GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Happy March everyone!  For the first time in a bit it came in like a lamb here instead of a lion, although it’s too warm for me to be early March.  As per usual we skip right over highs in the 60’s and go straight to the upper 70’s and even an 80 scattered here and there.  You would think I would be used to it by now but dang it I’m not.  LOL

• Like 1

There was a tornado just outside our small village yesterday. It wasn't "bad," but it did damage one property. I'm not positive, but I think the house it hit was under construction. There were no injuries, which was a great thing. It hit about 15 minutes before school was dismissed. The school went into lockdown mode and didn't dismiss till about an hour after the tornado touched down. Just so thankful it didn't do more damage.

• Like 5

On 2/28/2024 at 11:24 PM, Reinholt1 said:

Hello all!  Sorry I haven't been around. Just checking in. As many of you know Mom is been ill since the holidays with a fib.  Unfortunately After battling for over 2 months Her body just couldn't take it anymore. She passed a couple of weeks ago. Just starting to get caught up on things now. Will get secret Santa gifts out shortly. 

I'm so very sorry to hear this, friend. Hearing your stories of how she so enjoyed the gifts and cards always brought joy to my day. Hugs to you... ❤️‍🩹

1 hour ago, Kash said:

Hope everyone else is happy and healthy. We just had the flu and bronchitis go through our house!  

Hope you're all feeling better. It's going through our school like crazy! My niece just missed all last week because she had influenza A and an ear infection. This is the second or third time she's had it this winter and she's not the only one. It's awful!

• Sad 1

Happy March! Last weekend, my luger participated in her first ever Jr. National Championships. She is 14, racing in a group of athletes ages 14 -21. Out of 12 sliders, she came in 6th, and was the highest placing athlete out of the first year athletes on the Candidate Team. She has one training camp left the first week of April, culminating in Youth National Championships (for the younger age athletes), on April 6, and then she's done til summer training camps, starting in June. Probably the coolest thing she did this last camp was when she and the team got to slide from the very top of the track because it had been so warm, the track was slow enough for this to be safe for them. She and her female teammates were the first women to slide from the very top of the track in about 10 years, and who knows if it will ever happen again. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

Looks like our little town lucked out again. Tornadoes, some really bad, hit in our region again yesterday/last night. One area in particular got hit pretty hard. That's the second time in just a couple weeks we've had tornadoes in our area and it's not even tornado season here yet. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

• Sad 3

Here for March, and also I received this Christmas card the other day, returned to me.. if you are here, sorry! I did try lol! (It mgiht not be from this forum tho)

returnedcard2.jpeg

Edited by Hubbalance
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 3:37 PM, speeddiva said:

My daffodils are blooming and I saw 2 robins today. I think I can safely say Spring is here. 

Nevermind….snow & cold has returned….just another typical March in Ohio. 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2024 at 10:09 PM, Hubbalance said:

Here for March, and also I received this Christmas card the other day, returned to me.. if you are here, sorry! I did try lol! (It mgiht not be from this forum tho)

I checked the list and sent you a PM. 🙂

• Like 2