Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I know it stinks for most people, but tomorrow would be better for me...I can go as soon as I drop off the boys for school!

I am feeling doubtful about toy clearance happening this week, too. I think it will be next week.

Oh I wish! My kids dont go back till Tuesday so I will be dragging them out again in the morning.

Tomarrow would be better for me also but I hate to drive right down to Target which is an hour for me to get to the closest one and nothing alot of time wasted doing this the last few days lol

So I can easily go when she is in school i get there there about the same time they open if I leave as soon as I put her on the bus.

I know it stinks for most people, but tomorrow would be better for me...I can go as soon as I drop off the boys for school!

I am feeling doubtful about toy clearance happening this week, too. I think it will be next week.

Me too on tomorrow.

I was wondering the same thing about the toys... There are a lot of toys left around here.

Ok, I got to one this morning and saw the 90% off signs, got excited, and scanned something. Still 75% but since the signs were up they honored it for me and a couple other people that saw the signs before they took them down. The worst part was they sent me to guest services who had no idea what was going on, rang me up and when I checked my receipt everything was wrong. They had to return it all and ring it again. The worker was very nice about the whole thing though.

The good news is I got 10 boxes of the Glade press and seal. Apparently they were found somewhere because there was probably 50 boxes there. I also got 3 bags of playdoh, some toddler shirts, boxes, bags, etc. Spent $13.

Now I can be at a different store when they open tomorrow! 1 down, 3 to go!

Just wondering if the clearance stuff is all together in one section or all over the store? IT sounds like you guys are getting some great deals. ALso..i would imagine that the toys on clearance would be in the toy section? This will be my first try at the 90% off sale. Sorry if these are silly questions.

Has anyone noticed any aquadoodles on clearance? One of my kids got a tiny kit as a gift and all 3 have been fighting over it. The travel-sized on would be ideal for us.

No such luck. I have looked several times because I got a medium sized one for DS and was hoping to get a bit back.

Let me tell you my Target experience this morning, Go in freezing rain to my Target, first ones in the store at 8:00. Go to holiday clearance all signs say 90%..I just start putting a few things in my cart (tree skirt, 3 sets of boxes, a couple of the bag sets) There are alot of guys (employees) in the area, I ring up something to check the price and it is scanning 75% not 90% I ask someone about it, He says it is 75% not 90%. I say the signs all say 90%. He says I'm pulling them now I will give you what you have in your cart at 90% nothing more. The more I think about it the madder I am getting. Should I have pitched a fit (not usually in my nature) and he was being p...y about it. What are the policies if all the signs were posted when I first got there..should I have been able to get whatever I wanted at 90%????

Just wondering if the clearance stuff is all together in one section or all over the store? IT sounds like you guys are getting some great deals. ALso..i would imagine that the toys on clearance would be in the toy section? This will be my first try at the 90% off sale. Sorry if these are silly questions.

The Christmas stuff is generally consolidated, but you might find items here and there throughout the store. It is really worthwhile to familiarize yourself with holiday merchandise when it is full price, so you can find it more easily on sale. So, when they bring out all the Valentines stuff you can be prepared for the big sale. :yup: Sometimes items aren't obviously holiday, and those are often the best deals!

Toys are consolidated, though they are not always consolidated in an aisle or two. Sometimes they don't get them altogether, and even when they do, it is worth going through regular aisles to look for odds & ends. Also, be sure to look through the go-back carts. Always worth a look.

Let me tell you my Target experience this morning, Go in freezing rain to my Target, first ones in the store at 8:00. Go to holiday clearance all signs say 90%..I just start putting a few things in my cart (tree skirt, 3 sets of boxes, a couple of the bag sets) There are alot of guys (employees) in the area, I ring up something to check the price and it is scanning 75% not 90% I ask someone about it, He says it is 75% not 90%. I say the signs all say 90%. He says I'm pulling them now I will give you what you have in your cart at 90% nothing more. The more I think about it the madder I am getting. Should I have pitched a fit (not usually in my nature) and he was being p...y about it. What are the policies if all the signs were posted when I first got there..should I have been able to get whatever I wanted at 90%????

No, he was right. You get what you had and that's it. Sounds like the stores were told today was the day, but corporate hasn't done the changes. I wonder if they'll happen later in the morning. I have to take DS to a birthday party this afternoon, so I'll take a look at our store. Nothing left there worthwhile, but I'll stop by.

Guest mzannetti
only two of the three stores in my area are 90% off. i got most of the big lay away items we stocked. i spent $130 for $1300 worth of items. :)

The Christmas stuff is generally consolidated, but you might find items here and there throughout the store. It is really worthwhile to familiarize yourself with holiday merchandise when it is full price, so you can find it more easily on sale. So, when they bring out all the Valentines stuff you can be prepared for the big sale. :yup: Sometimes items aren't obviously holiday, and those are often the best deals!

Toys are consolidated, though they are not always consolidated in an aisle or two. Sometimes they don't get them altogether, and even when they do, it is worth going through regular aisles to look for odds & ends. Also, be sure to look through the go-back carts. Always worth a look.

Where do you find the go back carts I have never seen them

Just wanted to say thanks to those who have posted early-- it's been freezing here and icy roads just aren't a friend to my poor car. Yesterday I was able to go back to sleep, but today-- I'm just--up-- as I have to work at 9. Woke up at 5 am and couldn't go back to sleep thinking for sure today would be the day Oh well.

It was 90% off in Delran, NJ store, and they had a good amount of stuff left...trees, lots of cards and ornaments, gift tags, stockings, various other little trinkets. Also scored some men's xmas boxers for 79 cents and some baby xmas pjs and slippers for 79 cents and 59 cents. Contemplating checking out Mt. Laurel and Cherry Hill stores...anyone been there? ANything left?

I was thinking the same about the toy clearance. I was hoping for today though. Only because my ds does not have school on mondays. :( But he is so used to Target shopping it really doesn't bother him.

It was 90% off in Delran, NJ store, and they had a good amount of stuff left...trees, lots of cards and ornaments, gift tags, stockings, various other little trinkets. Also scored some men's xmas boxers for 79 cents and some baby xmas pjs and slippers for 79 cents and 59 cents. Contemplating checking out Mt. Laurel and Cherry Hill stores...anyone been there? ANything left?

Thanks for the update!

I'm heading out to the Delran store now.

Was at the Mount Laurel store and Cherry Hill store earlier in the week and neither had much of anything left.

Don't know if they had any stuff in the back that they pulled out, but they were already setting up for the next sale of cleaning and bath supplies.

Where do you find the go back carts I have never seen them

Go back carts are often simply left sitting in the department where they need to be unloaded. If you see an apparently abandoned cart full of stuff, and no one seems to be claiming it, it is probably go-backs. They are also often left full near guest services. Depends on the store, though, as some managers have a hissy fit if employees leave them there. Still, this time of year, they are usually there even in the best stores.

It sounds like it is 90% today, but the signal from corporate is coming out later in the morning. It has happened like that before. For those who can go back, I'd certainly try if there is anything you really wanted.

And for those who got messed over because they took the signs down, if you find out it goes back to 90% today, I'd call the 800# or email and have a fit. They will probably at least send you a couple of the $3 coupons.

Thanks for the update!

I'm heading out to the Delran store now.

Was at the Mount Laurel store and Cherry Hill store earlier in the week and neither had much of anything left.

Don't know if they had any stuff in the back that they pulled out, but they were already setting up for the next sale of cleaning and bath supplies.

Good luck!! They were also bringing out more boxes when I was there...looked like mainly cards and ornaments...

This will be one of those times when being a SAHM or being retired will pay off. I love the holiday clearance this is my only time of the year to get an even chance at the better sales.(I teach). By the time I get home from work everything is gone. Thank goodness I have some awesome hiding spots for my items:D I usually use a "sick" day when the 75% toy sale hits. By then I am really "sick" of the students and their winter blahs.:eyepoppin. (9th grade special ed. very long, draining days) I have my eye on a few Airhogs.They are to big for any of my hiding spots. I am hoping these make it to the big sale. My DN love these. I got 2 on BF and the were a hit at the christmas gathering I have for the nephews, godchildren and cousins every year. This is where my 75% toys go. Last year I think it was the 3rd week in January. Does anyone remember around when? Edited by twilightcalm

90% off in Greensboro, NC. Folks from a local charity were clearing the shelves of everything that would fit in a shoebox (Operation Christmas Child) but nicely, giving people shopping for one or two of an item plenty of room. Not crowded at all. Spent $32 including tax and got two Christmas trees, one 7 1/2 foot and one of the fiber optic minis. Lots of bells, ornaments, wrap, window clings. . .