What are the HOT toys for this year?

ChristmasShopping

i saw those today too, and i don't get it, give your kid some cardboard and markers and let them at it, they would probally have more fun making thier own.

These do actually play music when you strum them.....my boys and my husband thought they were awesome...I was like :shock: I mean we have 3 REAL electric guitars, 2 acustic guitars, 3 PS3 guitars and 2 WII guitars but you want cardboard guitars??? They are pretty cool but IMO they are also OVERPRICED

These do actually play music when you strum them.....my boys and my husband thought they were awesome...I was like :shock: I mean we have 3 REAL electric guitars, 2 acustic guitars, 3 PS3 guitars and 2 WII guitars but you want cardboard guitars??? They are pretty cool but IMO they are also OVERPRICED

oh ok, didn't know they actually played music, honestly didn't look that hard just thought it was insane and moved on

Ok, went to Walmart tonight. They had plenty of Zoobles and Squinkies. I was only going to get the Zoobles for DD for xmas but those Squinkies are wicked cute! ;) They only had the 2 pack of Monster High dolls. TONS of Zhu Zhu Pets. I don't think they will be popular this year, they have way too many. And I didn't see the Paper Jamz anywhere. :)

Has anyone else seen the woodzeez sets......they are just like the Sullivan families from when I was a kid, Walmart had them the other day, I almost bought the whole set bc I am not sur ehow hot of an item this will be.....Any thoughts?

I saw them too and thought they were cute, but I am not sure how hot of an item it will be. Walmart is the only place I have see them.

Has anyone else seen the woodzeez sets......they are just like the Sullivan families from when I was a kid, Walmart had them the other day, I almost bought the whole set bc I am not sur ehow hot of an item this will be.....Any thoughts?

This is actually very similiar to the calico critters I have been looking to buy my niece. I dont see them online anywhere but ebay and amazon marketplace. Did they have all of them at walmart? Is this a newer toy and thats why it is nowhere else or an older toy they are fading out? Does anyone know? Im gonna have to go to walmart now and check it out =)

This is actually very similiar to the calico critters I have been looking to buy my niece. I dont see them online anywhere but ebay and amazon marketplace. Did they have all of them at walmart? Is this a newer toy and thats why it is nowhere else or an older toy they are fading out? Does anyone know? Im gonna have to go to walmart now and check it out =)

I think this a newer toy. I don't remember seeing them before and they are similar to the calico critters. I have only seen them at Walmart here in Chesapeake VA. Good luck getting them.

squinkies i belive are just tiny figures. target had a display case but none for sale, but they did have zoobles and monster high single and double packs. If I were a doll person would need to have the monster high doll with the bat:) was tempted to get a zooble for bff daughter but didn't want to pay full price and have tons of stuff for her already. Walgreens had a whole paper jams display.

I was at Walmart today and all the Zooble single packs were gone. Not sure how many of the larger sets they stocked the shelves with, but there were only a couple of each. They had a few Squinkie items left, but I could tell those had been very picked over also. I ended up grabbing a small play set of Squinkies for my 8 year old DD as a little surprise, and she absolutely LOVES them! (I got her the crown that comes with three figures) I was a little surprised at how much she liked them (although they are rather cute- much more so in person than what I saw online), and now a little worried because she wants more for Christmas! (and my other DD wants Zoobles) I really hope these aren't going to be impossible to find for the holidays. I guess I'll just send my hubby back to Walmart tonight and hope they still have some left.

I've got the X-Mas bug and reading through this thread has not helped! LOL

DD 9 has said in the past couple weeks that she likes Squinkies. Looking them up on-line we did come across Zoobles but we didn't realize they are similar to Bakugans. She loves her brothers Bakugans so I will definitely be getting her some Zoobles for Christmas. Thanks to Mom2Monkies and others for the heads up on those! DD also wants more Polly Pockets.

DD 4 is the only one who still loves the Zhu Zhu's they got last X-Mas (ahh ZZ hunting....good times). She is now asking for the Furry Frenzies. I think the FF play set is a much better idea than ZZ system. DD will be getting Furry Frenzies for Christmas. A big thanks to Rose0426 for the FF Ladybug offer!!

DS 6 wants Lego's and a Morphibians remote control car. Those cars look cool http://www.amazon.com/Kid-Galaxy-Morphibians-Control-Vehicle/dp/B0009ICKBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1283758337&sr=1-1

DS 7 wants the Nerf Big Bad Bow and more Bakugans. Pretty easy.

I have to tone things way down this year. Probably 2-3 gifts per kid and hopefully a couple laptops for the the family depending on what kind of BF deals we find.

Paper Jamz seem really cool put a bit pricey imo.

At Walmart today the Squinkies play set collection was different from what I saw last week and not many of them left. On closer inspection I prefer the Squinkies over Zoobles now. The Zoobles are a larger play set and if we didn't already have many Polly Pocket and LPS play sets around the house I would probably be more interested in them. But the Squinkies and their smaller play sets are much more appealing to me. Plus I can just see them as a grade school fashion for pencil toppers.

Walmart was out of the Furry Frenzies large play set. They did have some last week and the dept employee told me the would be getting plenty more in.

Walmart also had the Woodzeez. Same isle as the Furry Frenzies, Zoobles, and Squinkies.

Oh and the Sing-a -ma-jigs are soooo funny! Ugly as heck, kind of creepy really, but they are so fun to play with. I will not bring them into my house though, I can tell they would quickly become annoying.

Paper Jamz seem really cool put a bit pricey imo.

At Walmart today the Squinkies play set collection was different from what I saw last week and not many of them left. On closer inspection I prefer the Squinkies over Zoobles now. The Zoobles are a larger play set and if we didn't already have many Polly Pocket and LPS play sets around the house I would probably be more interested in them. But the Squinkies and their smaller play sets are much more appealing to me. Plus I can just see them as a grade school fashion for pencil toppers.

Walmart was out of the Furry Frenzies large play set. They did have some last week and the dept employee told me the would be getting plenty more in.

Walmart also had the Woodzeez. Same isle as the Furry Frenzies, Zoobles, and Squinkies.

Oh and the Sing-a -ma-jigs are soooo funny! Ugly as heck, kind of creepy really, but they are so fun to play with. I will not bring them into my house though, I can tell they would quickly become annoying.

I'm pretty sure you can't use them as pencil toppers. I don't think the hole is big enough.

yes a little girl in my nieces class had some squinkies at school and was using them as pencil toppers, my niece is now wanting some. they had a bunch at the local wal-mart and the accessories like the gumball machine and the cupcake surprise machine. I've also been hearing her talk a lot about the monster high dolls and we finally found some of the single packs at wal-mart and seen the double packs at target. my daughter got one of the nano hexbugs or whatever and she loves it...lol...i've never seen or heard anything about them til recently lol.

I think I'm going to have to get some of those Hexbugs! I've seen them in the package at Target, but never really knew what they did. I just looked them up on line and they look really cool.

And the Li'l Woodzeez are adorable. I looked at Target for them, but didn't see them. I like that they come with a book too. I'll have to look at Wal-mart.

Thanks for the great ideas everyone!

i think the Woodzeez are adorable too :) for the past few weeks all i've seen was the animals.......and then today I finally seen some kind of tree house looking thing lol and i seen some kind of playground accessore pack...I didn't get to look to good because I had the kids with me. I hope they still have it when I go back, because my little girl would love it!!! and my daughter has shown everyone her hexbug and all the kids love it.