Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

Well, from what I know, you can't read Nook books on a Kindle. It may be different on a Fire, since you can put apps on it, but I don't know for sure. If that's the case, then you will want to stick to the Nook, so you can keep your existing library. Or go with another Android tablet that you can put both Nook and Kindle books on.

You can read nook stuff on a fire.

One reason to get a Kindle over a Nook is that many libraries offer ebooks for Kindle from their websites. I checkout two books a week on my Kindle. I checked today to see if the program offered books for Nook, and it doesn't.

I thought that was just for the Kindle, not the Kindle app on the Fire?

You can borrow books from the library also for the Nook. You just have to choose Epub. Actually Libraries offered Epub books before they started offereing books for Kindle to borrow. I have been borrowing books at the library on my Nook for 3 years and I think Kindle started last year.

One reason to get a Kindle over a Nook is that many libraries offer ebooks for Kindle from their websites. I checkout two books a week on my Kindle. I checked today to see if the program offered books for Nook, and it doesn't.

The nook books were available first :) They are the Epub books. I personally wouldn't buy a fire or a nook tablet, but would get the Nexus7 or the Galaxy Tab 2 and put the Nook and Kindle app both on it and have the best of both worlds. I have a Tab2 and LOVE it, but I have had it since April. I would buy the Nexus 7 now if I didn't already have the Tab.

I have the Google Play store, and the Amazon App Store on it, both , also, with no trouble at all. I have a LOT of free apps LOL I also love the Play Stores frequent sales :)

I purchased this tablet for myself after playing with the kids Christmas tablets, (http://www.dhgate.com/sanei-n90-9-7-ips-screen-tablet-pc-android/p-ff808081331b17be01331edef31b36e1.html). It has been great for everything I've thrown at it. Plays movies, reads books and magazines, plays music, games, email, web surfing with wifi. What I would consider Great battery life (6 to 8 hrs straight). By the way, I only paid $168.96 for it on sale. It was delivered DHL in 5 days. I love it.

I thought that was just for the Kindle, not the Kindle app on the Fire?

I use the Kindle App on my Samsung Galaxy Tab to get library books. I currently have 9 out. Our library lets you put them on hold, then notifies you when they are "ready" and you have up to 21 days to keep them. I used the Kindle App on the Fire before I got the Tab.

I purchased this tablet for myself after playing with the kids Christmas tablets, (http://www.dhgate.com/sanei-n90-9-7-ips-screen-tablet-pc-android/p-ff808081331b17be01331edef31b36e1.html). It has been great for everything I've thrown at it. Plays movies, reads books and magazines, plays music, games, email, web surfing with wifi. What I would consider Great battery life (6 to 8 hrs straight). By the way, I only paid $168.96 for it on sale. It was delivered DHL in 5 days. I love it.

I personally don't buy no name electronics.

I use the Kindle App on my Samsung Galaxy Tab to get library books. I currently have 9 out. Our library lets you put them on hold, then notifies you when they are "ready" and you have up to 21 days to keep them. I used the Kindle App on the Fire before I got the Tab.

I did not know that. Thanks. I'll have to see if my library does that. I have the Kindle and Nook apps on my TouchPad. ;)

My library was just the opposite. I got the nook 2 years ago so that I could get books from my local library as I hate paying for books. Our library just added books for Kindle this year so now I could do either.

How does anyone feel about the ACER tablet on Hsn.com? It is the tsv.

It is 10.1 inch quadcore 16gb android? It is 359. -- Too much for me but I wanted to hear your opinions

Too much for me too. I haven't even researched tabs at that price. I'm looking for my kids. I've decided I'm getting them both Kindle Fires unless there is a BF deal on the Nexus.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

It is 10.1 inch quadcore 16gb android? It is 359. -- Too much for me but I wanted to hear your opinions

That is a really nice tablet, and looks like a pretty good price. It is more powerful than the less expensive tablets. 16gb is a good bit of space, so that's nice. And it has a card reader for extra if you need it.

Last year I got my DD the Acer A500 for $189 on BF so the price tag of $359 seems high. The regular price for the Acer A210 seems to be $299 so HSN is adding on a bit which I think they normally do. Good thing they do offer it in a type of layaway to help people pay for it.

DD loves her Acer and it has a great picture.

Last year while camping out at BB got a text about a deal on a tablet went to site and it was KMART of all places. I typed wrong it was $199 and in BB they had teh 7inch Acer for #189. I ordered online and picked up Friday afternoon. DD loves it. it was the 10inch Acer A500

I am hoping for another deal like that,,,

where did you get the 189 Acer, racerfan? BB?

Also, don't see the cheaper NEXUS on Amazon, just saw the 16GB when I was searching... and I read a new NEXUS is due 10-29 ? is that true? I am trying to get something around 200, not so sure about the KFire now... *sigh

I got the same Acer for $199 at Kmart last year for Hubby. He loves it and uses it all the time. I got one for myself last year at BB for $219, still a good deal. Mine was a 16GB and hubby was 8GB...I think. 10inch Acer A500 for both.

Last year while camping out at BB got a text about a deal on a tablet went to site and it was KMART of all places. I typed wrong it was $199 and in BB they had teh 7inch Acer for #189. I ordered online and picked up Friday afternoon. DD loves it. it was the 10inch Acer A500

I am hoping for another deal like that,,,

If you got the deal at Kmart for $199 it was the 16gb. I then put a microsd card in it so now she has 32gb.

I got the same Acer for $199 at Kmart last year for Hubby. He loves it and uses it all the time. I got one for myself last year at BB for $219, still a good deal. Mine was a 16GB and hubby was 8GB...I think. 10inch Acer A500 for both.

Has anyone heard about the new Nexus 7 coming out. It is 32gb and will be $249. The current 16gb will drop to $199 and I think they have discontinued the 8gb.

http://www.talkandroid.com/138062-office-depot-outs-32gb-nexus-7-for-24916gb-drops-to-199/

Yes racer that's what I read somewhere on another site BUT it gave no prices. Thanks for ur info. I'd go for 199 or 16 gb! U think it'd go for even less on Black Friday?

I have no idea. Last year there were 2 awesome deals on tablets one the high end Asus Transformer. I am hoping there will be a good deal. I want one for myself and would like a 10inch. I am thinking of this 7inch for DH for Xmas was going for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9inch but like this one alot more. I am looking at getting him the 32gb one.

Yes racer that's what I read somewhere on another site BUT it gave no prices. Thanks for ur info. I'd go for 199 or 16 gb! U think it'd go for even less on Black Friday?

Can anyone tell me anything about the Samsung tab? I'm looking at getting the 7" for my 10 year old.

I have the 7in Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Had it since May. My mom also has one, and we both like them. And I've noticed that the price has come down, so that's nice. My nieces and nephew (7-10 yo) all play great on it. It has lots of games they like, and it has held up to them, and has been easy to use.

It has front and back cameras, which not all tablets have. So you can take picture and video, and also skype (not sure if those are important for your use, but we use Skype). It also has a SD slot, so you can put SD memory cards in it if you want to take a lot of picture or video for a trip or something (this feature saved my son for a video project he had for school...).

Can anyone tell me anything about the Samsung tab? I'm looking at getting the 7" for my 10 year old.

I have it. I choose it over a Kindle, due to the fact Kindle blocks the free book programs. I am giving one to my mother in law and one to my daughter for Christmas.