Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Just buy the carseat that fits in your car the best, and that is the easiest for you to use. The strollers that come with carseats generally suck. They're big, bulky, and well, they suck.

I had a stroller/car seat combo for ds5 and I again bought Graco for dd 9 months. She has the pink car seat and pink stroller that match. I didn't go with that pack n play because it's much smaller than average. As far as carseats, would have to agree that you need to choose one that fits well in your car. I would choose the best rated one that you can possibly afford and if you call AAA, they can set you up for an appointment for them to check/properly install the seat. I'd have this done two weeks before your due date, so you need to call soon! Most hospitals won't let you leave without one. We have a 7 passenger Trailblazer and I didn't realize that the infant seat would be a problem until we got it home and tried to move the seat into it. She has to sit on the passenger side door in the middle row because of the big hump in the middle of the seat and has to use some of those pool tube things to keep the seat level. I've had two kids and never went through this much stress with my other cars!

DH gets paid on the 29th, so I'll plan to hit Target that weekend!

The strollers that come with carseats generally suck. They're big, bulky, and well, they suck.

Agreed, except for what we used for Beorn as a newborn through toddler. They're still made and I still think they are one of the mot innovative things I've ever seen.

Sit 'n Stroll

We used it from birth until he hit 40 lbs. I see they now have a new system specifically for infants, but IMO it's not necessary.

I love target's clearance especially unmarked deals. Don't forget to check meat. I was looking for meat to put in my spaghetti last week and saw some Italian sausage marked 1/2 off. I scanned it and it came up 0.00 so I picked up 3 packages. When I got to the register I was asked how much and said $.35 as it was 90% off and they accepted.

I love target's clearance especially unmarked deals. Don't forget to check meat. I was looking for meat to put in my spaghetti last week and saw some Italian sausage marked 1/2 off. I scanned it and it came up 0.00 so I picked up 3 packages. When I got to the register I was asked how much and said $.35 as it was 90% off and they accepted.

:::still wishing we had a Super Target with grocery in Gator Town:::

do you mean like the food ones? i looked last night because i really wanted some like the spices and foods!!!!! and could not find any on sale. I did see the christmas lights for 30% off.

sorry I should have quoted before, I was talking about the red box gift sets that had wine or martini glasses in them, that is discussed on the top of this page.

I just saw a bunch of toys that were clearanced 30%. It was really spread out. They had the glow in the dark magnadoodle, the new Fisher Price art board, the tiny Magnatex as well as a big boxed set, Some baby dolls, alot of Bratz dolls, Some of the blue box items. I did not see any other Fisher price but they were also out of alot of items. I hope this helped someone.

:( I went to my Target today and didn't find any of the blue box toys on clearance. The only Christmas on sale seemed like the outside decorations-trees, greenery and such. I also saw the red 'gift boxed' things for 50% off-it's not the food ones, these were in the housewares department-things like an asian style teapot with cups and sets of wine glasses. I was disappointed because I thought it was going to be the 'gift sets.' Oh well.

I was at Target today. I needed a few more gift bags. They had all the Christmas Tree's 75% off. The lights were 30% off, all other Christmas items were regular price.

Not holiday related, but they had these plus size spring/fall lined swing style coats. I liked them when they first came out, but they were $39.98. They had light tan, red, and navy. Today I found them on the clearance for $9.98. I was very happy.

The boxed giftsets were 75% off at my Target today. I picked up a set of 6 wine glasses regularly $20 for $5 today. This Target is slower than most, so markdowns typically are a day or 2 prior to other Targets.

I guess my Target is even slower than yours because the wine glasses were only 50% off by me.

was at our Target last night and didn't see any of these good deals here either :( Toy area is still packed with toys at the same prices, even the blue box specials were still on the regular shelves and full priced...went to holiday decor and the lights were 30% off, but that was it :( Ours is a regular Target, so no great food discounts either...

just a couple of days until the clearance begins!!!!!

Well now I'm feeling sorry for you guys! In our town of 285,000, we have 4 Targets and 12 Walmarts, and every little town around here has at least another walmart. :gdcar: Our Walmart should be having some great sales next week because the shelves are full. :2roller: Doesn't look like they've sold a thing. Target, on the other hand, has sold so much that the only thing they are discounting is trees...half price. I saw a few things at 30% off yesterday, but that's it. Kohls is another great store here, and we have 2 of those. Target and Kohls are cleaner, quieter, better organized, and your money goes much further there even before clearance. The only items they lack are electronics, and IMO the best deals there are online...from sales posted here! Just my 2 cents worth...:holiday01

The next set date for See Spot Save/The One Spot is December 31st, so expect it to clearance out in the very near future!

Thanks Becca! I want to oad up on those DVDs for trick-or-treat next year.

I thought I saw someone say in this forum that their Target 50% off clearance began Christmas Eve last year. Was I dreaming? Is that something that anyone else has seen happen?

:yup:

That happened mid-afternoon on the 24th at my Target last year. I don't know if it will happen again this year though.

My target didn't have much on clearance this morning. Just the outdoor Christmas decor and the trees and those red boxed gift sets of glasses and barware. I'm hoping that after Christmas I can rack up on some cheap toys and other items. Anyone know when the toy markdown goes to 75%?? Thanks!