Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

mine has the FP infant to toddler stroller still for $62.48 I am hoping they might mark it down one more time. How long do they let it go before they usually mark down to 90% this has been at $62.48 for 4 weeks now just wondering if they will lower it again

At the Target I work at, they have already gone salvage (rings up at 0.00) and $62.48 or whatever it was the lowest it went.

At most store in KC, here was the holiday clearance schedule for the past 3 years... Always 50% off the day after Christmas (at least to my knowledge).

THEN, in 2003, stores here went to 75% on Jan. 2; in 2004 it was Jan. 1; and last year, it was Dec. 31st.

In 2003, stores here went to 90% on Jan 7; in 2004, it was Jan. 5; and last year, it was Jan. 6.

We have an ungodly number of Target stores in this city... many are newer stores in very new areas of the suburbs. They always have tons of holiday stuff left (for every holiday, not just Christmas). I don't know if that has anything to do with the markdown schedule or not. I just know that I don't really even pay attention to serious shopping until it's 75% off, and I still know that I will find lots and lots of stuff. I'm sure that will change as more people realize just how good the deals can get. (At least my husband hopes more people realize it, so that there isn't as much stuff for me to drag home and store!!) LOL

I think the baby clearance is about to gear up-I saw a couple of clearance items already-a crib and a dresser (sorry I didn't get a price, I didn't need either and I was in such a hurry last night). Wanted to give all the new and expectant moms out there a heads up. I've been holding off on buying any gear for baby-on-the-way in hopes that Target would have some great buys right after Christmas when the new stuff for 2007 starts rolling out!! If anybody sees a red sticker anywhere near a pack-n-play, please let me know!!

what % do the stroller car seat combo's usualy get marked down when they go clearance. Do they go really fast?:P

Just buy the carseat that fits in your car the best, and that is the easiest for you to use. The strollers that come with carseats generally suck. They're big, bulky, and well, they suck.

The plastic plates that have dividers and look like mini cafeteria plates are on clearance at our Target--around $2 each in a variety of colorful stripes/solids. My DD LOVED those when she was little--so I picked up a couple for the toddler next door whose Birthday is in March!

THe Memory Makers snowflake wreath and ornaments where $14 each--not a great discount from the original $20, but a cute gift idea if you need one....

They were setting the toy clearance aisle this morning at one of our Targets. Nothing is being stickered yet, but they are compiling the toys, and I'm sure that either later today or tomorrow they will start to mark at least some of the toys down to 30% off, which isn't always that big of a deal, but it's a start!!

They were setting the Kool Toyz (I think they are called)-- blue boxed stuff. I also saw lots of board games. They were just starting, so it made me think that the marks probably won't happen until tomorrow. There were a lot of workers scanning stuff and getting backstock on the shelves. I know that last year it was right before Christmas that the toys started to be clearanced that's what makes me think it will happen this week. But, then I'm no genie, so maybe this year will be different! (I am in Overland Park, and Target hop between about 9 Targets-- all within 15 minutes of my house.) Although, 30% is really nothing to shout about. A lot of times, you can get 30% during the Christmas season in their regular ads. The real popular Christmas toys aren't always part of the initial markdown, so I wouldn't run out and drive any extended way to get to a Target for 30% off on Toys. I've sold on ebay for 3 years now during the 6-7 weeks before Christmas based off my stash from the previous Christmas. I just can't do it next year though. I had my third baby last Jan. and it is tooooo time consuming with 3 kiddos. It's an incredibly profitable thing to do if you have the time though. You wouldn't believe how much money mommies and daddies shell out for hard to find toys!!

I was doing some last minute shopping at our Target tonight. I noted that the instruments were 50% off. Also, I saw some of the baby furniture marked down, but can't remember the price. I saw some other things on clearnace, like the Christmas homewares, but I didn't really need a spice rack or martini set so I can't remember the price. I think they were marked down pretty good. I bought a Shark iron for $13 (reg $19).

I can't wait for the good clearance prices to start! I like an hour and a half from the nearest Target!!!