Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

So, is the consensus that the toys won't go 75% until next week? Or does everyone truly believe it will be tomorrow? I meant to mention when I posted earlier, when I was at Target today they moved two huge flatbeds out of the back completely piled with toys and on the ends were signs that said "Do Not BackLog these items, they will be stocked on another aisle." I pulled two items off the top of one of them, they were two little christmas stocking stuffer toys. So, both of them were right at the back of electronics, which is right across from toys.

Any idea what they were?

bought the smart cycle for 50% off yesterday but no games. if anyone finds the games for 75%, PLEASE pick them up. I will pay for them plus shipping. You'll make my DD a very happy girl!!!!

One of my Targets already had the Smart Cycle games for 75% off. I think they were $6.98. They had Thomas the Train, Matchbox cars, Scooby Doo, Sponge Bob, and Cars. If I knew you wanted them, I would have picked them up for you today. They had a ton of them left at that store. Sorry. :(

Toys at the MWC Target are still 50% off. Heading to another store after work to check there. Here are some things I found in the Christmas stuff:

###030001270 Hat & Sock Set Newborn Sz 0.79

###055030874 Spin Tin of Hot Cocoa 0.42

###055030885 Rasberry Hot Cocoa 0.16

###087000002 Bakugan Card thing w/ dice 0.29

###204070334 Yo Gabba Gabba Megablock Christmas thing 0.49

###055030224 Ghirardelli Chocolates 0.87 (in the reg candy section)

###204033097 CARS Shake and Go Mater and Lightning McQueen 3.98 each

###087021491 Spy Gear toy 3.98

###074153199 "Celebrate" Picture Frame 0.79 (reg 7.99)

###074153200 "Peace" Picture Frame 0.79 (reg 7.99)

###074153207 Snowman Christmas Frame 0.79 (reg 7.99)

###074153218 Green Christmas Frame 0.79 (reg 7.99)

###081060121 Post It's that look like ornament w/ reindeer 0.19

###081060867 Scotch Tape 0.19

###204100382 Tonka Truck 19.98 reg 49.99

The frames were in the reg section and were not marked or anything so just took a chance and scanned them. The tape is the purple cardboard one that says $1.99 on it and the post its were in the regular section as well.

I can't wait for the toys to go to 75%. I am also in search of the elusive 2009 Barbie as well as some Fisher Price toys. Hopefully I will find something tonight.

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for autolisting

My Target store in Wisconsin went 75% off toys on the 15th last year as well. We were having a blizzard that day and my kid's school called off because of the severe weather. I hate to admit this but we loaded blankets and emergency supplies in the car and were first in the door when Target opened! Sadly, I relocated to the South and now live 1-2 hours from the nearest Target...so if anyone is watching either Monroe or Shreveport, Louisiana can you keep me informed? I plan to drive down the 75% day but will definitely not be able to be first in the door this time. :)

Found in chips aisle- Archer Farms Butter Toffee caramel clusters with almonds and cashews (caramel popcorn) 90% off- 39 cents. In a cylindrical container about 12 inches tall. Background of the label is silver with teeny tiny snowflakes. Xmas will probably salvage tomorrow at mine. good luck.

###071950362 AF Butter Toffee 39 cents

I found the xmas sheets- twin for 1.99! So happy! I bought the three they had. If anyone is near the Philipsburg, NJ store, they had plenty plenty plenty of Nick and Nora mint green xmas pj sets for 1.49 all sizes 18 months- 4T. Also had the Carter's 2 packs of pjs in all sizes up to 5T "What santa doesn't get me grandma will"- also 1.49. Look in regular toddler aisle.

So that's where those sheet sets went! :) We must have been in the store at the same time - but you got there before me. I also found the pjs you mentioned - great deal and one box of holiday snowflake shaped Ritz (on the shelf with the regular boxes) .29.

And, remember to check those re-stock carts for Christmas stuff - found a cart sitting in the toy section with a command hook .87, two 3-packs of transformers .89, and a 6-pack of holiday washcloths .79. Also, in with the regular plush toys, there are "Club Penguin" plushes for .99 regularly 9.99. It's fun to find the hidden Christmas treasures....

I live outside of Houston, TX and my Target was 50% off today. The cashier that helped me said he thought the toys would go 75% off today but obviously they did not. Last year was slower than previous years but according to tradition (excluding LY) toys should go 75% off tomorrow. I picked up several 50% off toys that I had to have but am anxiously awaiting the 75% off. Also, the sign on the toy aisle was 30% off but they were 50% off.

The toys at my store are 30% off. They finally have one aisle of toys on clearance at 30 %. This just happened today because my sister was there while they were stocking the toys. We do not have nearly the selection we had last year. I am going tomorrow morning before work to see if they go down any lower. My Christmas area was 90% off too and hardly nothing left but cards and garland. I did find the oreo cookies. :) I also found ind. dog food cans for 30 cents. My hubby was happy about the dog food. LOL!!!

Last year's toy clearance was late, so I am hoping that it is tomorrow. I can manage tomorrow easily.

Oh, and I just can't help myself. I keep hearing all this talk on the radio about it being so cold everywhere. And so many people on here keep talking about snow storms and ice, and all that. And I lived through storms like that for many years, so I have some sympathy. And, it is not that we have perfect weather or anything. We get earthquakes and hideous wildfires (like last summer) and floods and mudslides that follow in the fire zones. But all that said, I've been wearing shorts all day and had to run the car AC today as I was running around. So, hitting up 8-9 Targets tomorrow for toy clearance would be just fine...

DH came home early to do some work at home so before picking up my older kids at school I went to Target. I saw some employees rearranging the toys and adding more stuff but lots were still at the same prices as when I last checked. I did find some hidden gems and everything I bought was the only one except for the kids groom sets so I grabbed them.

###086000127 Playdough Super Craft Caddy $2.98

###204030206 Fisher Price Play N Go School with Commerative Tin $2.75

###007080804 Thomas and Friends Bath and Groom Set for kids $2.74

###071950381 Archer Farms Cheddar Chesse Straws $0.39

###051131567 Star Wars Yoda Tree Topper with light up sword $2.99

###043016823 Mens Griswold Family Christmas Shirt $1.19

The shirt is dark brown with faded green car pic that says Griswold on top but the green is so faded and looks so worn (the style) that it does not look Christmas-like at all so could be used right now.

The signs now say 30% Off and 50% off however the Playdough Super Craft Caddy was red tagged at $2.98 otherwise I wouldn't have known it. After that, I grabbed the Fisher Price item because it was the only one in the sale aisle and it had no sticker on it and it scanned at $2.75. So if you see something that is the last item with no sticker, scan it.

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for autolisting

Has anyone noticed if the Knex Lava Launch Roller coaster has been marked down? I belive original price was around $70 or so. Walmart had some marked down so I was wondering if Target might also. Haven't had a chance to get out myself and take a look. . .my regular life has been interfereing with my shopping life.

RockiesGirl, Thanks for all the information. I will head to Target tomorrow and see if it has went 90% yet. Thanks for the advice on scanning the items, I didn't try that. I will definitely check out the toys also, I don't have any children, but have plenty of nieces and nephews to buy for.

So that's where those sheet sets went! :) We must have been in the store at the same time - but you got there before me.

Oh, gosh, sorry:blush:!! They had several of the AF butter toffee popcorn left in the chip aisle if you get back there soon..but they may be INF if xmas is salvaged.

I'd keep an eye out for the holiday barbie in the toy aisle in the coming weeks. In recent years, barbies have mostly been excluded from the general holiday markdowns. Instead, they've been orange stickered and put in with the toys. It may have just been kind of a lucky fluke that someone found one for 90% off.

I don't know...maybe they changed back to including Barbies in with the holiday clearance schedule, but for the past 2-3 years, they've stopped doing that with holiday themed barbies and put them in with normal markdowns. You may still have a chance to find one at 75% off, which is still pretty good.

I got the 2009 Holiday Barbie for 75% off a week ago for $4.xx and the Target Christmas Barbies (pink and red outfits) for $1.xx 90% off this week.

Has anyone noticed if the Knex Lava Launch Roller coaster has been marked down? I belive original price was around $70 or so. Walmart had some marked down so I was wondering if Target might also. Haven't had a chance to get out myself and take a look. . .my regular life has been interfereing with my shopping life.

I got this for 50% off today at my store.

Sigh...I really hope it's not tomorrow....we're going to have a blizzard here and while it's crazy to get the kids out in that just to hit the clearance, if I don't do it, someone else will and everything will be gone!

Has anyone checked stores in KC today? I was in Ward Parkway and everything was marked 30% and there was very little activity in the section (one guy re-setting regular price stuff). Mission usually goes first...I called and the person said 50% still, but you can't trust that! ;)

Sigh...I really hope it's not tomorrow....we're going to have a blizzard here and while it's crazy to get the kids out in that just to hit the clearance, if I don't do it, someone else will and everything will be gone!

Has anyone checked stores in KC today? I was in Ward Parkway and everything was marked 30% and there was very little activity in the section (one guy re-setting regular price stuff). Mission usually goes first...I called and the person said 50% still, but you can't trust that! ;)

I have to go in for work....for some reason even in very very bad weather people still show up for surgery! I will hit the closest Target after that. I haven't made it to that one yet so I have no idea what they will have! Kind of exciting!

Went to my local Target tonight. The one aisle of Christmas that was left was mostly stockings and ornaments of course were 90%. Found about 15 oreos stocked with the regular oreos, rang up $0.27, scored 3 pairs of the toddler pjs ( 1 Nick & ? and 2 were Carters) for 1.27. There was one end cap of 75% off toys. rest were 50% and 30%. They went 50% today so I am guessing 75% by next week?

I was not feeling well today, so this is the first I got in to the forums today.

I skimmed and formatted some posts for autolisting, but did not take the time to note the names of the new posters I noticed here today.

So, an overall "Welcome to the GottaDeal Forums!!" shout out to those who posted for the first time today. I look forward to hearing of your finds. :)

Went shopping today and got some good deals. I bought

###(2) cases of Pampers swaddlers 132 count size 2 for $14.98 original price $29.99

(for my new baby due in July).

Also found

###a case of Pampers cruisers 116 count size 3 $14.98 original price $29.99

(my friend purchased these) and

###2 cases of size 6 Pampers cruisers $14.98 original price $29.99 I also bought a

###red one piece Christmas PJ's 9mo. by Circo that reads "Baby's first Christmas $0.60 original price $6.99

###(3) Carter's long sleeved onesie 3-6 mo for $1.74

##Bought two large terra cotta 24 in planter pots that were marked 75% today for $14.98 original priced 59.99, I have been watching these for awhile and lucked out today. There were also more planters that were marked 75% off in various colors I saw some as low as $3.24. :yup:

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted or autolisting

Does anyone know if the $10 coupon that Hasbro had out for the Dinoroars Monty Rex was the one that said Dinoroars Stompers on it? I printed all the Hasbro q's when they were available and I'm not sure if that is the right one for Monty. I passed along some of the q's to my SIL so they could get some toys for my nephew and I'm wondering if maybe I gave her that q. Just hoping someone could help me out so that I don't have to tear my house apart looking for that darn coupon! I have been stalking the toys and my ds is really in love with Monty. My dd cries anytime she sees him. I was thinking of holding onto him until his birthday in Oct if I could slip it past him when it goes 50%. Thanks for any info!

###04100392 Playskool Musical Sit N Spin $10.98 - $10 off coupon = $0.98

Found one in clearance for $10.98. Had the $10 off manufacturer coupon making it only $0.98! Had some more coupons, so I called a store to find out what other stores had it in stock using the item number. Took a chance, but I found them at the stores they told me had them in stock. If you still have the $10 off coupon, great deal.

Damn. I assume those Playskool coupons aren't available anymore? I printed off a couple, used one...and threw the sit n spin one away since my local store didn't have it. Figured I didn't need it that bad...

But now I'm wishing I hadn't. I tried to get the coupons again, but it wasn't showing any available.