GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

My oldest insisted his brother open one present tonight.  It was a genuine PS2 Slim.  Up to the attic to dig out the old games and controllers.  I've completely lost them.  I'm OK with that.  Great idea and a great night of fun.  Who would think young adults would be nostalgic.

Time for me to go to bed.  Good night all and merry Christmas!

• Like 3

I swear I am a deer magnet... [emoji37]

This is third car in a row I’ve owned that’s been hit by one of the blasted creatures in the first 6 months of me owning it...

I’m fine, deer’s not, car is TBD. Should be repairable if no hidden frame damage under the body damage. Happened last night when I was less than 5 miles from home. Grrrrrr...

333e978183b3fc24c015104486ff2b01.jpgfa0a92298e8473fdf057eb3f7fdbb446.jpgc45f28bf246e8d34905fa933bc88064a.jpg

Glad you’re ok. From one of the pics I can’t tell if the A pillar is messed up or it’s just shadows. For what it’s worth being that new I hope they total it for you. Accidents hurt resale down the road. Looks like you need an F-350 with a push bar on it. ;)

I hope everyone has a very merry and safe Christmas [emoji319]

Glad you’re ok. From one of the pics I can’t tell if the A pillar is messed up or it’s just shadows. For what it’s worth being that new I hope they total it for you. Accidents hurt resale down the road. Looks like you need an F-350 with a push bar on it. ;)

I hope everyone has a very merry and safe Christmas [emoji319]

No no NO! I do NOT want them totaling it. I get where you’re coming from but I drive my cars into the ground so resale value is not important to me (I typically either pass along to friends or donate my cars when I’m done with them).

Not having to shop for another car right now would be far nicer for me.

As for possible pillar damage, the hood got shoved back and under the pillar trim a bit on the driver’s side. I’m guessing that’s what you might have been looking at. I’ll know more, though, once the body shop gets a look at it.

For what it’s worth, my brother (state trooper) says most likely fixable since airbags did not deploy. I’m hoping he’s right.

Merry Christmas to all!

No no NO! I do NOT want them totaling it. I get where you’re coming from but I drive my cars into the ground so resale value is not important to me (I typically either pass along to friends or donate my cars when I’m done with them).

Not having to shop for another car right now would be far nicer for me.

As for possible pillar damage, the hood got shoved back and under the pillar trim a bit on the driver’s side. I’m guessing that’s what you might have been looking at. I’ll know more, though, once the body shop gets a look at it.

For what it’s worth, my brother (state trooper) says most likely fixable since airbags did not deploy. I’m hoping he’s right.

Merry Christmas to all!

Sorry to hear about the accident but glad you are okay. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the accident but glad you are okay.

Thanks. Body shop got my blue baby this morning. (First day they’ve been open since it happened.)

The guys are cautiously optimistic about being able to repair it based on what they could see, but they’re going to call me tomorrow once they get it apart.

• Like 1

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, you filthy animals!

And now I might get diabetes (pronounced die-uh-beet-uhs) thanks to the pounds of chocolates I received from all my relatives and more pounds of sweets from my Secret Santa here on the holiday forum. Doubt I'll have it all finished by next Christmas.

• Like 4

Starting the New Year off right by hugging the toilet!

Since I don't drink I can only deduce it was the pizza I had.  Happy New Year everyone!

Many years ago when I worked at Wendy's on New Years Eve, it was about 2 AM or so.  The bars must have had last call because we starting getting hit with drunks.  It was just 2 workers and this one car pulls into drive thru and orders like 10 items (a combinations of 99 cent burgers and fries).  They were totally drunk and while I hope they got pulled over and feel bad I didn't do anything like call the cops, I'm sure they made it home safe since I heard no accident reports.  Anyways, they had to wait a few minutes for food, and after they pulled up to the window nobody else was in line so we made the food getting annoyed at them.  So we ended up bagging up every item separately.  So they got like 10 bags of food, I think they believed we gave them a bunch of free stuff.  It was kind of fun but I think it was the last time I worked on New Years eve "evening" or New Years Day.  I hated dealing with the drunks, so I always volunteered to work Christmas and Thanksgiving and got off Black Friday, New Years Day, and usually New Years Eve.  Since we was inside a truckstop we were always open so holidays we mostly dead and we got time and a half to basically sit around most the time.  No main bosses so not a lot of emphasis on cleaning, just making sure we looked busy.

Figured I'd tell more stories from my past this year since it always make the forum more exciting and it helps me remember if I posted for the month or not.

• Like 4

Happy New Year everyone!  Went to bed early last night so I didn't crack open the sparkling grape juice I bought to ring in the new year with.  LOL.  I'll do it today as my reward for being productive today.  

I'm putting away Christmas and in the process purging stuff I don't need or use anymore.  This is gonna make for a long day since I have an entire closet dedicated to Christmas.  It's a tiny closet but still...... trying to start off the year on the right foot so we shall see how far I get. 

• Like 4