What are the HOT toys for this year?

ChristmasShopping

I know it is too early to even think about Christmas (but I am)..

BUT I was trying to get a feel for what the hot toys for this year are or will be? It was this time last year that I was in AZ and was hearing about Zhu Zhu pets.

Yes, I am nuts for thinking this early out but with 46 people we buy for (including 12 nieces and nephews), you have to start early!

So any ideas on what is going to be big?

I do know those silly rubber band things seem hot now and would make great stocking stuffers.

I dont think its too early. I usually have to buy for about 28 so I also like to think ahead. I bought a few things already for some of the kids earlier on this year when I can catch sales. Im not sure what the hot toys will be this year so far but I do think that Toysrus usually releases its list of predictions around September? If anyone knows, I would love to know as well. =)

I don't know if I'd get those animal bracelets just yet (they're actually rubber bands, but people wear them..) I only say wait on those because they're a fad and they might not be "cool" come Christmas time, if you know what I mean. ;)

Glad I am not the only one thinking about it. I also do 15 stockings so I am always grabbing small things when I see them!

I know what you mean about the rubber band bracelets and waiting to buy them. I actually do hope they are a fad!

I have been hoping each day that this stupid fad will end myself.

what are they?

Finally found it with the correct spelling.

Sing-A-Ma-Jigs

Get ready to meet The Sing-a-ma-jigs, the new free-spirited, offbeat characters that set off unexpected laughter and excitement with every interaction! The Sing-a-ma-jigs enjoy nothing more than singing together, and just to prove it, they harmonize with each other in perfect pitch every time. The more you collect, the larger the chorus! Their zany looks are unique to them, and when they sing you can't resist when their little mouths open wide for each note! Every Sing-a-ma-jig has three modes of play where they chatter, sing their own song, or sing in harmony with their other Sing-a-ma-jig friends!

Thanks..look like they might be for the younger set..but then again I thought that about the zhu zhu pet that are now collecting dust bunny in my toy room

Our Zhu ZHu pet is probably dead!!! LOL! Hasn't been played with at ALL!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i have been wanting to ask the same thing for days! i have been avoiding GD just so i would p*ss someone off by asking lol...I dont think the silly bands are going to be much everyone already has them and my zhu zhu is dead :( but thats my fault my son(3) still plays with it like crazy! lol

Ok so i have done some research and heres what i think *may* be "hot" toys this year :)

-Monster high dolls/etc. (just came out on tru online. looks pretty neat if ur into that sorta thing!)

-the "KUNG ZHU" zhu zhu things MAY be big(if kids see them!) BTW has anyone seen the new zhu zhu's? they are sooo cute!

-mega blocks has alot of new stuff out

-Erector Mini Build and Play Set (race car,buggy,plane & more)

-Twilight stuff :D

-Tamagotchi

-pillow pets....eh? they are now selling them at tru..my son always wants them on tv.

-i think webkins,toy story etc. is all going to sell well.

Thats all i have for now :) time to go eat breakfast lol

I think toy story stuff will be huge..especially because Im sure they will have it on dvd for the holidays! Also Imaginext just came out with big foot. Similiar to their huge spike. That could bee a big seller. I def agree with those sing a ma jigs being a hot toy. I am so ready for the holiday season already..teehee!

The Ipad is the first think on MY list.. LOL! I need one before the kids.

I am hoping they come out with some exciting Wii games or something the kids will really be interested in. (and not as hard to get as those dang hamsters last year!)

Ipad would be for me also. My oldest wants a new xbox360. The way he plays, might actually happen... Youngest has no clue yet, he just got a touch for his bday and has a laptop... Hope some good games come out for wii and ds for him....

See i am sooo happy we are not really a electronic loving family lol i have a plam pre smart phone and it basically does everything i need it too! lol including being a mp3 player and it has more GB than my laptop! :) But i suspect when imy son gets older i will be buying them too!