Is it me or does the ads really HORRIBLE this year

jesusluvu

Man, The last few years have really been going down hill but for me this year is the worst. The deals are just not there to me this year. Maybe they have some surprise insert that will be in the paper or something. Don't get me wrong there are a couple of things that I want to get and I WILL GET THEM - But nothing just over the top , got to have this year. :crash:

I so agree with you. I have even compared some things and I see them more $$ than last year. Does not look like I will be camping out this year... :mad:

I am looking for a laptop and a 10" tablet and so far not really thrilled with the prices.

Man, The last few years have really been going down hill but for me this year is the worst. The deals are just not there to me this year. Maybe they have some surprise insert that will be in the paper or something. Don't get me wrong there are a couple of things that I want to get and I WILL GET THEM - But nothing just over the top , got to have this year. :crash:

i agree, things are looking pretty lackluster this year. i see a few things im interested in, but nothing worth staying up all night and fighting crowds for. also, is it just me or has prices gone up this year??

kohls was especially disappointing. everything requires mail in rebates. i dont have time to mess with those....let alone i wouldn't remember.

I am disappointed somewhat in the ads, but I also found a few things that I am impressed with.

I am really disappointed in the video game area. I am hoping that they have better sales on the Xbox 360 w/kinect before BF. Last year they were 199 with a 50 GC. This year at Walmart it is 229 (online only). It is on sale for 199 at Target though, so I may try to PM at Walmart.

I think we have seen all the major store adds and I don't know that there is any reason for me to go out. I'm kinda sad that the new ipod touch got completly overlooked... unless you want to camp at Best Buy for days. My husband may pic out a laptop and a tv that he wants but he can

camp for those. I always love BF shopping but I guess I just don't need/want the things I need to for this to be a hit year....sigh.

i am not that impressed either, I have been shopping all year and beat most of the prices I see in the ads. It really isn't a bargain to buy a cheap no name product that probably won't last more than a few months or after 1 use ( small appliances.)

Well, that Walmart ad looks good. I like <$100 32" TVs and <$300 50" Tvs. We're a little spoiled. Lots of sales online. As for comparing prices to last year, check the gas pump or your grocery store receipt. Inflation happens when you inject $1,000,000,000,000 dollars into a $15,000,000,000,000 economy. If you don't like the deals, just move on. The rest if us are having fun filling our homes with amazing TVs and computers! Edited by len_mullen
typo

I am really disappointed in the video game area. I am hoping that they have better sales on the Xbox 360 w/kinect before BF. Last year they were 199 with a 50 GC. This year at Walmart it is 229 (online only). It is on sale for 199 at Target though, so I may try to PM at Walmart.

Thats the only thing I am looking for, for my grandson. I was really hoping for it to be cheaper than last year. Even for my kids, they all have their own TV's, phones, game systems, etc, etc. They don't need anything, and when they do, they buy it themselves. We have no idea what to get them, and they are no help with ideas.

I'm still holding out for TRU. I'm mostly in the market for toys so I'm hoping something from my list will be in their ad. I don't think the other ads were disappointing or anything, just nothing I'm looking for was on sale at those stores. I'll still drop by those stores on BF, but definitely won't be waiting in line for hours.

For me the ads/doorbusters could never be good enough to warrant skipping Thanksgiving to stand in line. The horrible store hours solidified the fact that the stores couldn't even pay me to stand in line this year and miss spending the holidays with my family. So I guess I went into seeing the ads with my mind made up. I'll wait on Amazon for the movie deals and try at 4am on Friday morning and see what's left. Anything that I don't get on BF, I will wait and see for the weekly ads leading up to Christmas and if I have to pay a little more, then I will.

for me, I think that my disappointment in the ads is coming from the fact that I used to scour the ads for toys. This year, my kids have reached an age where they don't really play with toys all that much anymore :( And since American Girl Doll (they've never had one, but will this year) doesn't mark down their dolls...... I have to look through the ads again. Not as a sad mommy whose kids are growing up, but as a mom who is looking for older kid stuff.....

for me, I think that my disappointment in the ads is coming from the fact that I used to scour the ads for toys. This year, my kids have reached an age where they don't really play with toys all that much anymore :( And since American Girl Doll (they've never had one, but will this year) doesn't mark down their dolls...... I have to look through the ads again. Not as a sad mommy whose kids are growing up, but as a mom who is looking for older kid stuff.....

I agree with you. My four kids are all at the point where all they want are electronics which cost more than toys so that means a lot less presents under the tree this year. And now my kids also want cash or gift cards so I can't even enjoy buying them clothes.

I agree with you. My four kids are all at the point where all they want are electronics which cost more than toys so that means a lot less presents under the tree this year. And now my kids also want cash or gift cards so I can't even enjoy buying them clothes.

I can still get away with clothes...... but for how long?!? At least I can buy clothes for dolls, LOL!!! They both do competitive cheer, and so toys are "lame" now. They want electronics, and honestly, even when playing with toys, they're cheering with them! LOL! I can get away with Legos, they still play with those. sometimes, lol

I too think they are awful and I ALWAYS find something I want..... I had just commented in another thread that I'm usually finishing up by now and leaving bf for my last shopping day (unless I see something I just have to have!) but this year I've only got 1 thing; 30 lbs of legos for $25 - that was a SCORE!!!!

Well, that Walmart ad looks good. I like <$100 32" TVs and <$300 50" Tvs. We're a little spoiled. Lots of sales online. As for comparing prices to last year, check the gas pump or your grocery store receipt. Inflation happens when you inject $1,000,000,000,000 dollars into a $15,000,000,000,000 economy. If you don't like the deals, just move on. The rest if us are having fun filling our homes with amazing TVs and computers!

I don't think the ads are horrible. I do think that Wal-mart is dominating this year and of the ads currently posted I don't see a need to shop elsewhere. I don't even see anything I need to pricematch. Wal-mart will be getting the bulk of my black friday dollars this year however. I'm hoping the Amazon sales are as good this year as they were last year - that would make this season even better!

I have never missed a Black Friday and every year there is something I stand in line for, until this year. It's pretty sad that the ONLY thing I will go for are the $4 sweatshirts at Walmart for DH for work LOL... Unless I can find them for the same price online between now and then that is, then I won't be going at all.

I agree also....kinda disappointing on the sales and the times are frustrating! Maybe the stores will follow Brads site and do better next year! Put the times back to the

ole" school times! I will be trying Walmart at 8pm, but then I might just wait till I feel like leaving my warm bed and go out and see what deals I can find after three am...at least that will give me some kind of accomplishment! :tongue1:

Sad fact is...black Friday has grown by leaps and bounds every year so the stores don't have to have as great of deals as they used to because they don't cater to us diehards anymore. It's now so mainstream that the "deals" sound great to the average shopper.