.xx)- used pre Thanksgiving coupon for $10 off m-- made it $7.xx

8. 50 packs of AA (4 pack) and 9 Volt batteries (2 pack) for $12.50.

9. Those nice Schleich toy animals-- some of the horses are 75% off-- $1.24; also a gift pack of jungle animals is 1/2 price -- $9.98. These were in their main aisle and I kind of had to dig for them. There are only two kinds of horses on sale... appolossa (sp??) and a solid brown.

10. Giant John Deere Remote control tractor 1/2 price- $64.xx

Also used my Target rewards today so 10% additional off it all!! It was a good day of gift buying for my kiddos. ;) I went to 5 stores. I am tired. :tired:

The coupons you mentioned expired on 11/24, so this is a HUGE YMMV.

I picked up the spark art for $34.98 and the little Duckys game for $7.14 and some little dog that looks like a wizzard by Leap or something like that for $9.98. I got the spark Art kits for $7.48

My soon-to-be-4-year-old niece got the wizard dog before Christmas, and loves it! I don't remember seeing them at our Target, but my sister got it for her at Boscov's, as well as some of the refills for it.

Target...ANAL ? it's worse than that. I returned one of those TV/Radio/Flashlight things that my 90 year old father got for Christmas. $30 cost, but no receipt. The clerk informed me that it was now worth $15, but being that it was over $9.99 she could not offer a gift card, and that I would have to get something from the AUTOMOTIVE department.... D'oh! WHAT ? I was told if you return shoes, ya gotta get shoes. D'oh! Considering that my 90 yr old father who does not drive nor own a car, I was in a bit of a pickle to find something in AUTOMOTIVE. Ended up trading the TV thing for three $5 AUTOMOTIVE items, then returned those individially for gift cards. D'oh ! Frankly, I got hosed at Target. Nevermore. Nevermore

Long live Wally World !!

This has been a policy at my target for at least a year now. If you return an item without a reciept, you do not get a store gift card. You must get an item of similar nature that costs at much as you are returning. If i return a 20 coat without a reciept, i cannot get two 10 pants. i'm not even sure that i could get 20 shoes. and you must do it the same day. before they went to that, if you had a return with no reciept, you could get a store credit and use it for anything in the store as long as it was spent that date.

i completely understand that with no reciept, they want to keep the money in store. but what does it really matter if i return a package of socks and get groceries instead?

If they are going to inforce that policy, i think that they should be able to do one more of the following:

Actually give out gift reciepts for every reciept (i'm sure that they are supposed to, but many of my cashiers rip it off separately and i have to ask for it.).

Provide a way for purchasers to go online and print copies of gift reciepts (say i have my reciept, but i have two gifts, then who do i give the gift reciept to?)

if i make a return, but no how i paid for it, then they can go into the system and look up my reciept. why can they not set it up so that if "bob" needed to return something i got for him, and did not have a gift reciept, then he could give them the purchasers name and they could then see how it was paid for.

If they are going to inforce that policy, i think that they should be able to do one more of the following:

Actually give out gift reciepts for every reciept (i'm sure that they are supposed to, but many of my cashiers rip it off separately and i have to ask for it.).

Provide a way for purchasers to go online and print copies of gift reciepts (say i have my reciept, but i have two gifts, then who do i give the gift reciept to?)

if i make a return, but no how i paid for it, then they can go into the system and look up my reciept. why can they not set it up so that if "bob" needed to return something i got for him, and did not have a gift reciept, then he could give them the purchasers name and they could then see how it was paid for.

I suppose they could do a lot of things but why not when you purchase something that you plan on giving for a gift or even think remotely that you may give as a gift, why not just ask for a gift receipt?

Now, I'm curious (and an internet dummy). What is YMMV? It doesn't mean I'm going to jail or anything does it? Our Targets ask no questions about using coupons. They take 'em all.

LOL..I had to look it up just to be sure I had the correct explanation...

It actually means: Your mileage may vary.

So in this instance, it refers to your results could vary whether the coupons would be accepted or not.

The Olathe South store had 2 Butterscotch ponies left after I bought mine this morning. I also saw 2 at the Ward Parkway store around 2ish. The Overland Park Super had 1, but it was only 30% off.

I googled YMMV and saw something about mileage, but I figured I didn't have the right explanation. I figured the "V" either stood for violation or victory. (I consider it a victory, but I understand some people get persnickity sales clerks too.) I am very lucky here. The only arguement I ever got into was over a mean man who was in the process of an aisle markdown on bedding and he wouldn't change the markdown on my blanket until he got down to them on the other end of the aisle. ARGGGh. Generally our Target clerks are absolutely heavenly to deal with around here. I swear some of them would pour me a cup of coffee when I get into the store if I asked them to :>)

I suppose they could do a lot of things but why not when you purchase something that you plan on giving for a gift or even think remotely that you may give as a gift, why not just ask for a gift receipt?

i do ask. But a lot of times, i get more than one person's gifts on one reciept. and i have never been given more than one gift reciept.

but not everyone gift giver gives me a gift reciept.

i just feel that if policies are different in different stores, as it seems they are by reading this thread, that they should be posted where you purchase your items, or at least at customer service. my targets all have corporate policy posted, not store policy or city policy.

The coupons you mentioned expired on 11/24, so this is a HUGE YMMV.

I think KC-Traderbear used a coupon that comes as a reward from using your Target credit card. It comes based on how much you have spent (I think it is for every $1000) so it probably had a different exp. date than what you are thinking of.

i do ask. But a lot of times, i get more than one person's gifts on one reciept. and i have never been given more than one gift reciept.

but not everyone gift giver gives me a gift reciept.

I have stood behind people who have asked for multiple gift receipts so have seen it happen. And I have been asked by good cashiers how many gift receipts I would like and for what items.

I completely understand getting a gift without a receipt to return. My MIL gives gifts that never fit and removes all tags and stickers and no receipts ever. Most of the time I cannot even figure out where she got the item so for us, it is a donation to Goodwill or to a neighbor that can use the item. Just the way gifts work out sometimes.

I would honestly just ask at the service counter if you knew you were buying gifts about the gift receipt. Each store can be different and if you ask before you purchase something, then you get the correct answer for your instance.

I've been lurking here for a while and finally have something to report. I hit three Targets today and only one had lots of 75% off toys. This was in Cranberry, Pennsylvania. I bought:

Huggable Dora -- $2.xx

Huggable Diego -- $2.xx

Thomas the Tank Engine Set -- $9.xx

Ryan's Room Parachute -- $7.xx

Graco Baby and Travel Carrier -- $3.xx

Graco Baby Doll Accessories (pack n play, diaper bag, front carrier) -- $3.xx

Also saw at 75% but didn't buy:

Weebles Fairytale Kingdom -- $8.xx (I think)

Ryan's Room Furniture -- $2.xx

Ryan's Room Family (Hispanic and Asian) -- $4.xx

Candyland DVD game -- $7.xx

Scene It Junior Edition -- $7.xx

LeapFrog Box of Games -- $4.xx

Thomas and the Water Tank Set -- $9.xx

Two of the three stores also had the Dora Talking House (about $28) and Leap Frog Railroad (about $24) at 50% off. They had so many of them I thought I'd take a chance and see if they go to 75%.

The One Spot Clearance was also down to 75%.

:cool: Okay, i now want to kick myself. I had a $50.98 clarinet in my buggy. But I let my friend and daughter talk me out of getting it because they said I would never learn to play it. They may be right. But I could have at least put it on a shelf and LOOKED at it! :( ... or donated it to the school or something.

But hopefully some young budding musician will find it and get much more use out of it.

I've been lurking here for a while and finally have something to report. I hit three Targets today and only one had lots of 75% off toys. This was in Cranberry, Pennsylvania. I bought:

Huggable Dora -- $2.xx

Huggable Diego -- $2.xx

Thomas the Tank Engine Set -- $9.xx

Ryan's Room Parachute -- $7.xx

Graco Baby and Travel Carrier -- $3.xx

Graco Baby Doll Accessories (pack n play, diaper bag, front carrier) -- $3.xx

Also saw at 75% but didn't buy:

Weebles Fairytale Kingdom -- $8.xx (I think)

Ryan's Room Furniture -- $2.xx

Ryan's Room Family (Hispanic and Asian) -- $4.xx

Candyland DVD game -- $7.xx

Scene It Junior Edition -- $7.xx

LeapFrog Box of Games -- $4.xx

Thomas and the Water Tank Set -- $9.xx

Two of the three stores also had the Dora Talking House (about $28) and Leap Frog Railroad (about $24) at 50% off. They had so many of them I thought I'd take a chance and see if they go to 75%.

The One Spot Clearance was also down to 75%.

Hi May. I am near Cranberry also. I frequent the Monroeville target. I saw many of those toys today also but only at 50 off. Nice to see someone else in the area.

May & mln51 - I was in the Butler Target on the 26th, toy sale prices were 30-50% off. Yesterday at Pine Creek (the one I usually go to), they were 75% off, and I got some great deals for my kids for next year (Polly Pockets, Barbie car + doll, Travel Lite Bright)... today, I was at the new one in Ross (hmmm, think I go to Target too much?) and their prices were 30-50%. I hate that Target does this. Freaking price it all the same!!!

Hi! I am closer to Butler so I hit that one but had some extra time to go to Cranberry and Camp Horne Road as well. I was so glad I stopped in Cranberry. I just remembered a few more items that were 75% off: the roll up piano was $12.48 and Huggable Pablo $2.98. Still waiting for Christmas stuff to go to 75%. It has to be soon, right?

I do most of my Christmas shopping for the following year after the prior year's toys go on clearance. I can't wait for the toys here in Mpls to og 75% so I can stock up for 2007 birthdays and christmas presents.

Thanks to this site, I've already got a good start for next year. Maybe with any luck, I'll be done with all of my shopping by the end of Jan. :)

May and Linda loo - Very farmiliar with the butler area. The target there opened when I was finishing my last year at Slippery Rock University. It was wonderful. I think 75 is going to happen tomorrow. I was at the monroeville target this morning and they were putting out and moving a LOT of seasonal stuff. Hopefullly they were getting ready to mark it more. I did get a great deal on a smith and hawkin window box. It's a beautiful copper box in an iron case for 39.99 orig 79.99. I had been watching it for a while.

Hi! I am closer to Butler so I hit that one but had some extra time to go to Cranberry and Camp Horne Road as well. I was so glad I stopped in Cranberry. I just remembered a few more items that were 75% off: the roll up piano was $12.48 and Huggable Pablo $2.98. Still waiting for Christmas stuff to go to 75%. It has to be soon, right?

Well, hello neighbors! I am from BUtler also. I am headed to Cranberry tomorrow I see! Thanks!:g_dance:

Nikkilugi, My husband and I opened the Butterscotch FurReal Pony tonight because we are gonig to give it to my daughter for her 4th birthday in February and I wanted to be sure everything worked right. It is just darling. I highly recommend it if you find one. It's the cutest thing and it's sounds are so real.

Does anyone know how to get the text from someone's previous message into a post to respond to it? I mean when it says "originally posted by"..... I would appreciate knowing how to do that. I can't seem to figure it out! When I try to click the box that says "quote mesage in reply" it won't allow me to click it. Thanks.

Does anyone know how to get the text from someone's previous message into a post to respond to it? I mean when it says "originally posted by"..... I would appreciate knowing how to do that. I can't seem to figure it out! When I try to click the box that says "quote mesage in reply" it won't allow me to click it. Thanks.

See in the lower right corner of their post? Click on "Quote" on their post, and it will quote it on your reply.

Edit to add: Sorry, guess I skimmed your post so quick I didn't see you said you already tried this. Might try contacting one of the mods.

I was at Target today looking at the Christmas clearance. Still 50%, but they have TONS left. I asked the guy working in that dept when they would go to 75%, and he said he didn't know, it was up to the managers of each store. BUT he said he did hear them talking that "All this Christmas stuff will be GONE by this Saturday". I'm going back tomorrow evening to see what they mark down. I had my eye on a couple of things.

You just need to click the quote button on the bottom right of the message you'd like to quote from. You can edit from there :)

Update from OC (are there any of you out there?) - the Irvine North store has Christmas at 50% and toys at either 30% or 50%, depending on how well they sell. An employee told me that they're not marking down the top selling toys for a few more weeks!! I'm gonna try to hit the Spectrum tomorrow to see if they have better deals.