Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

The Target here will tell you if you call. However, they are not always accurate. I called one year to ask what the discount was and she told me 50% off. When I got there at 2:00 it was marked 75% off. Someone will probably post the dates for the markdowns. I think it's usually 50% for at least 3 days.

Most seasonal markdowns at Target are 50% off for three days after the holiday, but the Chr-stmas mark down is usually dragged out longer. Some Targets have started doing a quicker mark down than in the past, so who knows this year?

For the past couple of years, 75% off has started around December 31 to January 2nd. I think it depends on when the Saturday after Chr-stmas is. I plan to start checking daily myself on the 30th, since I have not seen a definitive schedule posted for this year.

Since we're not celebrating FIL's holiday until he arrives tomorrow evening, I had a chance to sit down and see if I could find a pattern to the following information from KC-Traderbear (thanks again, BTW!).

At most store in KC, here was the holiday clearance schedule for the past 3 years... Always 50% off the day after Christmas (at least to my knowledge).

Pretty much the same in Gator Town, although last year the seasonal items went 50% off mid-afternoon on the 24th.

THEN, in 2003, stores here went to 75% on Jan. 2; in 2004 it was Jan. 1; and last year, it was Dec. 31st.

I believe you mean (after Chr-stmas 2003) 75% off began on January 2nd, 2004; on January 1st, 2005; and December 31st, 2005. So, those dates would translate to:

January 2nd, 2004 – Friday

January 1st, 2005 – Saturday

December 31st, 2005 – Saturday

It appears 75% off begins the weekend after Chr-stmas. I think in 2004, when it went on a Friday, that the markdowns kicked in mid-afternoon, but I may be remembering incorrectly. Based on that, unless we hear something definite somewhere, I would be at Target at opening both Friday, December 29th, and Saturday, December 30th, if it doesn’t go 75% off on Friday.

I may also swing by mid-afternoon on Friday, just in case it’s not 75% off at opening, but is lowered mid-day.

In 2003, stores here went to 90% on Jan 7; in 2004, it was Jan. 5; and last year, it was Jan. 6.

These should be January 7th, 2004; January 5th, 2005; and January 6th, 2006, I believe. These translate to:

January 7th, 2004 – Wednesday

January 5th, 2005 – Wedneday

January 6th, 2006 – Friday

Based on last year, I think Target may be trying to keep the merchandise at 75% off for a week before going 90% off. But they also kicked in the faster clearance schedule at some stores. I will be at Target at opening on Wednesday, January 3rd, but I am not expecting it to be 75% off that early. My guess is Friday, January 5th, based on the above schedule.

Please keep in mind, this is all conjecture on my part. I may be totally off base…

So, my guess would be:

50% off - December 26th, if it didn't already get marked down in the afternoon December 24th

75% off - December 29th or December 30th

90% off - possibly January 3rd or January 5th

I had the same question last year, so I actually went shopping on Dec 31 and it was still at 50%. I went back the following day, Jan 1, and it was then 75% off.

My Target still had tons of stuff when I shopped last Jan 1 (I got there EARLY)...lighted reindeer, lights, tons of wrapping paper, ornaments, etc.

They didn't have a bunch of Christmas trees left, so I would suggest maybe getting those at 50% off for the best selection.

GOOD LUCK!

My store was doing toy markdowns on Sunday. I'm not sure what the percentage was but I did see some for 50 and some for 30. Here's a short list of some items I saw that were on clearance:

Kool Toyz (which includes robots, fire trucks, doll sets, play food sets, doctor kits, dirt devil vacuums, electric keyboards, laptops)

Bratz Toys (I saw microphones as well as the actual dolls)

Preschool Toys (some sort of Weeble castle, little animals that make crinkly noises)

Stuffed animals

Some sort of Elmo toy

Backyardigans toys (chairs, figures, kits)

Dolls (strollers, triplets)

Superman toys

Batman toys

Large toy cars

Holiday Barbies

Leapster toys (not the computer toys.. these were games and such for smaller children)

I'll be working tomorrow morning so if I see anymore, I'll let you guys know. As for Christmas items, don't be surprised if they start at 50% off tomorrow in some stores. I know that my manager was talking about starting at 50.

blssed2bme-Target will not do an adjustment on Christmas items.

I'm thinking of buying a few Christmas decorations tomorrow. Does anyone know if Target will do price adjustments on their seasonal clearance items?

I doubt it. Last year I know they were not doing it because I bought something in the morning and my Sister (who works at Target) called me that night and told me it had gone from 50% to 75 %. They would not adjust wnen I went back the next morning even though there were more left. I ended up returning with my receipt and repurchasing.

Hi,

It seems to me (NJ Targets that the 75% always happen on the Sunday following the holiday), the 90% seems to be more random and occurs sometime during the week. Hope we all find good deals. Happy holidays to all and happy bargain hunting!

Well, now that I finally saw the ads for tomorrow, I'm second guessing myself. Too many stores are putting their holiday merchandise on 60% to 75% off starting tomorrow. I wonder if Target is going to follow suit...

I'll be working tomorrow morning so if I see anymore, I'll let you guys know. As for Christmas items, don't be surprised if they start at 50% off tomorrow in some stores. I know that my manager was talking about starting at 50.

If you should notice any Fly Pen software or accessories on clearance, could you please post?

Gator Pam, I don't know if you have one near to you, but a store that starts with a C and rhymes with Osco ;) put their Fly Pen bundles down to $49.97. That included the pen, charger, and Hello Kitty software+ photo album. AMAZING DEAL. I think they just did it Christmas Eve, but I'm not at all for sure on that. The pens alone go for $99. (I wasn't sure if I could talk about other stores in here, but since this is the only forum I post to, I thought I'd let you know.) I'm sorry if I've broken a rule!! :)

Thanks, KC-Traderbear! My sister and her husband sent Beorn a Fly Pen for Hanukah (the one without the charger base), and I was hoping to find the Notebook, Algebra software, and chager on clearance somewhere.

No Costco's around here at FIL's or Gator Town, that I know of...

BTW, if you haven't read the thread about Extra Care Bucks at CVS, you need to get over there. Crissy's a great teacher on a method of bargain shopping I had never heard of before she started that thread.

Re the 75%: I am in a part of NJ that is closed on Sundays-- think the 75% will be Sat -- my guess is they go Monday Jan 1... any insight?

Based on everything I wrote above from information on the past three years, I personally think 75% off will be Saturday, December 30th. But again, with other stores opening tomorrow with seasonal clearance already at 75% off, that could all change.

I just read in our paper that the sales from this past weekend 23rd/24th were not what retailers expected in terms of volume. "Analysts" were saying this week would be a big push for sales to drive up year end numbers. Of course there is probably some analyst out there that says just the opposite! LOL

The Target gremlins are probably checking in on this forum laughing their behinds off at us trying to "figure" it all out!! :rolleyes: