Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

There is a Pandigital Nova online that is on sale for $49.99. Anyone know if its worth it or not? Would be getting 2. One for my 16yr old to take notes at school, facebook, etc. and the other for my 2yr old, so she will quit screaming for my Kindle Fire. She would play baby games and watch cartoons.

There is a Pandigital Nova online that is on sale for $49.99. Anyone know if its worth it or not? Would be getting 2. One for my 16yr old to take notes at school, facebook, etc. and the other for my 2yr old, so she will quit screaming for my Kindle Fire. She would play baby games and watch cartoons.

Not worth it.

Not worth it.

I agree. Especially not for the 16yo. My mom got one and returned it the next day. It didn't do/play the things she and the grandkids wanted it to. She got a Galaxy Tab 2 and they all love it, she was much happier with it. One thing to make sure is that it will have access to the Google Play store. The Pandigitals do not. There are other ways to get apps, but that's where the main ones "live".

I picked up a cheapy tablet. I am actually pleased with it. $74.99

http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek%C2%AE-Tablet-Android-Capacitive-Battery/dp/B007QQSQFW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1350426603&sr=8-2&keywords=agptek+a9

It has the dual core processor (A9) and it has ran everything I have thrown at it. I did get the amazon app store loaded on it too. It does say that it is 4GB of storage, but after the operating system, etc. It really only has 2GB. It does have an SD card slot tho. It is slow to boot up, but after that it is fairly smooth. Excellent deal for a cheapo no name brand.

If you want a branded one, go for the Nexus 7. It is $199 at the Google Play store. It is the fastest 7" tablet on the market currently.

Alright I am confused a bit. My daughter has a ipod touch, school mini laptop and a older kindle. Which tablet should I get her. My son is 12 has none of those above. He wants to get on facebook, utube, play games. Which one for him. Thank you for your help. I am leaning on kindle fire hd for both of them.

This is an awesome tablet from Newegg. I have 3. Over 8 hrs straight movie playing. $79.99 with coupon code.

Iview 756TPC Cortex-A8 1GHz 7" 1GB Memory 4GB Flash Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Tablet $20 off w/ promo code EMCJNJD236, ends 10/22

Here is the link. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0N6-002R-00001&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL101612&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL101612-_-EMC-101612-Index-_-Tablets-_-0N6-002R-00001-L028D

All I have to say about all these cheap off brand tablets is make sure you can get the Google Play Store on it. A friend bought one, after being told she could, and couldn't get the Google Store. Pretty much useless if you can't get it. I personally don't trust any of those super cheap tablets.

Just saw this. If it is true the the Google Nexus just got even better...

32GB Nexus 7 surfaces on Staples' business portal, roughly matches 16GB model's price

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/16/32gb-nexus-7-staples-advantage/

What appears to be a 32GB Nexus 7 has already been spotted in Japan, and now a screenshot reveals that the slate has been listed on Staples' business-centric storefront. Staples Advantage pegs the tablet at $248.37, placing it on par with the current 16GB model. If a Nexus 7 with beefed-up storage and a price tag similar to the one above does materialize, Google could put one of the current models on the chopping block to maintain its two SKU offering. The retailer also lists an October 18th availability date, but we're not holding our breath for such a quick reveal.

I think its supposed to be announced next week...

I was 1/2 AWAKE when I heard on the early early early morning show that Apple was going to release a MINI IPAD 7 INCHES... "soon" anyone know anything about this... if its chance something tells me that it won't be less than 400 bucks.

I was 1/2 AWAKE when I heard on the early early early morning show that Apple was going to release a MINI IPAD 7 INCHES... "soon" anyone know anything about this... if its chance something tells me that it won't be less than 400 bucks.

Yup they are having an event on Oct 23rd. It's supposedly going to be between $200-300.

Knowing the way Apple works I would think this will be over $300. They tend to be on the expensive side. I am waiting to see what they announce. Last year I got my DS his Asus Transformer 10inch tablet for $249 and DD Acer Iconia 10inch tablet for $199 so I am hoping to get one for me in that price range... THe Asus I camped outside BB for I am not sure if it could be purchased if you are a Silver Reward Member when they do the early buys for them (This year I a am Silver Reward member :eyepoppin but the Acer for my DD I ordered online and picked up at Kmart BF afternoon... I am hoping I wont have to camp out.

BUT you think it'll be too $$$ for me (over 250) ?

I'm thinking the mini iPad will go for 299 or 350...you can get an ipad2 for 399 right now so they would be sacrificing their own sales if they did that. I think 299 or 350 puts them closer to the lower priced tablets while still being able to justify the price of the regular sized iPad.

I bought 3 of the Pandigital tablets for my grandkids. Not that model but similar. On cnet, they said they are the best of the cheap tablets. I wouldnt' buy one for the 16, but for the 2 year old I would. My grand son loved his. So I bought 2 more for his sisters. They have access to the google store just fine. It is a great tablet and had a 139 price tag before the price was reduced to 49. It's a good tablet for a kid.

This is an awesome tablet from Newegg. I have 3. Over 8 hrs straight movie playing. $79.99 with coupon code.

Iview 756TPC Cortex-A8 1GHz 7" 1GB Memory 4GB Flash Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Tablet $20 off w/ promo code EMCJNJD236, ends 10/22

Here is the link. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0N6-002R-00001&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL101612&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL101612-_-EMC-101612-Index-_-Tablets-_-0N6-002R-00001-L028D

NewEgg has a $20 off promo code til 10/22 that you can get this for $80. :) Can you get google play or amazon marketplace?

Code: EMCJNJD236

I know absolutely nothing about tablets. So, please, help me out. I know you need access to the internet to load apps and to live stream. Do you have to have a data plan..like with a smartphone...or do you access the internet through wifi? Once apps have been loaded, do you need access to the internet to use them?

One kid wants an iPod, one wants an iPad....ages 9 & 7. They only want them for playing games, music and reading. I'm thinking about getting both a tablet which will cost less...maybe Kindle Fire??? We do not have wifi or router at home for them to access internet. I have a Kindle Touch 3G, but we don't have AT&T service so I have to go to a public hotspot or download books from my husband's computer which is installed with Verizon interent card.

Would it be a big waste of money to buy a tablet for them now? Sometime next year hubby is hoping to upgrade to a smartphone with a hotspot. Thanks fo any insight/help!!!

I'm thinking $299 or maybe $349 at most for the iPad mini. They want to be competitive, but I don't think it will be any lower. I'd be surprised.

I have heard the same thing. Why any one would pay 50% more for this over the Nexus is beyond me. I have also heard that the mini will not be nearly as powerful as the nexus. Simply amazing how apple has brained washed so many people into believing their products have some mystical advantage over the competition.

:confused:

I know absolutely nothing about tablets. So, please, help me out. I know you need access to the internet to load apps and to live stream. Do you have to have a data plan..like with a smartphone...or do you access the internet through wifi? Once apps have been loaded, do you need access to the internet to use them?

One kid wants an iPod, one wants an iPad....ages 9 & 7. They only want them for playing games, music and reading. I'm thinking about getting both a tablet which will cost less...maybe Kindle Fire??? We do not have wifi or router at home for them to access internet. I have a Kindle Touch 3G, but we don't have AT&T service so I have to go to a public hotspot or download books from my husband's computer which is installed with Verizon interent card.

Would it be a big waste of money to buy a tablet for them now? Sometime next year hubby is hoping to upgrade to a smartphone with a hotspot. Thanks fo any insight/help!!!

You would need to visit a public hotspot to download anything initially. Any time you wanted to download anything, you would need to go back to the public hotspot. You wouldn't be able to easily use your husband's computer to load apps on some of the cheaper tablets. After you get everything downloaded, they wouldn't be too bad. It really depends on how much trouble/inconvenience it is for you to visit the hotspots.

I have heard the same thing. Why any one would pay 50% more for this over the Nexus is beyond me. I have also heard that the mini will not be nearly as powerful as the nexus. Simply amazing how apple has brained washed so many people into believing their products have some mystical advantage over the competition.

:confused:

No one knows anything about the price or the hardware inside of the mini nor will they until the day it's released so up until that point it's all a guessing game. It confuses me how people can trash products they don't know much about because they're not out.

No one knows anything about the price or the hardware inside of the mini nor will they until the day it's released so up until that point it's all a guessing game. It confuses me how people can trash products they don't know much about because they're not out.

I know that I need one :) My daughter loves the Apple way of life. She has iphones, and MacBook Pro and wants an Ipad, but it's too big. She loves the size of my Samsung Galaxy Tab, but is confused by the OS, so I can't wait and am really excited for the Apple Mini :)

My husband made a good point today when I was debating the Kindle Fire/Nexus/iPad Mini - for us, its about our current usage. We currently each have iPhones 4S (provided by work), a 1st gen iPad, and an OLD iPhone. The kids have tons of their games on the iPad, so for us it would be expensive to rebuy those games, and the kids would have to rebuild their minecraft worlds, redo their accomplishments on the other games...

i hope that we can afford the mini for each of my boys... if not, we'll probably get the ipod touches for them.