*** 2008 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

Please don't think I was complaining about the silly putty (I thought it was play-doh) I'd much rather have the containers than the contents smeared in the carpet! Thank you again. Kristyn

Silly putty!! LMAO Have you ever played with silly putty?? I love that stuff and it is not messy. The only way it could get in your carpet is if someone stepped on it and ground it in with their foot,lol. My kids like to stretch it, blow in it, then pop it. I am so getting this stuff for the kids, I forgot all about it!

Ok...First, forgive me for me for being SO late in posting my items. I was in a car accident, and even got mine mailed out late. My daughter had to do it for me, and didn't get the correct tracking slips I told her I needed. So, if yours is late...it's probably mine! But they did ship early last week so you should have received them by now.

First, my ornamenS came and they were lovely! One was an exquisite crocheted angel with a typed note. The first line says: I wish for you...comfort on difficult days. Absolutely perfect! The second soothed my snowman loving spirit. It was a heavy snowman head in a top hat placed in a felt pouch...with a snowman on it.

THANK YOU TO MY SECRET ORNAMENT PERSON!!!!

Second, my SS gift. That came late too...i figured I wasn't the only one bogged down...lol. It was an adorable red & white popcorn "basket" filled with goodies I can use in front of a fire. Microwave popcorn, hot chocolate, candy, mints.....It was great! There was also a "peppermint striped" candle gift set. Different size candles and all peppermint striped. My daughters were really excited. so...

THANK YOU TO MY SS...Whomever you are!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Thank you eve for doing this ..... again!!!

I was ready to dispose of the packing peanuts, and I found gifts for my cats and dog! Thanks again SS !!!!!!

Om...First, forgive me for me for being SO late in posting my items. I was in a car accident, and even got mine mailed out late. My daughter had to do it for me, and didn't get the correct tracking slips I told her I needed. So, if yours is late...it's probably mine! Bit they did ship early last week so you should have received them by now.

First, my ornamenS came and they were lovely! One was an exquistie crocheted angel with a typed note. The first line says: I wish for you...comfort on difficult days. Absolutley perfect! The second soothed my snowman loving spirit. It was a heavy snowman head in a top hat placed in a felt pouch...with a snowman on it.

THANK YOU TO MY SECRET ORNAMENT PERSON!!!!

Second, my SS gift. That cmae late too...i figured I wasn't the only one bogged down...lol. It was an adorable red & white popcorn "basket" filled with goodies I can use n front of a fire. Microwave popcorn, hot chocolate, candy, mints.....It was great! There was also a "peppermint striped" candle gift set. Different size candles and all peppermint striped. My daughters were really excited. so...

THANK YOU TO MY SS...Whomever you are!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Thank you eve for doing this ..... again!!!

Sorry to hear about your car accident I hope everyone and everything is okay now

Is there a way you can find out someone's wish list if you didn't participate in the santa exchange? Are they posted somewhere? You know, like if you're just nosey or something????

BTW, If I did participate, I would now add Pierce Brosnan to my wish list. I have decided that I would leave my husband AND even HArry Connick Jr for Pierce Brosnan. Perfection in the male species.

Silly putty!! LMAO Have you ever played with silly putty?? I love that stuff and it is not messy. The only way it could get in your carpet is if someone stepped on it and ground it in with their foot,lol. My kids like to stretch it, blow in it, then pop it. I am so getting this stuff for the kids, I forgot all about it!

I'm 50 years old, I played with the original Silly Putty. But the stuff was all dried up I really had no idea what it was, but the containers were so cute it really didn't matter. I guess I also thought it was play-doh because they were colored and in the 60's, original silly putty was gray!! I am such an old nerd. Anyway, Callie, I still loved everything, even my stolen stuff (does stolen count if it's stolen by your kids?)

I am soo sorry that I have not posted, I received my SS package last Wednesday. Thank you to my SS!!! I got Christmas cups, snowman pin and matching earrings, a Christmas hand towel, a set of ornaments, and a Yankee candle. The candle smells wonderful!!! I feel like I'm forgetting something... Potholders!!

Thanks agains SS!!

WOW....is all I have to say...:) After coming home on Sunday I had a HUGE box waiting for me... It was sooooo nice to open the box and see all the great stuff inside, especially after having no power or heat for days......:(

This is what my SS gave to me:

Shortbread cookies

Photo key chain

2 photo album gift set

pooh scrapbook kit

2 Reeses 6 packs

Peppermint bark

White hat and scarf

Better Homes Junior Cookbook

2 Holiday coloring books

Crayons

I had the best SS ever. Thank you Thank you who ever you are.......:)

Edited by RmV73

I received my ss the other day. Sorry I didn't post before now- had some major drama going on at my house, including having the police here last night. :( Anyways, thank you so much for my goodies. I received a cute snowman potholder set, a neat glass Santa head, some little plastic Santas & Snowmen things ( I think they might be candy. Haven't had a minute to crack one open to see), and the coolest book from The Gooseberry Patch with cookie recipes. My mom gets there catalouge & I've been eyeing several of their books, so this was perfect. I also received two candles also, warm apple tart & cinnamon twist. If I've forgotten anything, I apologize. Thank you again for all my stuff.

Yum yum, more cookies for me... this time from Kim I believe :) Brownies, those chow mein haystacks and some rice krispie treats... didn't last long :gdlicklips:

Yep, those are from me. Glad you liked them. I tried something different with the rice krispie treats... I used the Rice Krispies with Strawberries.

I guess they traveled well? I was worried about everything arriving all smashed.

I must apologize to the people on my cookie list,The packages are packed and ready to go, However I am in the hospital, been in since last week, moved from icu to regular room today, able to use the bedside computers,to send my regrets to all cookies pals, I did get my SS gift before going to the hospital, was just wonderful, longerberger bag, a mini white boyd bear,a christmas mug with a lid, & a package of hot chocolate, My DH tells me that 3 packages have arrived,I told him not to open them as he will eat them, I can't eat them now but hopefully by Christmas I will be able to eat,have not been able to eat since last week,and will be a few more days before they let me have clear liquids, This SOD is not fun, very painful. Wanda

I must apologize to the people on my cookie list,The packages are packed and ready to go, However I am in the hospital, been in since last week, moved from icu to regular room today, able to use the bedside computers,to send my regrets to all cookies pals, I did get my SS gift before going to the hospital, was just wonderful, longerberger bag, a mini white boyd bear,a christmas mug with a lid, & a package of hot chocolate, My DH tells me that 3 packages have arrived,I told him not to open them as he will eat them, I can't eat them now but hopefully by Christmas I will be able to eat,have not been able to eat since last week,and will be a few more days before they let me have clear liquids, This SOD is not fun, very painful. Wanda

Hope you have a speedy recovery and get to feeling better by Christmas :)

Yep, those are from me. Glad you liked them. I tried something different with the rice krispie treats... I used the Rice Krispies with Strawberries.

I guess they traveled well? I was worried about everything arriving all smashed.

I recieved my yummy treats from you too. They shipped well. In fact, I am taking them to work tomorrow for my snack. Thanks again.

I am on the cookie list and I am not worried about you getting cookies mailed off. You just need to focus on getting better and out of the hospital so you can spend the holidays with your family. You should have cookies waiting for you from me when you arrive back home. Enjoy and share.

Sorry I haven't posted about receiving ornaments from my ornament exchange person. I immediately took them out and put them on the tree. One was a little snowman ornament that was wooden that said Snowman Collector with snowmen hanging down and the other was a ceramic snowman. Both are awesome and I will cherish them always. They were also packaged in a snowman box that I have sitting on my windowsill in the kitchen. THank you so very much to my ornament secret santa. You truly made my day.

This is me doing a happy dance.

:g_dance::yelclap::groovin::2wiggle::holiday16

My postal carrier has a terrible habit of delivering my mail to my neighbor's house.

She is kind enough to bring it over when she comes home.

Today it was my SS pkg. :yay:

It was full of wonderful things all wrapped in pretty HO HO HO paper with a lovely white satin/red trimmed ribbon that also says HO HO HO and topped off with a handmade greeting card...

inside was a pair of warm, fuzzy red, green & white house socks (they feel great since is it 11 degrees here now)

a box with a Peppermint Bark Chocolate Bar by Harry London

a tin of Bentley's Holiday Spice Tea bags

a mini memo pad & pen (cute winter scene on it) the perfect size for my purse

a huge, scarlet red Fiestaware mug

and to top it off a dvd of An Affair to Remember 50th anniversary edition.

Secret Santa you were very generous in your gift giving. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :gdthankyou: You picked out gifts for me better than most of my family members do.

I can't wait to put on my warm socks, make a cup of tea, pop in the dvd, watch my new movie and eat chocolate. Sounds like a perfect evening.

Merry Christmas to your and your family. :holiday07 I hope Santa is as wonderful to you as you were to me.

Thank you to my OE & my Secret Santa!!

Yesterday was an all around crummy day, but when I got home not only did I have mail - but it was the packages you sent!!

My OE sent me cookies (yum!) and an ornament that I can put two pictures in (One side will be my dd, the other side will be my cat!).

My secret santa went above and beyond! All the books from the Left Behind series that I haven't read yet, a Santa Mr. Potato Head (that dd promptly took off with!), and I love love love the Mickey Mouse ornament. I hadn't seen that one yet, and I collect mickey ornaments. So thank you!! I wish I could stay home from work today and start reading, it's perfect weather (raining!) for it. Instead I'm bringing it with me to work.

Thank you again! And thanks for the yummy cookies!

I feel for you far more than your realize. Hope you are well on the road to recovery. Just remember, those cookies will be waiting for you when you get home - at least if DH doesn't give in and open those packages.

Finally Got some pics loaded :)

Secret Santa:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk180/guilliam3pnv/secretsanta.jpg

Ornament Exchange:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk180/guilliam3pnv/ornamentexchange.jpg

Thank you to both of my gift givers!! I love it all!!

wahoo I got my OE thank you very much grassy.

Phew...I saw your post fromt he 14th at the top of the page and hurried and tracked it...saw it was delivered...came back and read more and see that you DID get it...LOL...

I'm glad you got it...I thought it was cute...hope you do too. :)

Sorry it was a tad bit late.....Completely MY fault...and I have no good excuse for waiting so long other than that I had foot surgery and should have bought one ahead of time, then realized I'm not getting out of the house AT ALL...so I had to order it on-line and have it shipped to me...then shipped back out to you.....:eyepoppin

Merry Christmas Citrixgirl! :)

And don't forget the MOST FUN thing with silly putty!

Flatten it out...and stick it to the colored funny pages of the newspaper and it transfers the picture onto your putty....;)

LOVED doing that...I might have to get my boys some too now that you all are talking about it...LOL. :yup: