What are the HOT toys for this year?

ChristmasShopping

For those looking at it, no 3DS for the holidays this year. Announcement just came... it will be released over here some time in March, and though the price isn't finalized for over here, in Japan it will cost the equivalent of $300. Well, at least now we know the hot toy for '11. ;) Hopefully the price will come down a bit too.

Cnn's Hot Toys 2010...most is predictable but a few I didn't know about http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/news/1009/gallery.hottest_toys_2010/index.html

I rather like the Lego games that are mentioned in the CNN piece as they combine putting something together with game play. The ones I like create 3D board games. (Some others have game pieces, but no board.) Four examples:

Lego Bazaar

[ATTACH]5546[/ATTACH]

Lego Minotaurus

[ATTACH]5549[/ATTACH]

Lego Hogwarts (Harry Potter)

post-99525-137262192792_thumb.png

Lego 3D Race

[ATTACH]5545[/ATTACH]

post-99525-137262192784_thumb.jpg

post-99525-137262192787_thumb.jpg

post-99525-13726219279_thumb.jpg

post-99525-137262192796_thumb.jpg

Edited by mcwalker

Forgot to add too, I think Kinect for the 360 may end up being hot. At first I didn't think so-- not my thing really (I'm a 360 owner but not planning to buy). But the more I read, the more it looks like it could be big, and with the early Nov. release could be in pretty short supply for the holidays.

I went to toys r us and target today. Both of them had a ton of the hot toys. I saw sing a ma jigs, monster high dolls, zoobles, and for the first time I even saw squinkies in stock!

I had all the kids with me so of course I couldnt buy anything but I was wrong to think that I was fre n clear from these "hot toys"...My oldest dd really wants zoobles n monster high dolls...so hopefully I will find them when I go back to the stores!!

That is expensive, $17.32 each! They retail for $12.99 and even TRU sells them at retail. Plus that is a 3rd party seller, or re-seller.

I guess I should restate that the Sing-a-ma-jigs appear to be currently sold out on-line for retail prices. But they are available from Ebay and Amazon re-sellers at inflated prices.

Jasmine35 - There are 6 new colors to be released soon (rumor has it this fall) and I imagine TRU will be the first to get them. I'd suggest to keep checking their site. Last holiday season WM was way behind in the game with the Zhu Zhu pets and newer colors/merchandise. There was that influx the last couple weeks right before x-mas and while other stores were getting new stuff, WM could barley stock the older stuff. And it was still months before new colors showed up on their shelves. It would not surprise me if the Sing-a-ma-jigs in orange, purple, and soon to be released colors don't make an appearance at WM before x-mas. Now maybe they learned their lesson and now order better, but I'm not holding my breath. Zhu Zhu hunting nightmares... no, I'm not bitter. LOL

Thank you for the advice. I will keep my zoo alert on. My local walmart doesn't even have squinkies yet. How ridiculous is that? And my local Target is sold out.

"no, I'm not bitter. LOL"

LOL Yes these stores can get very aggravating! I had some bubble packs ordered from TRU, made it thru check out and everything, got the confirmation email. Then a few days later, got the cancelled order email!

I didn't want to call and yell for fear they would cancel my other order. haha

I cant wait to see all the new colors! I seen one on amazon with a red tuft of hair that is cute. Can't remember if its the mint green one or not.

Very cool.

I wonder if the singamajigs will be bigger then squinkies. I think they may appeal to a wider audience.

New colors for the Sing-a-Ma-jigs are mint green, light blue, and hot pink. I do not know what songs they play though. BTW...I just think these are the cutest things!

I don't know if we are allowed to post links on ebay. So anyone who wants to see some of the new colors and what songs they play.

Go to ebay, type in:

singamajigs

Then click sort by highest price first. It looks like one listing has the new colors and the songs.

My local Walmart has not had squinkies yet either.The Walmart in the county over from me which is only about 10 miles always has tons of them. I did pick up some from there for Christmas. They also had 2 monster high dolls that I snatched up but today I found out that dd doesn't even like them.Oh well, maybe she'll change her mind or theres always ebay. Our Walmart got pillow pets in a week or so ago and still had quite a bit left today so dd had to have one of those.

New colors for the Sing-a-Ma-jigs are mint green, light blue, and hot pink. I do not know what songs they play though. BTW...I just think these are the cutest things!

I don't know if we are allowed to post links on ebay. So anyone who wants to see some of the new colors and what songs they play.

Go to ebay, type in:

singamajigs

Then click sort by highest price first. It looks like one listing has the new colors and the songs.

NICE! Thanks to both of you! I really like the green and according to an ebay seller, it sings "It's Raining, It's Pouring."

I've been hearing an awful lot about Squinkies. lol

Fingerhut has them in their Big Holiday Book preview right now. $39.99 - comes with 16 Squinkies and a palace to display them on. Not even sure if this is a deal as I'm not looking to buy these but they're currently in stock if anyone wants to buy them now.

Not a good deal. I seen these for the first time at target and meijer's today. I gotta tell ya, I don't get the attraction with them. I asked my 8 yr. old about them she doesn't want any. Honestly it's a relief, a hot toy I won't be on the hunt for LOL

I've been hearing an awful lot about Squinkies. lol

Fingerhut has them in their Big Holiday Book preview right now. $39.99 - comes with 16 Squinkies and a palace to display them on. Not even sure if this is a deal as I'm not looking to buy these but they're currently in stock if anyone wants to buy them now.

Thanks for the link. I seen it the other day. Pretty high. The palace retails for $16.99 at TRU and the 16 pack is $10.99 at TRU.

That was nice of you to post though. Keep posting link, cause soon that may look like an even better deal! lol

Okay so I am a bit pissed. I tried ordering from boscovs. To get free shipping your order needs to be $50, but I needed an orange and a purple singamajig.

So I grabbed the gogo pup cause i knew it would be needed for my middle dd anyways.

Turns out, if you order more then 1 singamajig, they just send you whatever color they want!

Well I wasnt planning on buying the dog right away, but was going to so I could get the singamajigs I wanted.

But they cant guarantee that.

Ridiculous!

Anyhow, I cancelled.

I'll see if I can find a good deal elsewhere.

I broke down and bought a pack of Squinkies a couple weeks ago. The pack was split up between my kids and me. My girls love them, my boys lost interest pretty quickly. DD 9 uses them as pencil toppers at school and she says some of her friends now want them. Here's the funny part: I took one of my kids yellow pencils, stuck my Squinkie on top and took it with me to my Microbiology night class. Now one of my classmates wants some. :)

I have discovered the last remaining 3 colors of the Sing a ma jigs. Not too exciting IMO. Another red, another yellow and a dark purple. Here is a link to all 12 colors:

NOTE: THIS IS THE CANADIAN TOYSRUS WEBSITE AND THEY DO NOT DELIVER TO THE US.

http://www.toysrus.ca/search/index.jsp?fv=TRUSCA%2F2510384&f=Taxonomy&keywords=sing+a+ma+jig

So that is all 12 that will be available. I'm thinking there is a good chance this may turn into another craze like the Zhu Zhus last year. They are already proving to be difficult to find at retail prices and I think that as they become available again re-sellers may snatch them up and make it more difficult for others to get a hold of them. I hope I am wrong...

I broke down and bought a pack of Squinkies a couple weeks ago. The pack was split up between my kids and me. My girls love them, my boys lost interest pretty quickly. DD 9 uses them as pencil toppers at school and she says some of her friends now want them. Here's the funny part: I took one of my kids yellow pencils, stuck my Squinkie on top and took it with me to my Microbiology night class. Now one of my classmates wants some. :)

Thats cool. I have 5 kids. 3 girls/2 boys. My eldest dd is 17 1/2, middle dd is 12, youngest dd is 6 1/2.

I will probably wind up splitting the squinkie collection up between the 2 youngest.

That cupcake bake shop looks so cute! did you notice TRU jacked the price up $2 recently on it? :eek:

I'll probably get that for one, and the gum ball surprize play set for the other and they can share. I need to figure out whether to get them a big 100 pack and let them split it or 6, 16 packs.

Do your girls like zoobles? My eldest dd is asking for them

Nice link for Canadians!

Ok , so I bought a Zoobles playset and extra figure. I ended up choosing the "Kelp Underwater Adventure". I also ordered some Squinkies. I am thinking about the large gumball thing too. A couple of Singamajigs, and I will have a good start for the Angel tree!