Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I just went to my SuperTarget tonight to buy the Pepsi on sale and did a little perimeter perusing while I was there. My mom just rolled her eyes, LOL. Well I did happen to find the SAME power ranger set I bought for 30% off yesterday at my regular Target for 50% off today at that SuperTarget. I went ahead and bought one and will go back and return the more expensive set tomorrow. That is basically all I have found recently.

I went to Target this morning when they opened and they only had one Baby Alive left on the shelf, when I went yesterday afternoon they had three. I was the first one in line this morning so I hurried over to the toy dept. and she was the only one left. No rain checks can be given.

I got a raincheck for one today so I'd double check with the store about that. Also, the store I went to said they get trucks every Monday, Wed. and Friday and to call each day to see if it's in and they will hold one for me. Maybe yours will do the same???

I found a Kawasaki 9" portable DVD player on clearance tonight. It was marked original price 179.99 on clearance for 89.99. Scanned it and it came up $0.00. Tried to talk cashier into $44.98 but she called manager. They said it would have to be $89.99 even though it was no longer in the system. I didn't buy it. Will check back later and see if it comes down more.

I'm sure that either the manager or employee got a great deal after you left. BUMMER!

I'm sure that either the manager or employee got a great deal after you left. BUMMER!

Agree with you. Thats why the say dont call around asking for things that are on clearance etc, the store employee will tell you NO and get the great deal for themselves.

It will never happen at Target when an item scans 0.00 though. That is their own corporate method of catching items that should not be on the sales floor. They will try to look up the last known selling price at Guest Services, if they decide to sell you the item. Sometimes you can suggest a low ball price to the cashier and if it sounds reasonable to them, they will ring it up at that price. This happens a lot to me when a seasonal item that went 90% off the week before goes salvage and rings 0.00. If I tell the cashier that the item was 90% off on clearance the previous week, they do usually accept my word for it.

But then, I am known at my local Target for being a perimeter peruser and finding the deals. :giggle:

I got the Spiderman ready-bed tent for free at Target after it rang up $0.00. My Target didn't have it on the shelves when everyone was finding it on clearance, then afterwards, when it was scanning at 0.00, it was on the shelves. I grabbed one, scanned it twice to be sure, brought it up, scared that I wouldn't be allowed to buy it lol, it rang up and the cashier was paying no attention, so she never said a word. The next week when I went back, the tent was back to it's original price of $29.99.

I got the Spiderman ready-bed tent for free at Target after it rang up $0.00. My Target didn't have it on the shelves when everyone was finding it on clearance, then afterwards, when it was scanning at 0.00, it was on the shelves. I grabbed one, scanned it twice to be sure, brought it up, scared that I wouldn't be allowed to buy it lol, it rang up and the cashier was paying no attention, so she never said a word. The next week when I went back, the tent was back to it's original price of $29.99.

Interesting!

I think the cash registers at the Target I frequent stop scanning items completely if an item scans at 0.00.

Sometimes an item that scans 0.00 at the floor scanners comes up with a price when scanned at the registers. Did you see the 0.00 come up as it as rung up, or double check your receipt? Did it ring up at 0.00 at the register and still continued ringing up your other items?

Seems to me a good strategy might be to always purchase any 0.00 items with other items? It would seem that it would be much more likely the cashier wouldn't notice a single item out of others vs having the complete transaction come up 0. So pick up a few others things while your there, trying to purchase a single 0.00 item just seems to be asking for it to be an issue.

Seems to me a good strategy might be to always purchase any 0.00 items with other items? It would seem that it would be much more likely the cashier wouldn't notice a single item out of others vs having the complete transaction come up 0. So pick up a few others things while your there, trying to purchase a single 0.00 item just seems to be asking for it to be an issue.

You have to watch carefully with that though. it could work against you too. i had a clear plastic placemat with Princess written on it that wrang up at 0.00. the cashier noticed that the register wasn't moving forward in the transaction and ended up pressing random buttons until it wrang up with the price of the item i had purchased ahead of it 9.99. of course i pointed it out to her, becuase the mat was probably 1.99 to begin with.

Interesting!

I think the cash registers at the Target I frequent stop scanning items completely if an item scans at 0.00.

Sometimes an item that scans 0.00 at the floor scanners comes up with a price when scanned at the registers. Did you see the 0.00 come up as it as rung up, or double check your receipt? Did it ring up at 0.00 at the register and still continued ringing up your other items?

Yeah, it scanned at the scanners at 0.00 (did it twice to be sure); scanned 0.00 at the register; it did not display on the receipt (so this could be bad if you set of the detectors leaving the store).

It was the last item that was rung up in my purchase, so it didn't stop the register from scanning the remaining items since there were none.

thats a great deal!:gdthums: Wish I could find one like that here!:bigcry:

YAY! I went to target in search of the $21 cuddle chimp (they were all gone, but got a raincheck!), saw a Fisher Price I can play piano (2 of them) sitting in what looked like a stockcart...picked one up and scanned it...$65!!! AWESOME!!! Of course I bought it...and the last Lucky puppy ($45...hoping it goes on sale soon), and the my little pony castle for $49.99 w/$15 gift card...I figured for $35 Santa could get it :)

I have a question...I have a raincheck for 2 of the V Audio rockers that are 59.99 but were on sale for 33.00 on their 2 day sale after Thanksgiving. I have been calling everyday and asking if they got any in, but they always say no. I try to give them the item # on my reciept, but the operator just says, "just tell me the item and price and I can tell you"..so I say, "the V Audio rockers that were on sale for 33.00 after Tday". Should i be saying that? Or should I ask for the department they are found in and ask someone there? Should I say I have a raincheck on them? My rain check is good till Jan. 7th I think..but I'd hate to think they are snagging them up before I can even get my two. I want to complete my girls Santa gift for Xmas, they are getting a gamecube with 7 games and these would complete the gift set. Just want to know what I should be saying when I call. I'd drive and check everyday..but Target is 35miles away from me.

I'd advise you to call Target and ask for the Furniture dept and speak with someone who actually works that area because I would think they would know better than the operator if the V Rockers are there.

I purchased one of those for my BF but I had to get a person who worked in that area because everyone else said they were sold out. But they had more in the backroom and no everyone was as helpful as they could have been.

Interesting!

My target also stops you from ringing another item if an item scans at 0.00 at the register, but I never though of putting it on the belt last. lol

Also if you do set off the sensors going out the door, have them check the security footage to be sure you had it on the register.

I found a Kawasaki 9" portable DVD player on clearance tonight. It was marked original price 179.99 on clearance for 89.99. Scanned it and it came up $0.00. Tried to talk cashier into $44.98 but she called manager. They said it would have to be $89.99 even though it was no longer in the system. I didn't buy it. Will check back later and see if it comes down more.

I have had the same thing happen to me at Target. My husband used to work at Target and told me that it was the store policy to sell an item that ran up as 0.00 but had a clearance tag price for the price on the clearence tag. :(

I always peel the sale price part off on the red sticker when it scans 0.00. Then I find someone with a price gun and have them scan it for me. It they still can't find the price, I always get it for 75% off the original price that's still showing from the red sticker.

I always peel the sale price part off on the red sticker when it scans 0.00. Then I find someone with a price gun and have them scan it for me. It they still can't find the price, I always get it for 75% off the original price that's still showing from the red sticker.

I do the same, although I don't always get the item for 75% off. I sure do try to, though!

:gdsign1: Post #2600!!

My target also stops you from ringing another item if an item scans at 0.00 at the register, but I never though of putting it on the belt last. lol

Also if you do set off the sensors going out the door, have them check the security footage to be sure you had it on the register.

It just happened to be the last item she grabbed to ring up, so I guess I got real lucky then lol.

Be careful not to get caught peeling off price stickers. Many retailers will kick you out of the store or ban you permanently if they catch you removing price tags, and in many municipalities you can be arrested for the removal of price tags (it falls under the "Intent to defraud" charge).

My target had some motorola phones marked down from 100 to 29.98. Also those Autographed Electric Guitars (Fallout Boy, All American Rejects) $169 (was $199) Nothing else caugh my eye. I did see where they are putting the clearance end cap back in my toy department. Ugh hurry up with the clearance, I cant take much more of this waiting. :bonk: