Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

This will be one of those times when being a SAHM or being retired will pay off. I love the holiday clearance this is my only time of the year to get an even chance at the better sales.(I teach). By the time I get home from work everything is gone. Thank goodness I have some awesome hiding spots for my items:D I usually use a "sick" day when the 75% toy sale hits. By then I am really "sick" of the students and their winter blahs.:eyepoppin. (9th grade special ed. very long, draining days) I have my eye on a few Airhogs.They are to big for any of my hiding spots. I am hoping these make it to the big sale. My DN love these. I got 2 on BF and the were a hit at the christmas gathering I have for the nephews, godchildren and cousins every year. This is where my 75% toys go. Last year I think it was the 3rd week in January. Does anyone remember around when?

Or self-employed...that's me. Sure does come in handy for stuff like this. On the other hand, teachers and friends tend to treat me like I don't work at all and should be available at any time....

You are a better person than I am if you can tolerate teaching at all, and add 9th grade and special ed to that! Ooh! You must be a saint! I'd lose my mind!!

Off to see if our local stores are 90%. DH is sick, so he doesn't want to go to church, and I need to go inspect a recently vacated rental....Will report when I return.

90% off at Scottsdale Pavillions.

Bought nealy $60 worth, didn't have time to look for missing lost things or to look anywhere but seasonal, the DH thought I was at the grocery store buying things to make breakfast!!!

Hopefully he will take a nap after breakfast, and I CAN HEAD OUT TO ANOTHER TARGET!

Alison

Scottsdale, AZ

Well, tried going back to bed- the coffee didn't allow, so I got up and set up treadmill then randomly checked the boards....stuck my contacts in, dabbed on deoderant and de-iced the car--still 75% here blah :confused: However someone did point out to me batteries were just marked to 75% so I got some of those to make the trip worth it :)

did they have a lot of stuff? The Delaware store didn't have anything left on the 1st, so it would be worth the trip if they have stuff?

Springfield has about 16 feet of stuff. Not much at all. Some stocking stuffer things, stockings, some bows, some ornaments, Choxie, and such.

Called two stores in Elgin, IL and South Elgin, IL. Both "still at 75%". The people on the phone seemed like they were asked the question a million times today!

Interesting how it is not a national clearance schedule, I bet it has something to do with inventory levels or even manager discretion.

Guess I'm trying tomorrow once I drop my wife off at work!

Collierville, TN Target was 90%. A fellow shopper told me she had been to several others close by and they were NOT 90% off. Lots of stuff left - lights, ornaments, wrap, gift bags, candy items, garland/trees. Scotch tape with $1.99 printed on it was in the regular aisle - both green and purple varieties - .19. Chocolate covered mint oreos .29 - reg aisle. Keebler holiday cookies .27 - reg aisle. Monopoly travel set - toy aisle - .99. Spent $31xx.

Collierville, TN Target was 90%. A fellow shopper told me she had been to several others close by and they were NOT 90% off. Lots of stuff left - lights, ornaments, wrap, gift bags, candy items, garland/trees. Scotch tape with $1.99 printed on it was in the regular aisle - both green and purple varieties - .19. Chocolate covered mint oreos .29 - reg aisle. Keebler holiday cookies .27 - reg aisle. Monopoly travel set - toy aisle - .99. Spent $31xx.

I wonder if that means the Cordova, TN Targets are still 75%. I really don't feel like driving crosstown to Collierville.

Babs

90% off in North Texas. Not a lot left, which is surprising since there was a ton on Saturday, however I was able to get all my wrapping needs for next year. The new Global Bazaar (I can't help calling it that) looks nice, very "Elle Decor"-ish.

Which store??

... another random cute book deal.... this rang up for $4.04. I wonder if the holiday books have all been shipped back to the publisher and if a store gets a return, maybe they just mark it down rather than deal with sending it back by itself???

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61-gjOtQxPL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

... OT, my husband and I were getting light bulbs at Home Depot last night (I know, what a way to spend a Saturday night, eh?) Anyway, they have some cute inflatables and we got a cute snowman couple with a little penguin flanked by 2 Christmas trees. It was regularly $199 and it rang up as $37.xx. People either love 'em or hate 'em... we have 3 small kids so we put those silly things up in our yard every year. I look forward to the day when I can decorate the outside of the house with my white lights and NO yard ornaments, but for now, the kids get a big kick outta crazy inflatables and multi colored lights. This one is especially cute (and cheap!). I couldn't find a picture, but if you have a Home Depot near you, it might be worth checking out. They also had a carousal one too, but I didn't check the price on that. None of the boxes were price marked correctly, but they rang up really cheap. I think the box shows them priced at $74.99. Sorry a bit off topic, but HTH!

We don't shop on Sundays, so I am actually glad to hear that most stores are still 75% off. I will drop the kids at school in the morning, and then hit mine at 8:45 or so, and hope for the best.

I found some of the LPS advent calendars at our Walmart on Friday, but they were still ringing up full price (of course).

That's the best set up! I kind of liked it when the Targets around me weren't on the same holiday markdown schedule. That way you can hit more stores. When stuff goes to 90%, I've found that you kinda need to be there in the first 30 minutes or you end up SOL.

Pasadena, CA 2-story, Lake store 90% off. Didn't get to Madre this trip, but will in the afternoon. Not much left. Found a few of the small Legos in toys and managed to get the Playmobil Nativity set 90% off. It rang up regular, I asked wasn't it Christmas and therefore 90% off, he was going to give me 50%, so I said no thanks, and low and behold he changed his mind and gave it to me.

90% at Green Bay west store, tons of stuff and they are unloading more and more boxes from the back. I got ziplock bags, tree, ornaments, wrapping paper etc saved $679

What she failed to mention was that it was ME at the store alone dragging around 2 carts. I actually had to check out and go back in the store because I couldnt push it all alone. There were only about 5 or so people there shopping in the section. It worked to my advantage this year as we got 1/2 inch of ice last night and the roads were really bad this morning. They were running carts out from the back with random stuff on them the entire time I was there. The ziploc bags went fast, obviously, but they also had tons of baking items. I also scored the flatware set for 4.99 that was 49.99 regular and plates that go with it for 2.99 from 29.99. The guy had just brought them out from the back. Other big items were a tree and a lighted train outdoor thing that was regular 89.99.

All in all I had a lot of stuff because I was buying for numerous people who couldnt make it out because of the weather so the savings came to well over 850.00. That was fun.:)

Why do I get the feeling that the majority of the areas that went 90% off today were in the cold weather areas? I feel like I am being punished since it is almost 80 degrees here today. LOL Just kidding the employees at my store are mad it didnt go 90% off this morning as expected. They have also cut back on their hours and they arent getting their bonuses this year which I really feel bad for them since they work so hard to help me find the good deals.