What are the HOT toys for this year?

ChristmasShopping

My kids are NOT into pillow pets, maybe its because our house is entirely themed including their rooms and it has been branded into them that they should look catelog perfect I don't know..DD said they were kinda cool during a commercial but didn't want one. My kids luckily don't watch much TV therefore not much advertising. DS6 said "those look hot, I like my pillow cold" LOL

Here is her opinion on Squinkies: The rubber is flexable therefor the detail in the things are not crisp or clear. They are SMALL. I'd easily say they are about 1/4 of the size of a LPS or maybe even smaller. DD got the "princess" set which makes a charm bracelet outta them. The peices in our opinion are at best quarter machine stuff. The plastic is flexible and has a "hole" where you add it to the charm. She threw all the "bubbles" away right off the bat and didn't even realize you might want to keep them. The peices are sometimes even hard to tell what they are supposed to be..like the crown its really bulky to add for the charm capibilites..she HATED them so maybe this is just the charm version that was so bad or are they all "charms?" I haven't not looked for them in stores because she didn't like the first set. Maybe it was just the set or the CHARMS that she got??? I have not seen any of them since the day she opened them (the zoobles go to school with her everyday) I expected them to be bigger and of better detail and more similar to LPS. The "bubble was about the size of a quarter if that helps.

Zoobles are a cross between littlest pet shops and Bakagun for boys. I actually played for almost 10 minutes SOLID with one little bunny Zooble. Making it into a ball and then putting it onto its Stnad to pop back out....it was rather fun and they are CUTE. So far the TWO DD has have been played with ALOT and seem WAY better made then Bakagun IMO. We throw them around alot and we haven't broken one yet.

My kids are NOT into pillow pets, maybe its because our house is entirely themed including their rooms and it has been branded into them that they should look catelog perfect I don't know..DD said they were kinda cool during a commercial but didn't want one. My kids luckily don't watch much TV therefore not much advertising. DS6 said "those look hot, I like my pillow cold" LOL

Here is her opinion on Squinkies: The rubber is flexable therefor the detail in the things are not crisp or clear. They are SMALL. I'd easily say they are about 1/4 of the size of a LPS or maybe even smaller. DD got the "princess" set which makes a charm bracelet outta them. The peices in our opinion are at best quarter machine stuff. The plastic is flexible and has a "hole" where you add it to the charm. She threw all the "bubbles" away right off the bat and didn't even realize you might want to keep them. The peices are sometimes even hard to tell what they are supposed to be..like the crown its really bulky to add for the charm capibilites..she HATED them so maybe this is just the charm version that was so bad or are they all "charms?" I haven't not looked for them in stores because she didn't like the first set. Maybe it was just the set or the CHARMS that she got??? I have not seen any of them since the day she opened them (the zoobles go to school with her everyday) I expected them to be bigger and of better detail and more similar to LPS. The "bubble was about the size of a quarter if that helps.

Zoobles are a cross between littlest pet shops and Bakagun for boys. I actually played for almost 10 minutes SOLID with one little bunny Zooble. Making it into a ball and then putting it onto its Stnad to pop back out....it was rather fun and they are CUTE. So far the TWO DD has have been played with ALOT and seem WAY better made then Bakagun IMO. We throw them around alot and we haven't broken one yet.

Thanks for your "review" of the Squinkies and Zoobles! DD wants both. I thought Squinkies looked cute on the commercial but from one people are saying they aren't worth it. I thought Zoobles did look like Bakugans and thought maybe DD and her Zoobles could play with DS and his Bakugans! ;)

I don't really care about brand. Are there Pillow Pet knockoffs out there cheaper than the branded ones?

I saw knock offs in my mall last week and they wanted $24.99 for them, I paid that for the Pillow Pets. I ordered some hard to find ones a zebra and elephant for my kids.

I don't really care about brand. Are there Pillow Pet knockoffs out there cheaper than the branded ones?

If you go to ebay and type in item # 370418864087 you will find Cuddlee Pet Pillows for $9.79.Not the Pillow Pet brand but they are just as cute.I ordered my daughter one and I'm sure she'll never know the difference in the brand.

Definitely the Pillow Pets and Zoobles. My daughter just got her 2nd PP, we had to wait a couple of weeks cause the local Walgreens was completely out of them, which is not a good sign come Xmas season if they can't keep them in stock in August.

My local walgreens had loads of Pillow Pets today for 19.99. It looked like 3 kinds but for the life of me can only remember ladybug one.

Yes after ours was out for a couple of weeks they got in a shipment the beginning of the week with honey bee, ladybug and 1 other type.

I think the Monster High dolls will be big also. My daughter asked for one that only came in a two pack...$32.99 or something like that. I got her that one, and think I'll get a few more for Christmas. Looks like I may need to get them sooner rather than later if they are selling out quickly.

Are there any electronic learning toys that anyone thinks will hot this year?

I know this will probably not be a hot toy, but has anyone got the tag reader or bugsby reader? Do you think they may have a good deal on the BF?

I finally saw the Zoobles at our local Walmart yesterday and they are ok. I guess I can see why younger kids might want them. My almost 4 year old daughter saw them and said "I want that" but of course she wants everything she sees. I doubt we will get any.

I know this will probably not be a hot toy, but has anyone got the tag reader or bugsby reader? Do you think they may have a good deal on the BF?

Last year Target had a $10 coupon in their toy book that comes out sometime around the beginning of Nov. And Leapfrog had a $10 off printable coupon on their website. I was able to get the 32mb Tag reader for $20. My son loved it, but it stopped working. I'm not sure what happened to it, but I want to replace it. I'm looking for a deal too!

Last year Target had a $10 coupon in their toy book that comes out sometime around the beginning of Nov. And Leapfrog had a $10 off printable coupon on their website. I was able to get the 32mb Tag reader for $20. My son loved it, but it stopped working. I'm not sure what happened to it, but I want to replace it. I'm looking for a deal too!

Thank you. That would be a good deal. Although at Walmart the Bugsby is 24.54 right now. But that would be a great deal on the Tag. If they come down enough I may even get both of them. There are books available for each one that my DD would like. SHe will be 4 in October.

Ok I saw this and it caught my attention. What is the Anti Gravity ball? Do you have a link for me to check it out??? It sounds cool.

I'ts actually Fushigi Gravity Ball. Here's the link for TRU http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=fushigi%20ball&origkw=Fushigi%20Ball&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

I saw them at Boscovs last week for the same price. There are websites all over for what you can do with it.

Starbeck96...I just wanted to let you know that I was able to find the 32mb Tag reader on clearance today at Kmart for $21! It wasn't with the other clearance and it had a price tag of $49.99 on it, but I scanned one and it came up as $21. The one on clearance is the one with the Dr Suess Cat In the Hat book. There was only one left at my store. I would have loved to have found one for my dd and nephew as well. My son is playing with it right now. Hope you can find one, my son loves his!

Thank you. I hate that all we have locally is a Walmart...ugh! We have to drive at least 45 minutes to get to a target or kmart. I will try to get there soon. Maybe they will still have some. How old is your son?

My son is almost 5, but we bought him the Tag for Christmas last year right after his fourth birthday. My dd is not quite 2 1/2 and she's playing with her brother's Tag now. We bought her the Tag Jr for Christmas which she loves as well. I hope you can find one!

They had a bunch of monster high dolls on an endcap at my target today. Had toons of zoobles...they were sitting right next to the lps items and they really are sooo similiar. I think squinkies might be the big toy though..there were none at all and a HUGE empty shelf that was suppose to be dedicated to them. I cant wait for the target and toysrus toy books to come out next month so I can really start planning my lists properly!

I saw Target had those paper guitars that I saw mentioned somwhere on here. The had the drums and some kind of amp. I think these are going to be popular. They did loook pretty cool.

i saw those today too, and i don't get it, give your kid some cardboard and markers and let them at it, they would probally have more fun making thier own.