Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I don't mean to turn this into a DSi thread... however, Target's ad for this Sunday was posted online and has highlighted "4-day pre-Thanksgiving specials"... anyway, one of them is a WHITE DSi for $119.00. I'm trying not to be color picky, but white??? I dunno 'bout that color...

If the price is good, just get skins for it!

I HIGHLY recommend the Nerf cases for the DSi! I got one in red for one son and blue for the other and not only does it help identify them and look cool, but it is fantastic protection! Not once has either one slipped off, and if they drop it or even toss it around, the device is fine. I know I paid less than $10 each on Amazon last year...

ok yeasterday when I was in Target they had that garmin nuvi 1690 that had been floating around this forum for 75% off for $100.xx. It was still marked at 50% off for 199.xx. When they scanned it with the price gun(can't remember what they are called) it rang up salvaged and the last price was 199.xx. the manager told me that the price guns only show what the last price in that particular store was sold at before it went slavage. Is this true? I thought it was for all the stores or at least for the stores in the area. Anyway I told the manager "I saw that same GPS at another store for 75% off can't you just let me but it at that rather than having to salvage it?" she would not let me and took it off the shelf. I was so bummed!

So, the Walmart BF ad is just posted... Lovetoshop... Nintendo DS lites are $89. I too am a Walmart *hater* (such a strong word). Anyway, last year, when they had them for $97, I was able to easily price match them at Target. The Walmart ad was color specific, but the CS person I dealt with at Target did not care. I was able to get the color I wanted at that Walmart price without any problems. You may give it a try! That's a good price, isn't it?

Try Radio Shack(in store)... Just picked up a red/black DS Lite for $89.97

Well mine is OT too KINDA I have to make my 80MI target run TODAY...so if I buy the white dsi I can just take in my reciept to price adjust next week right? I've never done a price adjustment:blush:

My DD has a Gymnastics clinic this weekend that we have to travel to and we won't be near a target Sunday :(

Well mine is OT too KINDA I have to make my 80MI target run TODAY...so if I buy the white dsi I can just take in my reciept to price adjust next week right? I've never done a price adjustment:blush:

My DD has a Gymnastics clinic this weekend that we have to travel to and we won't be near a target Sunday :(

yep...that should work :D you might just wanna confirm with the manager

ok yeasterday when I was in Target they had that garmin nuvi 1690 that had been floating around this forum for 75% off for $100.xx. It was still marked at 50% off for 199.xx. When they scanned it with the price gun(can't remember what they are called) it rang up salvaged and the last price was 199.xx. the manager told me that the price guns only show what the last price in that particular store was sold at before it went slavage. Is this true? I thought it was for all the stores or at least for the stores in the area. Anyway I told the manager "I saw that same GPS at another store for 75% off can't you just let me but it at that rather than having to salvage it?" she would not let me and took it off the shelf. I was so bummed!

Thats a bummer. I was able to get it for $104.xx... Its a really nice one, don't give up!

Stopped by the Wylie store and they had about 2 dozen of the Jack-o' lantern Cookie Kits in the bakery department for .50 each. I think the original price was 5.99. Kit comes in an orange box with cellophane window. Contains pre-baked pumpkin-shaped cookies (looks like 4 or 5 large cookies inside), black and orange icing sprinkles, bat-shaped hard candies. Expiration dates were March 20, 2011. I only bought one box, so there were still quite a few left.

Does anyone have any experience returning iPods to Target? I just bought an iPod shuffle on Monday to keep in my truck. However, it isn't working with the USB interface. I've been working with the dealership on how to get it going, but it's not looking promising. I really don't need a shuffle. I just wanted something small to keep in my truck. Does anyone know if Target's return policy is the same on electronics? Are they going to charge a restocking fee?? I just thought I would ask here first so that I knew what to expect when I go in to return it. (IF I return it.) I've never returned used electronics before.

Got the one and only white DSI at my store today (outta about 25 DSI's in the case) Dont know if that means they are holding them out or won't have any come Sunday, most things in the ad have already been moved to endcaps so that makes it nice and easy...

I got some great deals in Video games today 75%

Alice and wonderland for WII 7.48

UFC for PS3 7.48

MLB 2k10 for PS3 9.98

They also had GH5, greenday rockband, several soccer titles, How to train your dragon, NHL Other than that its incredibly SAD how sparse clearance is!

Yes, this is true. I work at Target and come across is every so often. There will be 2 things that show up on the PDA.... the last price sold at and the current price. When the last price sold at is $0.00, it has gone salvage and the item will usually have the last price sold(which happened to me the other night, item was salvaged but came up $6.74, it was a shirt). We have to take the item off the shelf and actually salvage the item, along with any other strays floating around.

Finally broke down and bought a GPS today..

###057-16-0036 Garmin Nuvi 1690 (75%) $100.04

Hi! My mom wanted me to post to this quote for her because she is at work. She wanted me to tell you that she PM you and asked if you would check it/ :) Please. Thanks so much. She found 2 of these and is having trouble getting them for the 75%. TIA!

Hi Damien9104!

Without seeing your mom's PM, I am uncertain if she is aware that Target clearance is YMMV. Meaning although the prices hopefully go to the lowest price gottadealers find in their stores nationwide, but there is no way to force a local store to match another store's clearance price. All she can do is hope the GPS do not get purchased by someone else or go salvage before being marked down to the 75% off price.

And guys, must I play mean board host here? I like the occasional off topic discussion as much as the next guy, but really...

Unless the DSi's are on clearance, let's move that discussion elsewhere, please.

Oh, and GinaInIL, please keep perimeterperusing.com in mind if the board gets too chatty for you. As long as the triple # is used when a deal is posted, you will find them all listed there.

Carry on! ;)

Does anyone have any experience returning iPods to Target? I just bought an iPod shuffle on Monday to keep in my truck. However, it isn't working with the USB interface. I've been working with the dealership on how to get it going, but it's not looking promising. I really don't need a shuffle. I just wanted something small to keep in my truck. Does anyone know if Target's return policy is the same on electronics? Are they going to charge a restocking fee?? I just thought I would ask here first so that I knew what to expect when I go in to return it. (IF I return it.) I've never returned used electronics before.

tell them that its defective you could not get it to work

Hi! My mom wanted me to post to this quote for her because she is at work. She wanted me to tell you that she PM you and asked if you would check it/ :) Please. Thanks so much. She found 2 of these and is having trouble getting them for the 75%. TIA!

Hey Damien,

I'm sorry, but I never received her PM's?!? I'm not sure exactly what your question is. Could you elaborate?

Thats a bummer. I was able to get it for $104.xx... Its a really nice one, don't give up!

Hi Gina, i am going to try to PM you again. (Damien's Mom) EDIT guess it's not "again" I must have done something wrong because it doesn't show that I ever sent you a PM!!!!

Edited by rondadeal

Returned my shuffle today without any problems. Discovered that I need the Nano to work properly in my truck. Guess I will have to head out and pick one up on crazy friday.

They also had several of the white DSis, so I grabbed one just so that I have it. LOL. In a perfect world, my dd would probably like turquoise, but once it goes into that Nerf case I bought, will you really even be able to see the color very much unless its opened? Don't know about the skins people were talking about. Can you use those AND use the Nerf case too? That's seems to be a good price without the hassle of lines.

In the Target 4-day ad, it describes the DSi as having TWO cameras. I can't see anything on the box that talks about TWO cameras. They aren't going to come out with some kind of special/different one for Sunday, are they?? It rang up as $149.99, which is what the ad said its original price is. Guess I will just have to go in on Sunday to see....

Returned my shuffle today without any problems. Discovered that I need the Nano to work properly in my truck. Guess I will have to head out and pick one up on crazy friday.

They also had several of the white DSis, so I grabbed one just so that I have it. LOL. In a perfect world, my dd would probably like turquoise, but once it goes into that Nerf case I bought, will you really even be able to see the color very much unless its opened? Don't know about the skins people were talking about. Can you use those AND use the Nerf case too? That's seems to be a good price without the hassle of lines.

In the Target 4-day ad, it describes the DSi as having TWO cameras. I can't see anything on the box that talks about TWO cameras. They aren't going to come out with some kind of special/different one for Sunday, are they?? It rang up as $149.99, which is what the ad said its original price is. Guess I will just have to go in on Sunday to see....

The DSI has TWO LENSES..one takes a picture of YOU viewing the DSI..the other takes one AWAY from the DSI does that make sense...kinda like Iphone where you can take a pic of yourself without holding it backwards...

I get our skins from Decalgirl either on Amazon or Ebay and have 100% happy with them (we have them on laptops, Kindles, Ereaders,ect) They have a ZILLION

SCORE ONE for Target's return policy I really didn't think they'd let you return an opened Ipod :)

When the Nerf case is on, you cannot tell the color of the outside of the DSi at all, only the color around the screens. There is a little flip open cap that covers the lens that you can just open to take pics. I can't see any reason to put a skin on it before putting the Nerf case on. The Nerf case is much bulkier than a skin and not only does it give something sizeable for little hands to grip, but it also provides protection when it is dropped. We love ours. They have never gotten loose or even come close to coming off..

p.s. I asked about 3 different people at our Target before I bought 2 ipads and they all said that they would have the same 90 day return policy as regular products. I just had to make sure I included everything in the box. Thankfully they are well-loved and no need to return!