What are the HOT toys for this year?

ChristmasShopping

"Searches for the popular collectible Japanese erasers called Iwako erasers shaped like cute animals, fruits and vegetables are getting stronger on Google. "

Wat? How are those popular in the USA? Of all the things here in Japan the weird erasers are popular?

Have you seen these...they are pretty cool..they come completely apart and walmart has them for 1.00

My boys got pillow pets last year for Christmas, and while I was a little put off by the price, I got them anyway because they kept asking for them. They use them all the time. I made them fleece blankets to match and they pull them both out almost everynight to lay and watch TV on the floor. I got one DS the monkey (he has a jungle themed room) and the other a Dolphin (he has a shark/ocean themed room). They wash up nicely too.

As far as the Sing-a-majigs, I saw them yesterday in Target and they are CUTE. I want one for myself. LOL!

DIFFENETLY Squinkies, Zoobles and Monster High will be hot. I went to ToysRUs, Target & Walmart this weekend. I figured I get it now to beat the Holiday demand. Squinkies are totally SOLD OUT!!!!!!! THIS IS SEPTEMBER!!!! :eyepoppin I was SHOCKED!! There were plenty of Zoobles & Monster High. They are sold out on-line also. If anyone has any tips to find them please pass it along to me.:smirk:

Ok, I retract my statement that I will not be bringing Sing-a-ma-jigs into my house. Ever since my 9 year old daughter and I spent some time at the store playing with them, she has been asking for them. So I picked up all 6 currently available colors for my girls at Christmas. When I was at the store buying them I couldn't help playing with them awhile before I hit the checkout. But I stand by my statement they are creepy looking lol.

I also play with the Sing-a-ma-jigs harmonizing here:

http://www.thesingamajigs.com/landing.aspx

They are available at the stores but seem to currently OOS just about everywhere online.

OKay, I'm pretty quiet on the boards, but an avid shopper for three boys (10, 8, 6). My prediction for this age group is as follows: Harry Potter Legos, Harry Potter Legos, and oh yeah, Harry Potter Legos. Let's not forget the new Harry Potter Wii game that will be released on November 19th (to coincide with the movie, of course). Right now these are pre-order only, and TRU has them buy 2 get 1 free which equals to 33% off. The most TRU usually sales legos at is 25%, so this is a pretty good deal. Loading my cart up as we speak:D

Oh, I think you can get free shipping right now from TRU also, which is much better than the OUTRAGEOUS shipping that Lego.com charges. I am being charged $14.95 for shipping on Lego.com for the Brickmaster 2010 set and Pre-Order of Lego Universe. Stupid high. It's not like they are actually shipping this from Sweden for goodness sakes.

Edited by Shoprgyrl
spelling error

I was just at BJ's Wholesale club (like Costco/Sam's) and they have the 4 pack (I think it was 4?) in stock.

Edited to add: Well, I guess I should have ready your entire post. D'oh! :blush: You did say that you saw them in stock. I also saw them at Target.

Ok, I retract my statement that I will not be bringing Sing-a-ma-jigs into my house. Ever since my 9 year old daughter and I spent some time at the store playing with them, she has been asking for them. So I picked up all 6 currently available colors for my girls at Christmas. When I was at the store buying them I couldn't help playing with them awhile before I hit the checkout. But I stand by my statement they are creepy looking lol.

I also play with the Sing-a-ma-jigs harmonizing here:

http://www.thesingamajigs.com/landing.aspx

They are available at the stores but seem to currently OOS just about everywhere online.

I was just at BJ's Wholesale club (like Costco/Sam's) and they have the 4 pack (I think it was 4?) in stock.

Edited to add: Well, I guess I should have ready your entire post. D'oh! :blush: You did say that you saw them in stock. I also saw them at Target.

See, available in a lot of stores. Why would they sell out everywhere online and still be so readily available in stores? Are there that many people that don't live close to a store or are there a lot of lazy people? :g_think:

See, available in a lot of stores. Why would they sell out everywhere online and still be so readily available in stores? Are there that many people that don't live close to a store or are there a lot of lazy people? :g_think:

I tried looking on bjs.com for the singamajigs and can't find them. I don't live close to a store.

Try amazon.com they have tons up

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YP7YOI/175-5569938-2091467

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41OAeDkZHVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg $69.29 For 4

That is expensive, $17.32 each! They retail for $12.99 and even TRU sells them at retail. Plus that is a 3rd party seller, or re-seller.

I guess I should restate that the Sing-a-ma-jigs appear to be currently sold out on-line for retail prices. But they are available from Ebay and Amazon re-sellers at inflated prices.

Jasmine35 - There are 6 new colors to be released soon (rumor has it this fall) and I imagine TRU will be the first to get them. I'd suggest to keep checking their site. Last holiday season WM was way behind in the game with the Zhu Zhu pets and newer colors/merchandise. There was that influx the last couple weeks right before x-mas and while other stores were getting new stuff, WM could barley stock the older stuff. And it was still months before new colors showed up on their shelves. It would not surprise me if the Sing-a-ma-jigs in orange, purple, and soon to be released colors don't make an appearance at WM before x-mas. Now maybe they learned their lesson and now order better, but I'm not holding my breath. Zhu Zhu hunting nightmares... no, I'm not bitter. LOL

I picked up two Sing-a-ma-jigs on Saturday from TRU (kids wants these and I’m not going to kill myself looking for them closer to Christmas). There was none on the shelf so I asked an associate, he found two boxes. Make sure you ask them to check the back; I wonder why they are not putting out hot selling items.

Jasmine35 - There are 6 new colors to be released soon (rumor has it this fall) and I imagine TRU will be the first to get them. I'd suggest to keep checking their site. Last holiday season WM was way behind in the game with the Zhu Zhu pets and newer colors/merchandise. There was that influx the last couple weeks right before x-mas and while other stores were getting new stuff, WM could barley stock the older stuff. And it was still months before new colors showed up on their shelves. It would not surprise me if the Sing-a-ma-jigs in orange, purple, and soon to be released colors don't make an appearance at WM before x-mas. Now maybe they learned their lesson and now order better, but I'm not holding my breath. Zhu Zhu hunting nightmares... no, I'm not bitter. LOL

Do you happen to know what new colors are coming? I am wondering if I should wait on the new colors...

Do you happen to know what new colors are coming? I am wondering if I should wait on the new colors...

I have not heard anything about what the new colors might be. Anyone want to make a prediction? I predict there will probably be a green one...

After reading through parts of this thread, I had to research and check out these: Sing-A-ma-jig

They are interesting to say the least. However, after looking online trying to find them, and seeing the varying prices, and lots of 'out-of-stock' - it appears to me that yes, this will probably be the HOT item like ZhuZhu's were last year.

Which I then thought, hmmm, how many times did my youngest dd9 play with her ZhuZhu's? Let me count for ya: Christmas Day, on her birthday Jan 7 when she received another one as a gift, and then 1 other time. So three times - ya sorry, but I'm not buying into the craze for these new ones this year. Call me crazy I guess.