If you could do it all over again, what would you change?

RossMAN

I got jipped out of my laptop at Walmart. They opened one of the doors early on the other side and the moron opening our door could not get it open. (I was 2nd in line) But I tried, 48 laptops at my store and I ran and went airborne into the mess of people. (Busted my lip on someones head, lol) I punched through and nada.

If I had to do it again I would not of went to Walmart. Not doing it next year.

On the bright side though I did get everything else I wanted on my list!:groovin:

I would change a few things.

1. Brought a tent.

2. Used a sleeping bag instead of blankets.

3. Worn one pair of gloves and one pair of mittens, instead of two pairs of gloves.

4. Two words...electric socks.

5. Order things I want from smaller stores online. I missed the iHome clock radio at Linen 'n Things.

That's about it. I'm super pleased that both me and my sister were able to get the CC laptops. That alone is a victory!

Thermal Underwear, 2 more layers of socks, wool blanket and probably a fourth shirt , obviously my major thing was the weather, it wasn't so bad at first but then around 3:30 the temp dropped further (you could actually feel it happen) and the last two hours became pure torture. I was so cold by the time I found out BB only had 9 laptops I completely didn't care.

My BF shopping experience was pretty good. I might buy more online, I'm just too impatient to wait for it. And I would have dressed warmer. It was 11 degrees with wind chill making it 4 below. I had a hoodie on with a medium-weight jacket on over that. Should have worn my heavy winter coat instead. And brought a scarf. I ended up pulling the hood of my hoodie as tight as it would go and hiding my face inside it. I looked like Kenny from South Park! LoL But hey, it worked. I'd breathe in through my nose and out my mouth which would warm my chest.

Since I had to work on BF I thought the BB online deal was perfect for me..So I worked and helped people..got home received bad news..Not going to shop at Best Buy next year and gonna try to avoid them all together, and just shop their competitors. :)

If the weather was warm I would have no problem sitting in line longer than I did. I got to TRU at 12:30 and was the first one there, except for the 2 lost kittys I seen looking for food from their garbage can outside. I tried to catch them but they were too darn quick. I did have a can of cat food in my Explorer from another time I rescued kittens so I put that out for them, not much at all but something.

I wouldn't have taken the word of mere stockers that they had no idea where to go to line up for laptops..I was the first there and ended up 12th! Still got one..but if I had hunted down a manager..I think I would have been out even sooner!

I would have listened to my husband who told me I was completely insane for going to BB in the first place! needless to say it was not and enjoyable experience, although leaving there when I finally found out that there were no Emachines left, i was able to shoot over to Kohls where they were kind enough to let us wait in the lobby. Met some wonderful people and had a great time!

I would have planned my stradegy a little more detailed. I would have gotten in line much earlier (I got to CC @ 1am--guy that was 1st in line got there at 6pm Thurs night).

I would also choose the location of the store a little more carefully (CC was across from FAU-Florida Atlantic University-- college kids everywhere holding places in line for everyone else).

I had jeans, a tshirt and flip-flops on. So I think I next time I will at least take along some comfy tennies, and a windbreaker.

Most important--I will take all day Friday off work!! After sitting in line all night, a little shopping, I had to work @ 9:30am.

I wouldn't have changed a single thing. I came here and read weeks ahead of time and learned what to expect. I got to the store at the right time and then educated the rest of the early people on what to expect. Together we all protected ourselves and got what we wanted. It worked out really well. :)

I would have worn warmer socks ( was wearing panty hose socks DUMB DUMB DUMB)and taken someones advice here to not wear jeans. I was freezing my cheechees off! I guess I would have worn more clothes overall and brought more blankets and would have dranks less fluids. I had to pee sooooo bad! Thankfully a guy we got to talking to that was in the front of the line with us brought his rv and let me use his restroom. I love that man! we got there a little before 10 and there was only one car in the parking lot when we arrived and nobody in line yet. we let that guy go ahead because he was officially first. Then he warned us he had people joining him and I regretted that, but they only got 5 computers total so it turned out ok. They also mostly arrived before the rest of the people started lining up so there were no fights with them. They loaned me a pair of gloves and one of those hothands things! They were awesome!

It was all worth it though. We got our emachine and we got one for my aunt to give to my cousin for christmas. She is going to be sooo happy! Her computer is more than 10 years old. She can't even play at pogo, her computer cant handle it. And it takes YEARS to access her email. In less than a month she will get the best gift she has received in a long time and I had a part in it which makes me very happy.

I think Bf is like everything else, a few bad apples.....

I personally will force myself to order more online, thanks to all the helpfull info here. So many of the things I wanted became available online. I only have Walmart within a 60 mile location. SOO many people are there. My new problem solver this year was "no cart". I was able to manuver in and out of gridlock aisles to get to where I wanted, and everyone else was stuck. I checked out 3 times, and came back in for the rest of what I wanted, and got everything on my list!!

Yes, I will be out again next year, as I have for many years. Even if I don't need to buy anything, I find something to buy.

Guest russvegas

I would have worn a better pair of socks, remembered to bring a blanket instead of having to use a broken air matresse that I luckily had in my trunk to cover up with, and would have brought a mini charcoal grill for heat and to cook hot dogs on.

Even though I did have to go to two diferent CC's, drive 300 miles total, wait outside for 6 hours, wait inside for 2 hours, it was still worth it for me and my roomate to get our two laptops.

No matter how many coupons TRU sends me, I will do my toy shopping online. Last year I shopped all the toys online (which is great - I have toddlers so they don't have a clue what's in the boxes). This year took my $10 TRU along with manufacturer coupons and went to TRU. A big mistake. The store aisles aren't wide enough for the shopping carts so I got the clear bags to drag around. The line, of course, was 45 minutes of waiting. Even though I saved money, next year it's back to Amazon.

No matter how many coupons TRU sends me, I will do my toy shopping online. Last year I shopped all the toys online (which is great - I have toddlers so they don't have a clue what's in the boxes). This year took my $10 TRU along with manufacturer coupons and went to TRU. A big mistake. The store aisles aren't wide enough for the shopping carts so I got the clear bags to drag around. The line, of course, was 45 minutes of waiting. Even though I saved money, next year it's back to Amazon.

Whether I shop online or at TRU B&M depends on the coupon savings and any shipping charges.

I would have gone to bed earlier - BF shopping on 2 hours sleep didn't cut it this year. :sleeping:

And I would have worn earmuffs when I was waiting in line at Kohl's. Except I wouldn't have gone to Kohl's if I could do it again because the luggage I wanted totally wasn't worth the trip!

i agree, im all about the shipping charges...anything w/o free shipping feels like such a waste to me

Yeah. I'm "frugal" or a cheap ass, whatever you call it these days.

If I can save $20 shipping by buying local I'll get in my car and drive there. If it's a BF door buster, that's a different story. Ask yourself, how much is your time/sanity worth to you? Are you going to wait in line for 4 hours in cold and fight everyone else for a $0.99 can of spam? I didn't think so :g_dance: