GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Happy New Year! My luger is back in Lake Placid this week. I've made more trips this season than I care to count, lol. It's a 7-7.5 hour ride in good weather. Last week's trip back home was crappy weather and was 8.5 hours long. 🙄 My daughter, Kendall, is on the left, with her BFF teammate 

FB_IMG_1705281342617.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, msyves said:

With this cold freeze taking place, I pray all of you are safe and warm.

People only a single block north of me lost power Friday night and just got it back yesterday. I had power all weekend and only lost internet for about 12 hours. I know I was EXTREMELY fortunate. 🙏

• Like 3

Here in the Greater Seattle area we’re coming out of our week long cold spell. Overnight lows dipped into the teens, which is very cold for us, but it was partly sunny and dry the entire week; no snow accumulation to speak of at all.

PSE said there was strain on “the grid,” but as far as I know there were very few outages. We had no issues at all.

Later today I’ll swing by my box garden and see how the leeks and leaf lettuce weathered the cold. I’ll uncover the 45-gallon black garbage bag from my rosemary bush as well and see how it did over a week without light. Lows are supposed to stay in the 30s for awhile.

I have a snow day today! We got hit hard (for the South) with snow Sunday and Monday.  Ended up with 5 inches of snow and it is brutally cold.  Single digit temps at night and not above 20 for a high the last 2 days.  Crazy for Memphis and way too cold for me.  We might get some ice Thursday on top of the snow.  Ugh.  

• Like 1

Greater Seattle area had its cold spell last week where lows were in the teens and highs in the low to mid twenties. But it was dry and we had no snow. Lows overnight were in the low twenties and we’re expected to get into the upper thirties this afternoon, with temperatures hovering around there for the next week or so.

As far as I know, all of the school districts remained open during the bitter cold last week, but both districts that I sub for today are closed due to “hazardous road conditions.” So far no snow still, but there is rain and I guess icy conditions are expected. With the steep hills in some areas, apparently buses may be unable to complete their routes, so the districts are closed.

We’ll see if that continues as these temperatures and rain is expected to be ongoing for the next week or so.

Edited by Gator Pam

Hi. Checking in for January and enjoying our snow. Sucked that our furnace quit last nite but a few heaters got us thru til the repairman got it fixed today.  Toasty now.
And putting out lots of birdseed. 

edit to add: We did get to spend Christmas camping at the beach. Was sunny and about 50°. Think we will make that an annual trip.

Edited by packratfamily

Checking in for January,  kids didnt have school and my work operates on the school schedule so I didnt have to work either with the snow and cold. Been enjoying the week off with the family!

Ah the joys of being a homeowner... Been out shoveling the last couple days to make sure my walks are safe for me and anyone else that may be out walking. At least I have a couple good snow shovels the previous owners left for me. Win. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wittenlover said:

Ah the joys of being a homeowner... Been out shoveling the last couple days to make sure my walks are safe for me and anyone else that may be out walking. At least I have a couple good snow shovels the previous owners left for me. Win. 

I’ve run the snow blower a few times here. Makes me wish I had bought the bigger one and got a self propelled one lol. Tried to be nice and do at least the sidewalks for my two neighbors while I was out there. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Gator Pam said:

Happy Birthday to me!!!E63B2F4D-AFFA-46F3-946A-1F219EBFDD22.thumb.jpeg.459299b248a0fce851eefbc9f2286c72.jpeg

It was your birthday? Well happy birthday. My daughter wants one of those Stanley Cups (dad wants the Wings to win a different Stanley Cup lol). We just ordered her one last night for Valentine’s Day. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Finally checking in for January. It’s cold and sloppy weather here in Oklahoma.   A week ago we got our second snow for the winter and that hadn’t fully melted off our yard and then freezing rain last night through this morning.  Haven’t seen any of the flurries my phone keeps telling me we are having….YAY!!!  It at least is supposed to get up to 41 today and then progressively a little warmer each day until Friday, up to 56 degrees!  I am NOT a winter weather person at all. I hate hauling in firewood and keeping a fire going 24/7 to help cut down on the electric and gas bills and I really don’t like having to bundle up to stay warm.  I should live somewhere where it stays warm all the time!!  Here’s hoping to a warmer February. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 9:33 PM, Gator Pam said:

Happy Birthday to me!!!E63B2F4D-AFFA-46F3-946A-1F219EBFDD22.thumb.jpeg.459299b248a0fce851eefbc9f2286c72.jpeg

My boss got me a stanley for my birthday back in July.  I had no idea they were so popular.  Couldn't figure out why she was so excited for me to open it! 

Happy Birthday!

Edited by Doresia
  • Like 1
  • Love 1