GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

I did B&BW Saturday for the candles too. I checked the night before to see what time they opened, hoping to beat the worst of the crowd.  Well, it turns out, they had opened way earlier than normal. It was already shoulder to shoulder. Worth it though. I won't pay $25 for a candle, but if I can get them for $7 (20% off coupon) I'll stock up for the whole year!  I bought 20.

Got ready to bake a batch of cookies yesterday, and discovered the bottom element in my oven isn't working.  Since I had to get the cookies done, I ran to Walmart and bought a counter top oven that I didn't want and don't have room for. Then I burned a couple batches while learning the new oven. What my oven took 8.5 minutes to do, this thing does in 6. Maybe my element has been bad for a very long time :).

Oh, and "Happy December"!

• Like 1

My dog (who is essentially my kid as I can’t have kids) is having surgery today to remove a broken tooth. If everyone could send good thoughts, karma or prayers to whatever power you believe in that would be awesome. He means the world to me and all I want for Christmas is for him to be ok. Thanks.

UPDATE: It’s been a long trying day and despite some complications everything turned out well with the oral surgery and my dog is back at home. He’s still a little loopy from the anesthesia but he had an appetite which I will take as a good sign (he’s a lab and food is his entire world). Thanks for all the good vibes, I really appreciate it. You guys are the best.

Edited by budgetsRsexy
  • Like 11

I was driving home from work Saturday evening and one of those darn red light traffic cameras flashed me on a green light! Everyone says not to worry but anxiety is my middle name so I’m super worried I’m going to get a ticket anyways. I might have been going a little fast but I couldn’t check the speedometer right away due to the blindness caused by those dumb flashes lol. Am I freaking out for no reason??

Well, I wasn't here when the bags came out 10 or so years ago..but I cant wait to get mine next October...Thanks Brad

BTW..check in for Dec.

My dog (who is essentially my kid as I can’t have kids) is having surgery today to remove a broken tooth. If everyone could send good thoughts, karma or prayers to whatever power you believe in that would be awesome. He means the world to me and all I want for Christmas is for him to be ok. Thanks.

Oh sweetie, I know I feel the same about my fur baby...all my good thoughts coming your way

• Like 1

Happy December, all! Had the company Christmas party Saturday night, so got all dressed up & had a great time. 55bdb52f8ff27fb50d8594c181abccaf.jpg

Proud to say I am SEVEN dress sizes down from where I was last year. Still have a ways to go, but making good progress. [emoji16][emoji106]

That’s awesome you’re doing great.
  • Like 2

Happy December, all! Had the company Christmas party Saturday night, so got all dressed up & had a great time. 55bdb52f8ff27fb50d8594c181abccaf.jpg

Proud to say I am SEVEN dress sizes down from where I was last year. Still have a ways to go, but making good progress. [emoji16][emoji106]

Congratulations!!! I have to say this picture is very pretty.  I saw it last night but didn't have time to comment. 

• Like 2

Update: It's now December 1st and the contest is closed to new entrants (so trying to sneak in with a post now won't work :P)

As of the end of November there are 42 members still eligible to win tote bags.

OH NOOOOOOO I MISSED IT!!! I thought I would check back in after cyber week because that’s when all the seasonal people leave, lol...

Well, have fun y’all!

I need to buy two gift cards to go with therapist gifts, my mom's gift, husband's last gift, and two boxes of popcorn then I'm done Christmas shopping!

I read your post and could hear the excitement, all I could think is breathe :) lol

• Like 1

I read your post and could hear the excitement, all I could think is breathe :) lol

Lol. I'm usually still getting SOMETHING the week of Christmas so I'm excited to be almost done. Then I can finish wrapping Christmas and get started on the birthday presents so my toddler will quit playing with stuff when he finds it. I'm out of hiding places!

• Like 2

So...My DW decided AFTER Black Friday that she wanted an outdoor patio heater ($99 on BF), a Ring Video Doorbell ($139+free item on BF), and a Roku device (out of the blue.  I wasn't looking for that).  Luckily, I found a similar patio heater for $100 off Amazon still.  No luck on the Ring (back to $199 everywhere) and I can't really find anything on the Roku.  I guess the current stick + would work as I saw Fry's Electronics has it for $45 today (everywhere else $49 normal price $60).  The Roku isn't important as we don't really need it until February. 

Any thoughts on if I will score a better deal on the bottom end Roku device later?

So, I'll post updates regarding my cancer recovery journey here, rather than in the off-topic forum, unless I'm told otherwise.

Yesterday was my follow up presurgical consultation with my reconstructive surgeon. She wouldn't put me on the operating table unless I weighed less than 200 lbs. I decided to go for 190 before going back, so I would be certain to be somewhere in the 190s when I went clothed in to her office. I'm glad I did, as my appointment wasn't until 4:00, and I wasn't going to fast until that late in the day.

On the scale at UW reconstructive surgery, I weighed 192. When my doctor walked in, she looked at me with a big grin, and the first thing she said to me was, "Give the girl a goal, and have her blow it out of the water!"

She was of the mindset that I lost 40 lbs since she saw me in June, and I didn't remind her that 11 of those pounds were dropped overnight after the bilateral masectomy (bye-bye boobies). I felt just fine basking in her effusive praise. But, I'm still going to keto on. I have a lot of weight yet to lose.

For now, it looks like surgery will be scheduled for March. But, there is a chance another patient may cancel next month around my birthday. Not the happiest of birthdays with the plan of spending four days in ICU. But, if it is offered, I'll jump at the chance anyway.

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 6