What are the HOT toys for this year?

ChristmasShopping

Our Walmart had 2 lalaloopsy dolls Saturday and I started to get both of them but ended up not getting either of the two. DD has said that she wants all of them but after looking at them, I'm not sure thier worth the $25. From what I could tell, they don't do anything at all, no movement, no noise, no nothing. Besides, DD is 8 and I think she might be a bit too old for them. I'll probably regret not getting them though.

Our Walmart had 2 lalaloopsy dolls Saturday and I started to get both of them but ended up not getting either of the two. DD has said that she wants all of them but after looking at them, I'm not sure their worth the $25. From what I could tell, they don't do anything at all, no movement, no noise, no nothing. Besides, DD is 8 and I think she might be a bit too old for them. I'll probably regret not getting them though.

I think they would have been better priced around $20. $25 is high in my opinion too for what they are. TRU is now selling them for $28, they raised their price recently. Then again they raised their price on many many things recently, just like the usually do right before holiday shopping begins. But my youngest now want the dolls and she has gotten big sister (9) into them too. So when zooLert alerted that Walamart had them over the weekend I ordered some and paid with Bill Me Later. I figure 6 months interest free I can manage a $100 worth of dolls.

I think they would have been better priced around $20. $25 is high in my opinion too for what they are. TRU is now selling them for $28, they raised their price recently. Then again they raised their price on many many things recently, just like the usually do right before holiday shopping begins. But my youngest now want the dolls and she has gotten big sister (9) into them too. So when zooLert alerted that Walamart had them over the weekend I ordered some and paid with Bill Me Later. I figure 6 months interest free I can manage a $100 worth of dolls.

I agree on the price. They aren't worth $28, let alone $25. But their cuteness wins in the end. My 9 yr old wants one so she is getting the one with the kitty for her birthday this month and then I bought another from online walmart too over the weekend. They had the hard to find Spot so I couldn't resist! I will put that one away for Christmas. I swear, these will be impossible to find after Thanksgiving!

I agree on the price. They aren't worth $28, let alone $25. But their cuteness wins in the end. My 9 yr old wants one so she is getting the one with the kitty for her birthday this month and then I bought another from online walmart too over the weekend. They had the hard to find Spot so I couldn't resist! I will put that one away for Christmas. I swear, these will be impossible to find after Thanksgiving!

I felt the same way, and then I noticed how hard they are to find, so that made me decide to grab them when I can.

The October 12 Walmart press release on toy price reductions mentions the Hot 20 toys list by the Toy Insider as an authoritative list of the top toys of the season. The 2010 Hot 20, classified by age group, can be viewed at the following link:

http://www.thetoyinsider.com/wordpress/

Some of the links on the page are not working yet :( but, based on past years, it looks like they will be adding additional guide information by November. :)

For reference, the 2009 list is here: http://www.thetoyinsider.com/hot20.php

;)

Dance Star Mickey seems to be a hit at our local Target. There's a display set up in the store and EVERYONE, I mean everyone.... kids, moms, dads, workers, pushing the button and listening to it the whole time I was in the toy isle (It was cute, though, and catchy). Also, the shelf was empty.

Those puds canceled my order! Ugh! It even showed in stock for hours after I placed my order. Boo Walmart!

Those puds canceled my order! Ugh! It even showed in stock for hours after I placed my order. Boo Walmart!

Puds. That is funny! And they are!!

I had my order canceled for Spot and Pillow. I had a feeling that was going to happen. I also saw that they were showing in stock for hours and hours after I ordered and that made me think WM's site was broken. Then I didn't even get a conformation or OOS email. So I emailed customer service and received a response yesterday that the item was indeed OOS and they said it showed an expected ship date of 10/26. Now today I finally get the first auto generated email regarding the order and it said that it was canceled.

Luckily I had been checking the store and one day found one of the dolls I ordered and the next day found the other.

Anyone trying to order anything from Kmart.com, be aware that they charge you credit/debit card immediately upon placing the order. So if your going for something that sells out fast like Lalaloopsy dolls, and there is any question whether or not you order will going through, they will charge your CC no matter what and then you may get a cancellation later. I placed two orders on 10/9 with Kmart and got the cancellation email immediately after ordering. They charged my debit immediately also and the charges still have not dropped. I called Kmart customer service and they said that just the way they do things and that it is up to the bank to drop the pending charges. So I have over $100 being held that I have no access to and Kmart will do nothing about it.

I placed an order with Kmart.com Monday for one of the hard to find toys. Got an order confirmation but thats it. I am afraid it will be cancelled as the item is showing no longer available for shipping now.

Well, I was curious as to why my order status had not changed so I called Kmart. Yep, they tell me my order was cancelled on Monday because they were out of stock on Monday.The sales rep who took my order over the phone Monday stated that they were in stock which is what I told the supervisor today on the phone. He said that it takes a day for thier system to update.......ok, whatever but it showed them in stock all the way up until today so thats a bunch of bologna. Had I not called today, I guess I would have still been waiting because they never sent me a cancellation notice. So boo Kmart!!!

Edited by jade2002
update