Price Adjustments

mandyjo3789

Ok I prinited out the important policy thingy....

so with exception of doorbusters.......

I CAN GO BUY MY STUFF TODAY and get adjusted NEXT week, right ? YES OR NO ?

Your absolute best bet would be to go to the Customer Service Desk as soon as possible and ask them if they will price adjust their own prices on BF. If they shoot you down then show them the corporate policy and maybe they will change their mind. If they say that they will price adjust then go buy your stuff today and get the adjustment on BF.

Ultimately it is up to management as to if that particular Target store will or will not price adjust. You won't know until you ask.

Remember, I am talking about "price adjusting" Target items NOT "price matching". Two totally different things.

I was at Target last night, and I overheard another customer asking if she were to buy the 7 inch portable tv from the ad right then, would she be able to get a price adjustment for the BF price later. The clerk had to call a manager, who said yes, they would price match thier own ad's doorbusters, but could not verify if the item she was looking at was the same one that would be in the ad. She ended up taking the chance and buying it, and as soon as she walked away the clerk loaded up all the remaining ones and took them off the floor.

The price adjustment policy is usually posted on the wall right next to customer service. It states the same as the website--that they WILL do the adjustment for black friday. You shouldn't even have to print it out. I have done it for a few years now and it works beautifully! The people working there could care less and just do the price adjustment as they would any other day of the year. Sometimes the employees even congratulate me on all the money I saved! If you wait until Wednesday night, you might find the items you are looking for easier, as they put them out in clear view. But just going down the toy isle last week, I saw stacks and stacks of the BF toys above the shelves, so it is kinda obvious what will be on sale!

All the ambiguity and differences between stores (and even between customer service people in some cases) makes me nervous to even try price adjusting. I attempted it at WalMart last year and got screwed by the "Switched SKU" tactic. Oh, I was so angry!! Don't know if I want to ruin my BF by going through that.

Devilpup00, that price match will not work. Target does not price match "Timed events (e.g., early bird, doorbusters)". Doorbusters at OM run from 7-12am so this makes it a timed event.

It will work at my Target! I bought the Acer for 199, but found out the Office Max will have it for 149 on Black Friday. I called the manager and explained and he said yes! They will honor ads on Black Friday, even timed ones.

Check your local Target, because the rules DIFFER a little bit at each store!!!

Ok, so they will price adjust....

I have 10% coupon (from credit card) and the item I want to buy has a gift card not a sale price (xbox 360 systems elite versions). If I buy today, I can go back in on Fri and get the giftcard? How does it work with the 10% off, I assume they will return/rebuy the xbox or will they just give me the gift card. Trying to make decision on which system to buy

I stand corrected then. It sounds like "price matching" and "price adjusting" are both doable as long as your local Target store chooses to do so. Good information to know!

UPDATE: I asked my local Target if I could price match Black Friday doorbusters from their competitors and I got shot down. So no go at my store unfortunately.

Edited by shanecrow99

Ok, so they will price adjust....

I have 10% coupon (from credit card) and the item I want to buy has a gift card not a sale price (xbox 360 systems elite versions). If I buy today, I can go back in on Fri and get the giftcard? How does it work with the 10% off, I assume they will return/rebuy the xbox or will they just give me the gift card. Trying to make decision on which system to buy

I doubt you would be able to go back and get the gift card. And if you have to return/rebuy, you will lose your 10% unless you wait and use the card for the rebuy.

WOW. I went into my Target today (yes, the same Target I have called twice) to buy my items. I was talking to an employee who said that she was told that they WOULD NOT price match or price adjust on BF!:mad:

She could tell I was upset because I had taken the time to call and then she was told differently. She called a third manager and that manager said "I don't know who would tell her that, but the answer is no." I marched up to the customer service desk with the employee and explained everything to them. They seemed frustrated because they, too, had received mixed info from management.

One of the girls at customer service assured me that SHE would take care of me on Friday morning, even if I have to return the items and she resales them to me on the spot.

Here are the lessons we should all learn from all of this:

1) Print the Target policy and take it with you.

2) When you talk to an employee who tells you "yes," get their name!

3) Talk to a manager who will be present of Friday!

4) If you are price adjusting, make sure to have the items in your car on Friday, just in case.

5) Act really made (but rational) and you will get your way.;)

WOW. I went into my Target today (yes, the same Target I have called twice) to buy my items. I was talking to an employee who said that she was told that they WOULD NOT price match or price adjust on BF!:mad:

She could tell I was upset because I had taken the time to call and then she was told differently. She called a third manager and that manager said "I don't know who would tell her that, but the answer is no." I marched up to the customer service desk with the employee and explained everything to them. They seemed frustrated because they, too, had received mixed info from management.

One of the girls at customer service assured me that SHE would take care of me on Friday morning, even if I have to return the items and she resales them to me on the spot.

3) Talk to a manager who will be present on Friday!

4) If you are price adjusting, make sure to have the items in your car on Friday, just in case.

5) Act really mad (but rational) and you will get your way.;)

Sorry if I sound overly frustrated, but I always do my homework, and this just pisses me off. Target has always been great with customer service, but they better figure it out quick or they are going to lose loyal customers...

More and more store will probably be changing their policies for Black Friday, that day is to boost sales, if they are refunding money for items they sold a few days before they are going in the wrong direction of their goal of making money on Black Friday. Stores want to sell the items on black friday so I see policy changes happening at stores who offer price adjustments.

3) Talk to a manager who will be present of Friday!

5) Act really made (but rational) and you will get your way.;)

I called this morning to see if they would do a price adjustment and the person that answered put me on hold to go ask the GSTL. She came back and said Yes. Then I asked who the GSTL was in case I have problems on Friday. She told me the GSTL's name, then told me hers. Then I asked if the GSTL would be working on Friday and was told that they both would be and the gal told me she would price adjust for me. We'll see what happens on Friday though!

No need to go to all the trouble PDF'ing an email response. Most of Target's email responses are pre-scripted canned responses anyways. Just go HERE, print it out and take it with you. That is the corporate policy on price adjusting. Hopefully you can make it work in your favor.

No need to print off their adjustment policy. (Not the price match policy) It is posted right on the wall at guest services. Thanks Target!

I bought my BF items today. They will be in the car with me on Friday. Should they not price adjust, I will return them.

Great idea. I need to get my stuff tomorrow - my DH has to work on BF and I have to watch the kids. I can bring them with me to Target later on Friday to do the adjustment, but I would hate to have to show them what I am getting...

Not quite. I would seriously ask the customer service people if they will indeed price adjust BF doorbuster items. Before you even start loading up your cart go talk to them first! There are many Target's who will NOT (I have 2 in my area that won't and only 1 that will). I realize it would be against their price adjustment policy to not honor the adjustment but in some Targets it is up to management and some choose to ignore the policy and deny you. When in doubt - ask. That way there won't be any surprises on BF.

The same goes for price matching other stores. Technically their rules say they will not price match a competitor for doorbuster items but some people are saying that their store is going to do so. Like I said earlier, ask the customer service people if it is possible and get names of who you talked to.

Just called my target, and they will NOT price adjust for items in the 2-day ad...

Here's my issue. If there is a corporate policy, how can any manager deviate from that? The corporate policy does not state "at manager's discretion". I could see if it is the case but there are no if's and's or but's in that policy and I plan on pushing the issue if they give me a hard time.